Virginia Tech shootings

They claim its the video of shooting:

clicky

Yeah, that's the real thing. They showed it on the news.

Its a disgrace that this has happened again, it wasn't long ago that a similar thing happened, but nowhere near as awful as this one. 32 dead, excluding the gunman, don't know if there has been a rise in that at all. My thoughts go out to all those who were affected.

I think it went up to 33. I heard that one of the wounded died in the hospital today.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically this topic is testament to more reason why JT is wrong. He states that video games lead to this sort of violence, how then is it possible for all these avid fans of gta to be discussing how horrible this was. Sometimes I really wonder what is going through his head

Ironically this topic is testament to more reason why JT is wrong. He states that video games lead to this sort of violence, how then is it possible for all these avid fans of gta to be discussing how horrible this was. Sometimes I really wonder what is going through his head

Jack Thompson's thoughts:

"I like cock, I like cock. Grand Theft Auto causes violence. I like cock, I like cock."

He's a douche and a half, his thoughts don't matter.

I just saw that video with Jack Thompson talking on Fox News and he lives to blame killings on violent games, not just about GTA, though. He gave an example of something that happened some time ago about someone "training to kill" on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to get "his heart-rate lower". He also talked about some first or third person shooter games blamed for someone killing about 3 and wounding 8. Still here he has no proof like Jared said that the motive was that he was playing violent video games.

WTF? Doesnt this jackass realise that there are violent movies aswell? I've seen alot more realistic violence in movies, than video games.

Going on a rampage and killing dozens of people in GTA is fun, but it's a bloody video game. ;)

It's never once crossed my mind to re-inact the stuff that happens in GTA.

Yeah you're right Niko Bellic. If GTA or other games were truely violent, none of us would care about what's happened, but we do.

Edited by Dr Evil

Well as you all probably know they've identified the killer, it seems like it's a 23-year old south korean. He studied at the University too, many described him as a loneliner and all. He had also bought a gun already in March, and it seems like it's really easy to get hold of a gun in Virginia, it says that 12-year olds can get a shotgun there, man that's crazy you know.

This is so sad, i heard that he had it all planned out and who he was gonna kill. This guy must be a major loser, yet they could of teased him. I hate this...

They're still calling him a loser on all the news stations. He's South Korean or whatever and he had a shitty life and had plays written out about killing people and were in no way like GTA.

Okay this is what I really think about it. I don't give a shit, I'm not a friend or relative. They pretty much got OWNED.

And why should you lot care anyway? Your not the damn family or friends either, are you?

[/rant]

thats a rude thing to say, Its still a sad thing, i mean what do you think the families of the people Who were killed are going through right now? How would you feel if you're family was murdered by some psycho?

Then who was that other guy in teh first shooting video? A random guy? He was shooting and killed himself, too. That makes it 34!

I believe that was the Columbine shooting. Watched it like a month ago or something...

No, the Columbine shooters were 18 and 17 year olds.

I'd live on, I mean c'mon. You know they will die one day. So why not sooner?

That's a dumb thing to say. College kids are typically 18-22 years old. When you say sooner, you mean like 50+ years sooner that their lives could've gone on. Living until your 18 isn't living your life.

Edit: And today, NBC News got a package of things from the shooter including a video of his vulgar expressions, 1,800 word paper, and pictures mainly of him wielding the pistols he used in the shooting. It was mailed out after he had killed 2 students and after that, the massacre really started but there's no proof that it was him who delivered the package to the mail since it had a fake name on it. It took NBC a day to get it since the package had the wrong zip code on it.

Edited by Rashon125

Okay this is what I really think about it. I don't give a shit, I'm not a friend or relative. They pretty much got OWNED.

And why should you lot care anyway? Your not the damn family or friends either, are you?

[/rant]

Spartan, you are the most pathetic excuse for a human being I have ever known. Show some god damn respect you prick. 32 people lost there lives, no matter what the cause was it was not right, it is not just a lose to those people's families, but to the economy too, most of those students killed were very close to graduation. Plus most were engineering students, and to be an engineer or even just an engineering student you have to be very intelligent. Just because you didn't know them, doesn't mean it's not important. Plus, who ever said what you said meant anything? It doesn't, you've proved many MANY times before of just how low your intelligence level is, and just how much of an absolute jerk you are. The only one "owned" her my friend, is you, 2 days temp ban. Very long overdue, but I don't, and I know everyone else would agree with me here, that we don't appreciate your very offensive and down right inappropriate comments on this matter.

I'd live on, I mean c'mon. You know they will die one day. So why not sooner?

Forget it, make that a one week temp ban. That comment was not only stupid, it's just down right offensive.

And today, NBC News got a package of things from the shooter including a video of his vulgar expressions, 1,800 word paper, and pictures mainly of him wielding the pistols he used in the shooting. It was mailed out after he had killed 2 students and after that, the massacre really started but there's no proof that it was him who delivered the package to the mail since it had a fake name on it. It took NBC a day to get it since the package had the wrong zip code on it.

I heard that myself, just earlier on the radio. I meant to tune into the news to hear more, but I missed it by the time I got home. I'll have to catch it on the late news.

I totally agree with Jared, Spartan seems to act like a tough guy who doesent give a shit, but actually hes just a dumb kid.

@ Spartan: Well i say this to you - grow up little prick and learn to appreciate the gift of life you have, and would you move on if your parents got killed? I think not. Death is sad and wrong in every way, and its even more sad when young people die.

Ok... I really do feel sorry for the people's families. They must be devastated. Every time I turn on the news it seems that we get more info on the killer. Between that 2 hour gap (From 7am to 9am I think) he mailed to a news company pictures of him holding a gun in different poses and other things, he really did have some mental problems.

Ok... I really do feel sorry for the people's families. They must be devastated. Every time I turn on the news it seems that we get more info on the killer. Between that 2 hour gap (From 7am to 9am I think) he mailed to a news company pictures of him holding a gun in different poses and other things, he really did have some mental problems.

Yeah same here, I just wonder how this guy who had a history of mental behaviour got into Vrgina Tec anyway.

And Spartan you have no affection for your family if you say you would move on straight away.

What Spartan said was disrespectful and heartless. He derserves that suspension.

I feel what happened to those students if horrific and very sad, they were only in the wrong place and the wrong time and they did not deserve to die like that. It seems so wrong that he did this and that he also escaped from justice. My sympathy goes to the family and friends and I hope the reminder students will be able to get on with their lives and not let this ruin their lives emotionally.

Alright guys, enough with the insults. If you can't prove a point without using indecent language, then you shouldn't be trying. You say an opinion, so can the next person. Even if it's extremly offensive, there's no need to flame outside the warzone.

It's kind of scary thinking about it, we had a lockdown practice today (SUPPOSEDLY it was planned a week or two ago, what a coincidence... or.. was it?) and yeah.. I do feel for the families and such. It's just none of my business, I'm not a huge social person, I like to mind for my own things.

Thinking about it.... IF those people were my good friends and family, I hate it. I would go... pretty much off the deep end. Depending on the people. I suppose I'm saying close family and close friends or mates. Excommunication with once-loved ones is pretty hard, I couldn't imagine them being gone forever.

Did anybody see the pictures that he took of himself the first two he was happy and smiling and then the rest were him with guns and him holding a hammer and stuff , not to be rude but this guy was f***ing freak he wrote a stage play about indecent sexual acts and killing his class mates.

But something i am still wondering is that how come the campus police didn't act differently they just let the schooling go on while two people had been shot .....seems a bit weird to me

I must apologize for my insults towards Spartan in my last post, they were in their self unwarranted and unprofessional. Next time I myself will chose better words to explain my point of view on him, until then, sorry to everyone for going a little bit off the rails there, I just feel what he said was very wrong. Either way, the punishment still sticks, however for 36 Hours, since I did go a little over the top with a 7 day ban, sorry about that.

I heard some new news today, some screens of the video also. However I did hear the NBC is in some trouble for playing the entire thing on American Television yesterday. I can understand that, which is probably one of the reason we haven't seen more then just a few images.