Losing on purpose for higher draft picks

Rashon.

Losing on Purpose  

2 members have voted

1. 1. In a fan's sight, would you want your team to...

• Lose On Purpose To Get A Better Draft Pick
    • Play To Win Even Though You Have A Crappy Record

Now two days ago, I heard that Boston Celtics player, Ryan Gomes, said that his team lost on purpose so that the Celtics can clinch the second worst record in the league so they can have a higher chance of getting the top pick in the NBA Draft.

This morning, I was watching Mike & Mike In The Morning and they were debating whether the team that has nearly the worst record in the league should lose on purpose so they can have a higher chance of getting the top pick in the NBA or the top pick in the NFL in a fan's perspective.

I thought I'd post it here. So say the team you root for in the NFL has a 4-10 record with 3 games to go and is a few games better than the worst team in the league, would you want your team to lose on purpose to get a better draft pick that might help your team in the future to get better, or not lose on purpose since the main thing in sports is that you play to win the game no matter what situation you're in? As a fan, I'd rather my team play to win because I wouldn't want to lose on purpose to go up a couple draft picks.

Edited by Rashon125

I personally wouldnt. And neither did the Detroit Lions last year. I think it was the last game of the season when they had to play the bears and they beat them in a high scorin game and all that.

They could of lost though and had like a 3 - 13 record but I wouldnt think of doing that. :P So they were 4 - 12 I think, falling a spot behind in the draft. somethin..