Free IV Magazine #3

mvi

Issue3Cover.jpg

Hello all, the third issue of the GTAIVNews magazine is now out. In this issue we cover a number of points such as the new screenshots, who Niko Bellic is and the changing Liberty City. Additionally there are some other sections too. I will update these posts as soon as new mirrors and translations are available.

Download Links:

PDF (English):

Link 1

HTML/JPG (English):

Link 1

Additionally if you missed the second issue you can download it at

PDF:

English Polish Portuguese

HTML/JPG (English):

Link 1

I heard you LOVE criticism. I got plenty.

"take a peak" - this should be 'peek', because a 'peak' is the top of a mountain or wave.

"sun lit" should be one word

"alot" should be two words

"A take on the Brooklyn bridge" - We know it's called the Algonquin Bridge because of BOABO

"a factory next to the river, we will most probably see this in the game" - why the hell wouldn't we see it in the game? Why on Earth would they have a screenshot of it if it wasn't?

On page 2, the top right image, I don't think the police car is necessarily parked, and how do you know the house the pedestrian is walking to is "his"?

"the infamous bridge in the distance" - what is it infamous for? Famous perhaps. Sounds like you're just trying to use longer words.

"We recently polled users on their favourite LC radio station" - you don't specify whether you mean LCS or all games set in Liberty City. Also, you don't actually state the results of the poll except in a graph which is hard to interpret. First rule of pie charts is to actually sort the slices in order of magnitude, so the biggest first, then 2nd biggest next to it etc, rather than this totally random (not even alphanumeric) order. Because of this, it's really hard to tell whether LCFR or Flashback is the biggest (I think it's Flashback... not sure though). How hard would it have been to write a sentence saying "Flashback got the most votes, followed my LCFR then MSX". Not very.

"This week the wishlist is by our local user KMW1991 who I think has the honour of this issue's selected wishlist purely on the basis that he clearly has many ideas for the game"- You don't even know why he was selected? Would you have picked him even if his ideas were crap? I don't think what you say is strictly true then, is it? Also "has the honour of this issue's selected wishlist" doesn't make sense - sounds like you're giving the wishlist to him as an honour, rather than using his wishlist or whatever. You also completely fail to separate your introductory text from his actual wishlist. The "songs from many famous artists" wish is what we've had in all the recent games and what has already been confirmed for GTA IV.

"From the old we travel to the new" - PLEASE don't use kid's hymns for subheadings and highlights. Seriously.

Page 06 (as if you need double figures) is almost impossible to read. Not everyone who plays GTA is 12 with flawless eyesight you know. Most of the other pages look shit with picture backgrounds and only a shadow to separate the text, but this one is the worst by far. And it isn't as if it contributes anything, because the screenshot used was already used on another page.

The supposed "leak" from a friend of a Rockstar North employee does no service to the community. If it is a lie, by publishing it you are encouraging this kind of deception and it really is taking something away from the community. If it is the truth (however unlikely), Rockstar have shown us Niko and told us what they have for a reason, because it is good entertainment and we are supposed to believe it.

The word "hardness" is used instead of "difficulty" in the last column of the leak, and I don't think you're a chemist - some of us visit the real English Wikipedia not simple.wikipedia.org.

"Whether this is a speculation or just a fan's imagination doesn't matter" - those are the same thing... How much of a retard do you have to be to make a mistake like that? You mean "whether this is the truth or just speculation"

That paragraph ends with "...because all of us have a GTA IV idea as well and want it advertised so well that even Rockstar can see" - Is that even the end? If so its a crap ending, and there isn't even a full stop there.

"Enjoy your week, Barnaby Smith" - that is saying 'enjoy your week' to you not from you. That's just silly.

Also, throughout the entire magazine you split words when they wrap, which you should only do in Justified alignment, when the spacing spreads out to compensate for varied lengths of words. Seems like you're trying too hard to look professional when this is a really shit magazine.

I use the word "you" to refer to whoever made these mistakes, not necessarily you in particular, although most will be your fault and you really should check everything over before you publish. Ever heard of proofing? You should try it someday.

Yeah was a bit rushed this issue, unfortunately I didn't actually have time to write an article for this issue and laying the design out takes longer than you'd imagine. I agree Chris it does need some checking, I thought I'd gone through it but evidentally not. Unfortunately the guy who proof checked it for the last two issues wasn't around but as it was already late I decided to publish with what we had.

Wow..... now that was VERY bad. This is not a personal attack to anyone, but the actual magazine was bad. Whoever wrote it has a poor understanding of the GTA community and covering the games as well.

A fan made rumor is not worth publishing. Oh and if you didn't know yet, the guy actually admitted it was all made up. Might want to mention that in your next issue.

I actually understand this video more than I do this issue...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVz_v8GxhMs

Now, as far as the actual content goes, I think you need to look into making a magazine covering everything Rockstar Games. End result will either be a good magazine worth reading or something for us to laugh about.

Edited by Adriaan

Adriaan, thats a little harsh mate. It's after all not your magazine, you can't judge the way the owner of it chooses to run it. It's his choice, and I don't doubt his choices for a second, he is very intelligent.

On the note about a Rockstar Games magazine, thats already in planning at RockstarWatch.net, so nobody steal that idea, it's been in the works for some months :P.

Adriaan, thats a little harsh mate. It's after all not your magazine, you can't judge the way the owner of it chooses to run it. It's his choice, and I don't doubt his choices for a second, he is very intelligent.

On the note about a Rockstar Games magazine, thats already in planning at RockstarWatch.net, so nobody steal that idea, it's been in the works for some months :P.

Wait, are you saying that Rockstar Games are coming out with a magazine?

Edited by 2003

Wait, are you saying that Rockstar Games are coming out with a magazine?

No :P, what I am saying is RockstarWatch.net (a Rockstar Games community fan site) is coming out with a Rockstar Games magazine.

Honestly, dude, if someone would to start a magazine or website covering a video game publisher (in this case Rockstar Games) they will NOT be stealing your "idea".

And OF COURSE I can judge someone else's work. I understand why the quality went down in this issue, because Barnaby didn't write content for it. The previous ones were MUCH MUCH better than this.

If anyone is going all mad about someone else's work it's you who said many, many bad things about GTAnet in the past.

Honestly, dude, if someone would to start a magazine or website covering a video game publisher (in this case Rockstar Games) they will NOT be stealing your "idea".

Err...I know, thats why I added the ":P" smilie, it was meant to be taken as a joke.

And OF COURSE I can judge someone else's work. I understand why the quality went down in this issue, because Barnaby didn't write content for it. The previous ones were MUCH MUCH better than this.

He didn't? I thought he did.

If anyone is going all mad about someone else's work it's you who said many, many bad things about GTAnet in the past.

I don't understand that statement. Please explain?

Barnaby said he didn't have time to write for this issue. Please get your facts straight (simply just reading the topic) before posting something like that.

You obviously know what I'm talking about regarding GTAnet. We've been talking about it in recent weeks, I have transcripts of your conversations of what you had to say about the website.

Barnaby said he didn't have time to write for this issue. Please get your facts straight (simply just reading the topic) before posting something like that.

You obviously know what I'm talking about regarding GTAnet. We've been talking about it in recent weeks, I have transcripts of your conversations of what you had to say about the website.

Actually, no I don't, because your statement made no sense what so ever. However, I do know what we have been talking about on MSN, and do you mean me telling you I wouldn't have a go at them anymore? I still fail to see what GTAnet has to do with any of this.

Sorry about the Barnaby not writing it thing, I didn't read the first post.

EDIT: Nevermind, well sort this out elsewhere. Sorry to highjack the topic.

Nothing, it has NOTHING to do with this. I was only referring to you who had many negative comments about GTAnet. No, not directly to me, but in another conversation with someone else. I hate to go in this direction in topics... but I always want to explain myself... ERGH....

Now, leave it. Chris knows what you had to say about GTAnet, and he even asked you to stop it because since then you left a negative impact about THegtaplace on GTAnet. If I were Chris I would've hated you... because of how you make this great site that I used to work with look bad.

Edited by Adriaan