Speculation about the cellphone.

So as we all now we (Bellic) will have an usable cellphone on GTA IV. This is the decription the GI article has for it:

"Bellic then pulls out his cellphone which has options for Phonebook, Messages, Organizer and Camera on it's LCD screen. He selects Phonebook, and he is then presented with another set of options: City Contact, Docks Friend, and Cab Contact. After a brief conversation he informs the reciever to meet him at the docks."

Now here's a rundown on the features (the ones we know and some for speculation):

Phonebook:

This is obviously where we will have our contacts and maybe some civil services.(Police, Ambulance, Etc.)

As the article implies it says that under phonebook there are these options:

-City Contact

Self-explanatory(Sp?), some friend or employer you have in the city.

-Docks Contact

Again, some friend or employer you have on the docks.

-Cab Contact

This one maybe Roman, because the article says he has a taxi depot or maybe an option to call a taxi for a ride.

These are the other options:

It's obvious this is where we will get some messages like:

"Great job, head over to my office for your payment."

or

"There is this new guy who hasn't been paying his debts, pay him a little visit."

and finally there's the last option:

Organizer:

Maybe here is where we will have objectives for the mission we are doing, or maybe it reminds you of people that you have already called that want to give you missions.

Update #1: I forgot this option:

Camera

Guess, its a camera and we will be able to take pictures (no sh*t), maybe zoom on them, maybe even edit the picture like putting it on negative and putting it on black and white, another feature could be videos, nothing much like one or two minutes of video and you can save it and send it to your friends online.

wat do u guyz have to say about this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this post was mad on gtaforums by xNewtype Acex.I take no credit for it

no in VC you had a cell phone. it was a crappy block one though. I just read some guy in the late 1800s predicting that cars would go 20 miles for every gallon they contain, trains will go 4 miles per minute, "air-ships" will fly us to far destinations, sunbways will be a big part of a working mans life, and that there would be many new inventions of interactive voice telegraphs (telephones) and wireless voice telegraphs. wow. hes really really smart.

Donno about the copz!!!(mostly they are waiting to kick ur butt)...butt yaa i was thinking about the abulance !!!

Also maybe if ur to bored to go out for lunch maybe u can order food at home too!!!

And yaa!! this type of cellphone does fit in wid the idea of a laptop!!(uploading photos of rival gangs!!,or security systems and stuff to ur gang members!!) :coolthumbup:

Well all I can say is that one cellphone is enough... Anyway man, that girlfriend thing, I didn't think it was going to happen, but yeah, looks like it's going to happen now. Well what can I say, it was pretty damn fun in GTA San Andreas, hehe well maybe a little bit frustrating at sometimes but it was OK I guess. The important is still of course, that you can pick up hookers in the middle of the night :P

• 1 month later...

Maybe you can only/mostly do missions by the phone and not seeing the guy who gives you the mission and when u complete it you gotta send a mssg with perhaps target assassinated and a pic or something and send him that, then he sends u a mssg where to find the money :P

And what about the costs of sending mssgs and calling, do you think u got to buy prepaid cards and stuff? ^_^

Try not to post on old topics such as this month old one. But it's kinda good you brought it back, I never saw it. I can't wait for the cellphone in GTA IV, it sounds so interactive and fun to use. Text messages could be good where you would have preset ones like "I need back up, help now!" to gang members and all you would have to do is select it and send it. Phoning civil services would be awesome too, you could get help by ambulances, rides by taxi cabs, pizza by the delivery guy, etc. :P The camera on the phone also sounds great because you'll have it with you all the time and taking pictures and possibly videos would be awesome. Because you could look/watch them again and show them off on XBL or the PS3 internet thingy.

Nice, I've never seen so much variety before when it comes to using cellphones in a videogame. Maybe if R* would have considered getting a license from Nokia and use the Finnish communications firm's high-end models, like the Nokia N95 or the N93i (pictures below), that would be better, since Nokia phones were featured in so many music videos, why not in GTA 4?

nokia_n95_cep_telefonu.jpg

Nokia N95

122484.jpg

Nokia N93i

Well they could make some money that way if a phone company payed them or the other way around and the phone company would get more publicity but then again GTA IV is a "bad image" for kids so I'm not sure all companies would take a risk of being viewed as promoters of violence. Plus R* could just save some money and make fun of a phone company, make it all high tech and stuff and everyone is happy in the end. :P

has anyone played saints row? maybe the cellphone would be like that+the cellphone on scarface:the game! that'll be cool!

on the other hand, maybe this would be some crappy feature which doesn't change so much things

but i believe in rockstar games! i think this feature will be one of the coolest! :yup:

I have played a Saint's Row demo but it never got to the cellphone part. I have watched my friend play Scarface though and the cellphone options in there were awesome. Like your servants bringing you one of your cars/boat is just awesome. I hope something like this is incorporated into the GTA IV cell.