skate.

GTAPlayer

So, is anyone here excited about the upcoming game Skate, developed by EA. Currently release date is TBA this year and it's coming both on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 system. So is anyone excited? I'm certainly am, looks like it's going to be a great skate game, well at least I hope. I'm also a little bit of a fan when it comes to the THPS-series, but it hasn't really been that good lately, THPS 2, 3 and 4 were maybe the only ones I truly enjoyed. So finally it looks like the THPS-series is getting some real competition you know.

Here is some neat info about Skate:

SKATE's unique control scheme captures the true feel of skating versus the typical button mashing gameplay of past skating games. Featuring physics-driven animations, gamers will have a unique gaming experience every time they pick up the controller since no two tricks will ever be the same.

"Our game offers a skate mecca for both skaters and gamers in search of the definitive authentic skating video game experience," said Scott Blackwood, executive producer, EA Black Box. "We're focused on capturing the actual feeling of skating with the innovative control system, the physics driven animations, the intelligent cameras working together to really deliver the closest thing to being on a board."

post-9284-1177153433_thumb.jpgpost-9284-1177153456_thumb.jpg

post-9284-1177153446_thumb.jpgpost-9284-1177153632_thumb.jpg

Yeah man, it's really up to EA now, it certainly looks amazing but the question is, will the gameplay and all be as good as the graphics? Well I certainly hope so, it seems like it has potential and could really give the THPS-series some real competition, so EA better not screw up you know. Now I'm really looking forward to the release date of this game.

Well, what made the THPS-series so good was that it was a little bit unrealistic, know what I'm saying. Realistic is not always a better option you know. Now Skate seems damn realistic and wants to go that way, and I hope it's still going to be enjoyable and all, I really have high expectations on this game you know, really looking forward to play it.

It got to seem like they just didn't care on THUG2 and up. They wanted sales, more than wanting to please their regulars (The ones that play online tons and tons) and yeah.. if anyone ever wants to play online (Ps2) just tell me. Have them all except THUG2.

And yeah, unrealistic added to it. It made it... kick ass. From skating a cruise ship, to a major city, or even a town fair.. it was great. Now that you mention it, realistic? (Note I can't watch these vids at the moment) is it like.. real skating? No really crazy stuff like THPS? And what's endophrin?

I think he's talking about this stuff you know --> endorphin. Yeah man, did you read the info Scott Blackwood (executive producer) was talking about?

"Our game offers a skate mecca for both skaters and gamers in search of the definitive authentic skating video game experience," said Scott Blackwood, executive producer, EA Black Box. "We're focused on capturing the actual feeling of skating with the innovative control system, the physics driven animations, the intelligent cameras working together to really deliver the closest thing to being on a board."

So it seems like the point is to make it as realistic as possible you know. Oh yeah, judging by the trailers it certainly seems very realistic you know, and no crazy THPS-stuff or something like that, Skate is nothing like THPS. So perhaps this is really going to be the closest thing on a board you know.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Only the screen shots look good. The graphics in the trailer looks like shit and the gameplay looks horrible. The physics look like they're from the Game 2.0 generation. I think EA should just leave the skating games to Tony Hawk and Neversoft.

Nuh, man. The more skating games the better, i lobe the feeling of being able to do a 360 ollie in my living room.

Yeah man, I'm glad Skate is coming, the THPS-series has like been the king and I think it's about time the THPS-series gets some real competition you know, and that will only make the Neversoft team work harder. But of course, Skate and THPS are both two different skate games, Skate tries to be as realistic as possible while THPS tries to be both realistic and unrealistic in a good way, so I'm just glad we're having more to choose from on the gaming shelves. Still we have no release date, only that it's coming this year. I have high expectations on this game, and I'm really looking forward doing a 360 flip in Skate you know.

Yeah man, I'm glad Skate is coming, the THPS-series has like been the king and I think it's about time the THPS-series gets some real competition you know, and that will only make the Neversoft team work harder. But of course, Skate and THPS are both two different skate games, Skate tries to be as realistic as possible while THPS tries to be both realistic and unrealistic in a good way, so I'm just glad we're having more to choose from on the gaming shelves. Still we have no release date, only that it's coming this year. I have high expectations on this game, and I'm really looking forward doing a 360 flip in Skate you know.

Skate doesn't look realistic. The physics look shotty.

In your opinion, yeah man, but IMO it looks pretty damn realistic you know. Althought I think the graphics needs a little bit of a tuning you know, just a little, still it's pretty damn amazing. And all I can say about the physics in the game, seems great man, thumbs up.

In your opinion, yeah man, but IMO it looks pretty damn realistic you know. Althought I think the graphics needs a little bit of a tuning you know, just a little, still it's pretty damn amazing. And all I can say about the physics in the game, seems great man, thumbs up.

Look at them when they do a grind, they look stiff. When people grind, they try to keep their balance and they don't do it by staying stiff as soon as they get on the rail or what ever it is they're grinding on.

Alright man, but you gotta keep in mind that this game is still under development you know, and a lot of good things can happen, know what I'm saying. And all I can say man, Skate is far the most realistic game I've ever seen, I'm really hoping this one to deliver something you know. And stiff... I can't really say I agree you know, it may not be perfect, but damn, I haven't asked for anything perfect, but this is the most realistic skating game I've ever seen so far, and their job is to make it realistic and to capture the true feel of skating. You gotta think the full pictures, know what I'm saying, you gotta see the whole view of this.

Alright man, but you gotta keep in mind that this game is still under development you know, and a lot of good things can happen, know what I'm saying. And all I can say man, Skate is far the most realistic game I've ever seen, I'm really hoping this one to deliver something you know. And stiff... I can't really say I agree you know, it may not be perfect, but damn, I haven't asked for anything perfect, but this is the most realistic skating game I've ever seen so far, and their job is to make it realistic and to capture the true feel of skating. You gotta think the full pictures, know what I'm saying, you gotta see the whole view of this.

I know, but THP8 was more realistic than this. The physics looked a lot better and didn't have the skater turn stiff when doing a trick.

Now I'm only gonna tell you once, stop fckn messing with me, alright? I have had enough about you quoting my "you know" and all, I'm typing the fckn way I want, and you type the way you want, it's just ridiculous man, so stop doing it, good.

I haven't played much Tony Hawk's Project 8 but I'll get the game someday and compare it to Skate, and yeah still, Skate is far the most realistic game I've seen, period. The THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, that's Skate's job, know what I'm saying, so keep that in mind. Still I don't agree with you.

Now I'm only gonna tell you once, stop fckn messing with me, alright? I have had enough about you quoting my "you know" and all, I'm typing the fckn way I want, and you type the way you want, it's just ridiculous man, so stop doing it, good.

I haven't played much Tony Hawk's Project 8 but I'll get the game someday and compare it to Skate, and yeah still, Skate is far the most realistic game I've seen, period. The THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, that's Skate's job, know what I'm saying, so keep that in mind. Still I don't agree with you.

When did I say that you couldn't post the way you wanted to? You can't take a joke? I did that twice to you. Is it that time of the month or something?(again, joking)

Well I don't know where you're getting this information that the Tony Hawk series never went for being realistic nor do I know where you got the information saying that EA is attempting to make it as realistic as possible. I think that's just your simple opinion just like my opinion is that the physics and graphics look like they're from Game 2.0. I'm at least backing up my opinion with things you could clearly see in the videos. "You know?"

This loks col. I think it might be pit to the post by the people like me who practically grew up with classic games, like Tony hawks. And you gotta ask whether this game will have the liscences for ofiicial, pro skaters, which is another big seller for Tony. I mean, it's brushed off the competition like it was nothin so far, and i think EA are trying to muzzle in on their success. It's gonna flop IMO, and Good ol' tony will stand stronger, and older, that ever...

OGTAM, it's all part of GTAlayer's character, y'know? Just drop it, and ignore. Hell, if it bugs you so much make a flame topic, where people can tell you how unnecessary it is there. OK?

This loks col. I think it might be pit to the post by the people like me who practically grew up with classic games, like Tony hawks. And you gotta ask whether this game will have the liscences for ofiicial, pro skaters, which is another big seller for Tony. I mean, it's brushed off the competition like it was nothin so far, and i think EA are trying to muzzle in on their success. It's gonna flop IMO, and Good ol' tony will stand stronger, and older, that ever...

OGTAM, it's all part of GTAlayer's character, y'know? Just drop it, and ignore. Hell, if it bugs you so much make a flame topic, where people can tell you how unnecessary it is there. OK?

Did you not read my post? I said I was joking. MAN, no one could take a joke on this forum. There might be some cheap sense of humors here. Good luck. :thumbsup:

I didn't catch anyone familiar in that trailer who could have been a pro...so I'm not sure if they do have any pro skaters.

Edited by Original GTA Master