skate.

GTAPlayer

Now I'm only gonna tell you once, stop fckn messing with me, alright? I have had enough about you quoting my "you know" and all, I'm typing the fckn way I want, and you type the way you want, it's just ridiculous man, so stop doing it, good.

I haven't played much Tony Hawk's Project 8 but I'll get the game someday and compare it to Skate, and yeah still, Skate is far the most realistic game I've seen, period. The THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, that's Skate's job, know what I'm saying, so keep that in mind. Still I don't agree with you.

When did I say that you couldn't post the way you wanted to? You can't take a joke? I did that twice to you. Is it that time of the month or something?(again, joking)

Well I don't know where you're getting this information that the Tony Hawk series never went for being realistic nor do I know where you got the information saying that EA is attempting to make it as realistic as possible. I think that's just your simple opinion just like my opinion is that the physics and graphics look like they're from Game 2.0. I'm at least backing up my opinion with things you could clearly see in the videos. "You know?"

Yeah man, I can take jokes, but I had enough, so I'm asking you to stop doing this again, alright man? I don't say anything about your typing or something like that, right, so you should do the same, are we clear? Good.

And I never said that the THPS-series never went for being realistic, look at my other post again, I said that the THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, know what I'm saying. The THPS-series is of course realistic in some ways, but it's also a bit unrealistic you know. I once read in a gaming magazine that the THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, it's more about the fun and all. And about Skate being as realistic as possible, come on man, just watch the damn trailer, but of course you complain that they look stiff and all, sure man, you have your opinion and I have mine. Did you ever read what Scott Blackwood said, the executive producer?

"Our game offers a skate mecca for both skaters and gamers in search of the definitive authentic skating video game experience," said Scott Blackwood, executive producer, EA Black Box. "We're focused on capturing the actual feeling of skating with the innovative control system, the physics driven animations, the intelligent cameras working together to really deliver the closest thing to being on a board."

Man, they're trying to make it the closest thing on a board and perhaps it's going to be the closest thing on a board you know, so of course they want it realistic.

And yeah man, there's going to be some pro skaters in Skate, like Danny Way, Mike Carroll, Paul Rodriguez, Jerry Hsu, and Chris Cole.

Yeah man, I can take jokes, but I had enough, so I'm asking you to stop doing this again, alright man? I don't say anything about your typing or something like that, right, so you should do the same, are we clear? Good.

And I never said that the THPS-series never went for being realistic, look at my other post again, I said that the THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, know what I'm saying. The THPS-series is of course realistic in some ways, but it's also a bit unrealistic you know. I once read in a gaming magazine that the THPS-series is not trying to be as realistic as possible, it's more about the fun and all. And about Skate being as realistic as possible, come on man, just watch the damn trailer, but of course you complain that they look stiff and all, sure man, you have your opinion and I have mine. Did you ever read what Scott Blackwood said, the executive producer?

"Our game offers a skate mecca for both skaters and gamers in search of the definitive authentic skating video game experience," said Scott Blackwood, executive producer, EA Black Box. "We're focused on capturing the actual feeling of skating with the innovative control system, the physics driven animations, the intelligent cameras working together to really deliver the closest thing to being on a board."

Man, they're trying to make it the closest thing on a board and perhaps it's going to be the closest thing on a board you know, so of course they want it realistic.

And yeah man, there's going to be some pro skaters in Skate, like Danny Way, Mike Carroll, Paul Rodriguez, Jerry Hsu, and Chris Cole.

Well after joking about it twice...and you getting pissed off about it, then I'd assume you couldn't take a joke. But if it bothers you that much, I'll stop.

Of course the executive producer would say something like that, he wants to sell the game. I don't think he'd say "Well we tried really hard...so buy it."

Alright man, great, that's what I was hoping to hear.

After read the interview with one of the game producers, watching a video with one of the game producers, what Scott Blackwood mentioned, after watching the nice gameplay trailers and the remarkable screenshots and all, I'd say it is pretty damn much going for as realistic as possible, to catch the actual feel of skateboarding, know what I'm saying. So no more crazy combos as in the THPS-series. Of course, we'll see how good this performs on a video game, but I sure hope it's going to be a unique experience. And I'm just glad more skating games are showing up, the THPS-series is great but having something else on the gaming shelves that is way more realistic is great man.

Edit: I think I forgot to tell everyone that Skate is going to have online play, so I'm looking forward playing it online on the PS3 someday.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Alright man, great, that's what I was hoping to hear.

After read the interview with one of the game producers, watching a video with one of the game producers, what Scott Blackwood mentioned, after watching the nice gameplay trailers and the remarkable screenshots and all, I'd say it is pretty damn much going for as realistic as possible, to catch the actual feel of skateboarding, know what I'm saying. So no more crazy combos as in the THPS-series. Of course, we'll see how good this performs on a video game, but I sure hope it's going to be a unique experience. And I'm just glad more skating games are showing up, the THPS-series is great but having something else on the gaming shelves that is way more realistic is great man.

Edit: I think I forgot to tell everyone that Skate is going to have online play, so I'm looking forward playing it online on the PS3 someday.

Ok, now the online thing makes me happy because THP8 didn't have online play. I'm not quite sure what you think they'll do to prevent players from getting huge combos...it's just how the game works. If you're good at it you could get good combos.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump a semi-old topic, but I didn't feel like making a new topic nor did I find it necessary,

I bought SKATE for the PS3 last Saturday and I've been going up the ranks every since. The first day I was ranked in the high two thousand some and now I'm around 700. Over all, I think the game is good, but I hate the fact that you can't get off your board to get to any good spots, that you can't save as many clips and photos as your hard drive could hold and that the online lags along with a few other little things.

Did anyone else buy it for the PS3?