GDT version 1.0

Sherman

So my parents just bought a new Merc. Should be ready by October, I'll take pics and upload 'em as soon as it's delivered.

It's a E class. Top 240 KM/H and has a V6 giving it 204 Brake Horse Power. It's a pretty discrete car actually and very comfortable.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

150 MPH, (1 Km = 5/8 Mile).

That's still pretty respectable. Mercedes got game.

In Europe, they have a 3.0 diesel that makes tons of power. In a Chrysler 300 body (big Mercedes chassis) , they're only 1

second behind the new Hemi in the guarter mile. Too bad they dumped Chrysler, those would have been good over here.

Full size room, V-8 power & Diesel MPG.

Sounds like Jace's family made a nice score.

If we're thinking the same 3.0 diesel, I think Chrysler is going to be using it. Before the split up, Chrysler and Benz made an agreement that they would share the engines and transmissions still.

Thus, the 3.0 CRD might make it in to vehicles like the Jeep Wrangler.

That's 156 MP/h according to Top Gear magazine. It goes a about 245 KM/h. And Mercedes limits most of there cars to 250, so it it's not that much slower.

No pics at the moment cause I don't have it yet. I'll try searching for the same model in a sec though.

BTW, can someone explain what this DaimlerChrysler Mercedes-Benz is? What's the mother company?

Daimler-Benz WAS the parent. They just dumped Chrysler to some Canadian financial group.

I think DB should have stuck it out a little longer, but it was their money.

DB blame Chrysler, Chrysler blame DB. Here's a link related to it -

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/business/story.asp?ID=189686

And staff from Benz and Chrysler could have ended up in a shootout because of this feud...

bump.

For Urban: Grandma's doing the fender, actually. I guess it's up to me for the valence. I plan on a nice spring/shock/strut package, or maybe go for something that works with stock struts. High quality, though, no ebay crap. Then a set of 15's or 16's (Havn't decided) tint. I/H/E. Maybe some audio, or atleast a CD player. Might try for a black interior, or do a black and blue combo (It's blue ATM) if I don't feel like messing with the dash, which I probably won't. Just depends on what all I can find.

And a debadging / extreme clean. My grandma hauls people for her job, and they're usually smokers, egh. It has 180K on it, but not beat to death. I'll probably save and try to get an h22 (complete) swap just to have for when something goes really wrong.

Yep, still works good. There's some thing with the fan that it stays on for a minute after you cut it off, I'm gonna have to do that. Speedometer is getting fixed, too. I'll probably have those tires worn out really easy when I start driving it alone, though. They're cheaps one, meh. But it really didn't need expensive ones anyway.

And no, not really, dunno where you got that from :P

'90 means you can ditch the catalytic converter, sure you don't want to commit a little surgery on the exhaust? A cold air

Kit should be easy to find for it, probably cheap. Both will give a little more power & help MPG.

Gotta go, later.

Gotta go to work, work all night, work all night finding underwear!

Gotta go to work, work all night..........

Yeah, doing Intake/ Headers / Exhuast, haha. If I run catless, wouldn't that make it buzzy sounding? ): I hate that sound. Hopefully I can outrun my buddy's '98 4 cylinder accord xD

And probably take out the A/C in the winter for weight issues. I could still run heat without it, right? Or maybe not?

Okay, so I'll stick around for a couple minutes..

Leave the AC, your defroster needs it. If you decide to sell it later, working R-12 AC makes it worth a lot more. For street

use it's only about 100 pounds & that isn't that much. If you want to reduce engine drag, just remove the belt.

Cut between the cat & the head pipe & rune tubing the next size bigger back to the muffler. Find a muffler for something w/

a 2.5 to 3.5 V6 (single exhaust system) & run your tailpipe. I'm thinking parts for a V6 Camry will do it for you. As long as

you use brackets in the right place, you shouldn't have rattling.

Grandma would be pleased that the car is still quiet & cool. (Trust me on that one.)

Later on, get a couple pics under the hood.

Yeah, it's just that could be ~200 pounds if I ever want to go race. (Including seat removals and spare / jack removal) Meh. It's not a race car anyway, hah.

I was thinking a 2.25' system. From Remus or something highquality. Or maybe just some mendel bent and a nice quality muffler. I doubt she'll like it either way I go with doing anything, haha. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just the wheel, yeah a little. Your best plan for light wheels is a stamped steel wheel, the most strength for the mass.

I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you're going after the last 1/1000 of a second on your times. If it's a daily driver

you want something that could take the occasional curb. On your tires, you want a little bit of sidewall.

The 2 1/4 pipe should let your car breath nicely & you could use an aftermarket turbo muffler. Grandma will never know. :innocent:

Didn't mean to gaff you off, but if it doesn't show up under new posts, sometimes I'll miss it.

200 pounds sounds a little heavy for the AC, I think my '72 Galaxie it's around 80. Your Honda is probably closer to 50 (if

that).

Yeah, it's just that could be ~200 pounds if I ever want to go race. (Including seat removals and spare / jack removal)

Add that stuff to it. It's up to 160 pounds, hah. Accord forums ftw, the whole system (Lines, compressor, brackets) is 84lbs. And yeah, I plan on running 15s or 16s (Matching tire sizes up somehow, I'd like to keep it 15s, but I can't stand complete bulk of tire.)

I like these:

6.jpg

16's on a 205/50 tire.