GDT version 1.0

Sherman

2 days ago, for the first time in my life I drove a car. Went up to 100 KM/h (60MPH) but then thought it'd be better to slow down.

Didn't do anything fancy though, just a straight track to get the hang of driving. Bare in mind that I'm just 14, so still 4 years of of legal age.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

'84 Porsche 944, 45K on the chassis, 85K on the ('87) engine / tranny, recent repaint and body work, needs tires apparently. $3000

'99 Civic, GSR engine and tranny swap, don't know anything about it yet, $3000

Opinions? I'm thinking the Civic is gonna be beat to shit. And the Porsche, hard for maintenance, but not so beat on.

'84 Porsche 944, 45K on the chassis, 85K on the ('87) engine / tranny, recent repaint and body work, needs tires apparently. $3000

'99 Civic, GSR engine and tranny swap, don't know anything about it yet, $3000

Opinions? I'm thinking the Civic is gonna be beat to shit. And the Porsche, hard for maintenance, but not so beat on.

Actually seen a few of these floating around.... A couple in my viallge at least, i assume it's not the turbo...? Lol the guy who is looking to sell me has moss growing out of his tires.... :D

Tires shouldn't be too bad, depends what it takes really.

It appears to me they're both scams. The Civic, anyway. The Porsche owner, I'm not sure. He answered my email oddly, and I think the ad says West Charlotte - which is too far away.

And now dad's told me the Prelude is actually getting fixed this time. As in, "They'll call me when it's ready." Stupid way to do it, imo, but I guess he's gonna do how he wants.

At least yours sounds willing to let you drive, mine was a total tool.

"YOU'RE GOING TO SAVE YOUR MONEY (what money? I was supposed to spend all my time w/ schoolwork & no job) AND

YOU'RE GOING TO GET GOOD GRADES (do I have to say any more?) AND YOU'RE GOING TO COLLEGE!!!

Yeah, finally tried that when I was around 30. Then the school got caught scamming the government, the IRS got involved

& the school got seized & shut down. I ended up in a crappy factory job, got hurt & here I am!

The moral of the story is this - Get some dependable wheels, show a little responsibility when you drive & get a part time

job running pizza or something. The experience you gain is immeasurable.

I used to get tips just for driving the 'Stang, think of what a Porsche will rake in.

Maybe even enough to cover the insurance. :rofl2:

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Double post, whatever.

'00 Cavalier, automatic, for around $2500.

'00 Mitsubishi Mirage, 5 speed, $2300

Older model sentra, the ones before the '04 style, for $2500

Notice a pattern? Haha. No idea on mileage, but do you think this is a reasonable price for these cars.. without having 180K miles on them? Just looked on the outside, really. All of them looked fine, no rust. Didn't look for mismatched paint, two are silver, which would be hard to tell. Cavy is red, which would probably be easier.

Yeah, the Mitsu and Nissan were at this kind of weird dealership, I dunno if it'd be worth test driving and stuff. The Cavy was at a decent one, though. Along with a newer Z34 (Monte Carlo) 91K miles for 2.6K or something.

btw, is waxing hard? I'm gonna take the Camaro over to my grandpa's one day and ask if he'll help me wash / teach me how to wax it.

Daniel-son, WAX ON!! (Karate Kid)

Pretty easy, just physical work. I think you can get an orbital polisher for around $30-40 at WalMart. Just don't press down

too hard on edges & ridges so you don't go through the paint.

I'm a ford guy (as you well know) but that Z34 sounds worth a look.

Well, I think I'd rather do it by hand for now, learn machine later or something. The paint is old as it is, don't want to mess up and make it worse. And wouldn't the Z34 be considered a sports car though? Even though it wouldn't really be fast. 3300 lb curb with like 200 hp / tq

I think the Z34 is a fair fight for my 'Stang. Insurance companies may use the excuse of the "Z34" name to jack your rates.

What happened w/ Grandma's Civic?

The Accord? She wants to keep it now, and help me get something decent. Going to Moorseville sometime to look at cars with Marie. Maybe find something down there, want something slightly sporty, but not gonna kill myself in.

AAARGHH!!! FLAMMIN' CRAP ON A POGO STICK!!

My rocket scientist of an ex just had her van bomb out on her, because of not taking care of most likely. The best part is

that she HAD a good car, a '96 Lincoln Towncar in mint condition. She calls me one day to tell me she's going to be late when

she drops off my kid. Because she got "front ended".

?!?!?!

FRONT ended? in other words, she was driving around yakking on a cell phone & not paying attention when she hit someone.

The insurance company looked at the age of the car & just wanted to total it. I told her to keep the car, I could fix it for a lot

less than the insurance check. It was in perfect condition w/ less than 70K miles on it before the wreck.

But NOOOOOO! I'm an idiot & the insurance guy says they should just junk the car.

So she bends over for the insurance company & winds up w/ a crapwagon van that's falling apart.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life apologizing to my kids for her.