left over money

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well, we should have to buy cars in GTAIV, instead of having to jack them. That would be a great to have to pay for cars like a Cheetah or Infernos.

gta means grand theft auto. grand theft auto means stealing cars.

the only reason you should be able to buy cars is if you are buying them illegally. like in the import/export. i think they should just make it impossible to get that much money until you are rich. or at least make it much much much harder. no money cheat either. vice city style. and we are lucky about the money deal in san andreas. so dont complain about nothing to buy. remember in gta3? all you can buy is spray jobs for your car and weapons! and you got rediculouse amounts of money! you get way overpaid for your jobs. and you get money for crashing into a car! in real life they wud sue you and take away money!

Also you can play the stock market because hey its almost Ney York!

Last you could place bets on sports games that the next day the results will come on the radio.

I like those ideas. Maybe a nba street sim that you can bet on.

then having the stock market sim like the scrolling LED sign seen in the trailer. Put money into what you think will be huge (episodic content)

Yeh, I mean they hade side missions (taxi, firefighter etc) so you could earn extra money but they were just so pointless besides getting the extras. They should have it so after you've completed the game you still need to do other missions to get more money.

And about the car idea, it was good in VCS because you could get bulletproof cars or very rare cars or only ones you could buy from that area.

They need to bring back the Hellebanch GT from LCS.

What if your ultimate goal is to earn 100 or 1000 million dollars?Kind of like a ultimate goal...So you can buy invincibility/no cops on your tail or something like that...

1000 million would be a billion. and in san andreas i thot it wasnt possible to get max money. cuz i earned so much money once and i saw another digit was added to the money chart. i guess it ends some time.

Aslong as it isn't like GTA3, where there was stuff all to buy, I'm down with more things to buy.:)

While we're on this subject, I hope the money for missions increases.

I hated how in SA the first dozen or so missions only paid you respect, and $500 everynow and then.

It's kind of funny how in Scarface $100,000 seems like pocket money, since you could buy stuff in the millions.

Or Buy Fireproof, Bullet Proof, Explosion Proof, Damage Proof Vehicles.

Infinite Health, Armour, Sprint, Weaponry

Buying infinite health would be impossible in reality. :P

The more money, the better. I'm not saying that there should be more things to spend money on but didn't San Andreas cover that already even though most of the things you could buy were cheap?

Something tells me that you won't get the luxury of lots of left-over cash in GTAIV. They said it themselves, it will be a real struggle getting anywhere in the game, in terms of power. And power=money in NYC. What money you do manage to scrape together (I have a feeling the cash system is going to be realistic for once), you might buy some property or guns etc etc, but I don't think you'll have 35mil in your pocket like you did in SA.

As for the idea of upgrading your house - i like it. sort of like oblivion, but more in-depth. Although I can't picture shopping for curtains and stuff lol, they need to be careful if they include it in the game.

Also, property in NYC in real life is stupidly expensive, I hope it's realistic in the game in that respect.

Edited by Alistair

What if they put the money limit at 1 million dollars?...Remember this isn`t a rag-to-riches game...You don`t need much money in GTA...

$1 Million? Uh, no. Even though you really don't need lots of money in GTA, some things are really expensive and add up when you buy a lot of that thing.

no i think that being able to buy to many things will make gta less gta not the game where you run around and try cool stuff but just a game where you buy and buy and buy. what fun is there when you have bodyguards and you end up owning all the things in the game then you are just like a king that can do what he wants. so buying to many things is bad

I pretty much agree you know, R* has be careful on that level, having too many options when buying stuff is not always the best you know, and we're talking about GTA, not The Sims. You know, stealing is like a part of the game, one of the biggest and most important factors in GTA, and being able to buy cars from companies and all wouldn't fit really well IMO. I mean, money in GTA, IMO, should pretty much come in use when you do the missions, or eating like in previous GTAs and so on.