left over money

Aslong as it isn't like GTA3, where there was stuff all to buy, I'm down with more things to buy.:)

While we're on this subject, I hope the money for missions increases.

I hated how in SA the first dozen or so missions only paid you respect, and $500 everynow and then.

It's kind of funny how in Scarface $100,000 seems like pocket money, since you could buy stuff in the millions.

thats because its your family! your not working for them so they wont pay you.

i still think they shoud put a limit on the money. like it starts out at a thousand. and as you move on in the game, another digit is added to 10,000 and then 100,000 and then 1,000,000 and then it stops at 10,000,000 because we really wouldnt need more money and it would be unrealistic

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aslong as it isn't like GTA3, where there was stuff all to buy, I'm down with more things to buy.:)

I hated how in SA the first dozen or so missions only paid you respect, and $500 everynow and then.

It's kind of funny how in Scarface $100,000 seems like pocket money, since you could buy stuff in the millions.

i still think they shoud put a limit on the money. like it starts out at a thousand. and as you move on in the game, another digit is added to 10,000 and then 100,000 and then 1,000,000 and then it stops at 10,000,000 because we really wouldnt need more money and it would be unrealistic

No, no, and no. What if you start the game and make loads of money from side missions, what's the sense of starting with a money limit as low as $1,000. I mean what's the big deal with so much money even though you might not spend much of it from time to time? Screw realism, GTA IV looks like it'll gain some realism but who says it's going to be 100% realistic. No game is like that. Just stick with the old limit of money.

No, no, and no. What if you start the game and make loads of money from side missions, what's the sense of starting with a money limit as low as $1,000. I mean what's the big deal with so much money even though you might not spend much of it from time to time? Screw realism, GTA IV looks like it'll gain some realism but who says it's going to be 100% realistic. No game is like that. Just stick with the old limit of money.

well ok im not saying money limits. my bad. im sayin it shuld be practically impossible to get that much money untill a certain point. and wtf u talkin bout? the money system NEEDS to change! it was crap in the other ones! go play final fantasi!

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

well ok im not saying money limits. my bad. im sayin it shuld be practically impossible to get that much money untill a certain point. and wtf u talkin bout? the money system NEEDS to change! it was crap in the other ones! go play final fantasi!

The money system is simple. In GTA III, you could even gain over $1 Billion and in Vice City to Vice City Stories, you can get $999,999,999. The only thing about it for some is that you gain too much money. Does it really matter? Just don't mind it. The more money, the better for me.

And pedestrians don't drop money when they die, you need to search it from their pockets so it would make getting money bit harder.

I'm sorry but that sounds like the peak of gayness. They have a little level where you see the insides of there pockets and you need to use a mini torch and search through the depths of their pockets and then glory at last! 25 DOLLARS!

Never change that man, never change a concept that already works unless you're sure you can do it better. Searching in every damn pockets sounds a little bit frustrating and I am pretty damn sure it's not going to happen. I just want to have it like it was before, that keeps the GTA feel and everything. But yeah man, they could improve some stuff, I'd like if you could rob pedestrians on the streets, you just point a gun at them and they give you the money or something, but remember, someday you could point a gun towards someone very dangerous and all.

Never change that man, never change a concept that already works unless you're sure you can do it better. Searching in every damn pockets sounds a little bit frustrating and I am pretty damn sure it's not going to happen. I just want to have it like it was before, that keeps the GTA feel and everything. But yeah man, they could improve some stuff, I'd like if you could rob pedestrians on the streets, you just point a gun at them and they give you the money or something, but remember, someday you could point a gun towards someone very dangerous and all.

I agree with you on that, why did they get rid of that option (robbing shops) after vice?

Like you could rob a shop and there would be cop cars everywhere outside. Fun fun fun

Off-Topic: GTAPlayer you say 'man' alot I just noticed.

DeATH, I agree with you on this one. You just press a button, the character himself crouches, searches like in the guy's wallet and takes the cash, real quick, just a nice little touch of realism. Spinning bundles of dollars that add upto $30 isn't really doing it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Havent read entire thread so it may of been mentioned, but from memory i think the most expensive place you could by in SA was $100 000. If real estate was more realistically priced say 5mil for a mansion rather than $100 000 your money would be put to better use, i mean at first itd be a challenge to come up with the money but you would actually feel like u deserve the mansion once u save the 5mil and buy it.

$5,000,000 is just outrageous if there's nothing in GTA IV to gain large amounts of money at one time.

yes but u guys are talking about having $9999999 saved up and nothing to do with it, i think if there is real estate in GTAIV and u do get a substantial income i dont think upping the price of real estate would be such a bad idea.