Another IV reference in VCS: eCola

I was playing VCS today and I seen a eCola machine at the mall. An eCola ad can be found in the IV trailer. This marks the second known IV reference in VCS. The other one was Me-TV. Kinda makes you wonder what else did Rockstar put in VCS thats going to be in IV.

ecola1.jpg

ecola2.jpg

ecola3.jpg

ecolaIV.jpg

Source:My post at RockstarWatch (Currently in closed beta)

You know that unused news channel on LCS with the slogan "Yesterday's news today"? That same slogan is on the Liberty Tree sign in that same scene.

its not very much of a reference, more of just a continual brand like any other brand that is in two gta games, i dont have an example because my brain is breaded and fried right now.

Sprunk perhaps?

Well yeah there are a lot of things that appear in one GTA game along with another, but this one seems to only be in VCS and appears to also be in the up and coming GTAIV game. So maybe Rockstar added a few things that could be found in the new Liberty City that they put in VCS and possibly LCS as Anonymous. A.K.A. Spaz The Great pointed out.

You know that unused news channel on LCS with the slogan "Yesterday's news today"? That same slogan is on the Liberty Tree sign in that same scene.
its not very much of a reference, more of just a continual brand like any other brand that is in two gta games, i dont have an example because my brain is breaded and fried right now.

Sprunk perhaps?

haha i was actually going to say that but i didnt think it was in any other games besides gta4.

Yeah great find. Also the shark sorta looks like the one out of Vice City. Must all be coming together in GTA IV.

What shark? I don't recall seeing a shark.

Yeah! What f***in shark?

There was a METAL shark behind the film studios in either the water or on land. I forget where, but it does exist.

Yeah great find. Also the shark sorta looks like the one out of Vice City. Must all be coming together in GTA IV.

Yeah! What f***in shark?

There was a METAL shark behind the film studios in either the water or on land. I forget where, but it does exist.

Nevermind I didn't see it in the trailer.

And Tilly, Sprunk is advertised in that very screen cap from the trailer >.O

Yeah! What f***in shark?

Nevermind I didn't see it in the trailer.

And Tilly, Sprunk is advertised in that very screen cap from the trailer >.O

How did you not see the giant shark in the trailer?

sharkzf7.jpg

Heh, yeah I agree commercials would be great for America's Next Top Hooker (kinda reminds me of Borat;maybe his sister will win 4th place!:P). Hollywood spoofs are always great and now they will be better since it's modern time. Anyways, I was also going to say Sprunk but most of the brands we see have been seen in other GTAs as well. First we need to figure out which ones are exclusive to VCS and then see if we can find any same ones in the trailer. Too lazy to do that, if someone has spare time they might but not me.

Yeah but I think we were talking about VCS only. If there were exclusive things in it that weren't in other GTAs then we could have some kind of idea of what ads to expect in GTA IV. But personally I don't really care about the ads right now, I love them of course but I'd rather find out more about Niko, gameplay, and more important stuff.