More Realistic

better damage. for everything. When cars get hit by cannon from the tank, it makes a big indent and if done in the right place, (wheel, near wheel, in engine, anything like that) than it will be hard to drive or it will break down. Cars will still blow up, but not just from damage, you need explosives or fire or something. The only way they die besides that is either in water, upside down(when flipped back up they can run again), Or when too much damage has been done to the body (has to be visually obvious), or the engine (the engine will smoke alot and have minor flames and the engine will sound REALLY clunky)

With the right type of crash your car can blow up, dude. I've seen it way too many times before.

when you get shot by a big bullet, you die. when you get shot by a little pussy bullet, you get hurt badly

How about no, kay?

when you get shot by a big bullet, you die. when you get shot by a little pussy bullet, you get hurt badly

What do you mean? We could barely even see the bullets from the guns in the previous GTAs.

Yeah, but you usually know that bigger gun = bigger/more powerful shot/bullet. An AK-47 has a bigger round in it then a pistol... Whether or not we can visually see that in the game is irrelevant.

better damage. for everything. When cars get hit by cannon from the tank, it makes a big indent and if done in the right place, (wheel, near wheel, in engine, anything like that) than it will be hard to drive or it will break down. Cars will still blow up, but not just from damage, you need explosives or fire or something. The only way they die besides that is either in water, upside down(when flipped back up they can run again), Or when too much damage has been done to the body (has to be visually obvious), or the engine (the engine will smoke alot and have minor flames and the engine will sound REALLY clunky)

With the right type of crash your car can blow up, dude. I've seen it way too many times before.

How about no, kay?

What do you mean? We could barely even see the bullets from the guns in the previous GTAs.

Yeah, but you usually know that bigger gun = bigger/more powerful shot/bullet. An AK-47 has a bigger round in it then a pistol... Whether or not we can visually see that in the game is irrelevant.

Yeah well i guess if your going 200 mph then your car blows up... maybe....

or if you hit somone head on on the freeway then it blows up too. but thats all. OR if you hit a house full of c4. then its a definite yes.

or if you hit somone head on on the freeway then it blows up too. but thats all. OR if you hit a house full of c4. then its a definite yes.

Dude, all it takes is a fire. And a fire isn't exactly hard to ignite. Remember, cars run on GASOLINE. This stuff is FLAMMABLE. It goes BOOM!

In terms of car damage, it should be as realistic as possible in my opinion.

In terms of bullet/knife/baseball bat etc damage - well, in terms of other people, yes it should be fully realistic. Hit them in the face with a bat, they get a bruise, in the arm, they get a broken arm. Shoot them in the arm, they can't use that arm; in the leg, they limp; in the chest, they die. However for your character, I think you should be able to scale the difficulty level which will ONLY affect the damage the character takes (and make it scaleable throughout the game, like in Oblivion) from pretty unrealistic (ie: where it is now for SA) to life-realistic (which would make you the same as the other characters in the game, ie: very difficult but actually realistic).

Dude, all it takes is a fire. And a fire isn't exactly hard to ignite. Remember, cars run on GASOLINE. This stuff is FLAMMABLE. It goes BOOM!

actually it doesnt really go BOOM. if it hits the gas pan, it will make a big big fire. a HUGE one at that. but it will not go BOOM unless something actually explodes under pressure or combusts.

Im fine with seeing the car go in huge flames, but a car exploding and bouncing 7 feet into the air just because it had 40 fender benders? if it got shot 30 times? even if it was on fire, i still dont think so. maybe 1 out of 20. but thats still not very realistic. Remember. Movies are not always real. tokyo drift crash, NOT REALISTIC. redline crash, REALISTIC. just because there is fire, theres gunna be no c4-like explosion.

It has always been like this,hasnt it??

i mean if your shot with a pistol you hardly get hurt, if ur shot with a smg your hurt slightly more but if your hit with a rocket launcher or sniper you drop dead on the spot

As for the shark it woudnt be very real woud it?? I like it the way it is

that didnt happen. im saying it NEEDS to happen. im not saying you have to look at the size of the bullets as they fly by. that would suck badly.

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

ok so people saying that cars should not explode i disagree, the cars explode to make it exciting so u sit back and laugh to yourself when ur car explodes killing 10 ppl in its blast radius throwing doors and wheels around. i think bullet holes on vehicles, as well as bullet penetration through car doors. i also think that if a bike or car is travelling at a high rate of speed and u shoot out a tire with a well placed shot it could sometimes result in a crash.

It has always been like this,hasnt it??

i mean if your shot with a pistol you hardly get hurt, if ur shot with a smg your hurt slightly more but if your hit with a rocket launcher or sniper you drop dead on the spot

As for the shark it woudnt be very real woud it?? I like it the way it is

If you have full health or armor, you don't get killed in one shot with a rocket launcher of Sniper Rifle in any GTA.

actually it doesnt really go BOOM. if it hits the gas pan, it will make a big big fire. a HUGE one at that. but it will not go BOOM unless something actually explodes under pressure or combusts.

Im fine with seeing the car go in huge flames, but a car exploding and bouncing 7 feet into the air just because it had 40 fender benders? if it got shot 30 times? even if it was on fire, i still dont think so. maybe 1 out of 20. but thats still not very realistic. Remember. Movies are not always real. tokyo drift crash, NOT REALISTIC. redline crash, REALISTIC. just because there is fire, theres gunna be no c4-like explosion.

I'm rather certain there is atleast one thing in a car engine that can become under pressure and involve fire. And the Tokyo Drift scene, could've had something to do with nitrous...

tell me why you would waste your money with nitrous on a drift car....

but theres a possibility.... BUT still. it wouldnt MEGA explode. there would be a big poof of flames inside the car.

and there are alot of things in the engine that are under pressure. but they will just pop, they wont blow up.

Edited by tilly

I don't think they're trying to make GTA IV as realistic as possible, know what I'm saying, cuz if that's the case, then we lose the GTA-feel. The GTA-feel must remain, it's very important you know, else we don't have a GTA anymore. But yeah man, they're trying to make it realistic, and it's going to be more realistic than the previous GTAs. And I don't think they're going to have real car names, it's been working great so far with the cars, so why change it all of a sudden? Remember, realistic is not always a better option you know, it's a video game, so it's important they don't have too much realism. What makes GTA so damn good is not because it's realistic, it's fun, know what I'm saying, pure fun.

Yer I know what your saying. I want it to have the detailed cars, building etc but I don't want them to go to far and make everything to realistic.

a cool thing could be that if you shoot on a window ( in a car or something) it breaks around the bullet hole, like counter strike source. that would be a very nice thing to have insted of the one way breaking windows we have in the other gta´s

Yea like the whole thing fell off. lol

a cool thing could be that if you shoot on a window ( in a car or something) it breaks around the bullet hole, like counter strike source. that would be a very nice thing to have insted of the one way breaking windows we have in the other gta´s

^well, it should, if it was the alrm window (designed to break easily), but not a windscreen or door window.

^well, it should, if it was the alrm window (designed to break easily), but not a windscreen or door window.

Well that's true buddy. Good point!