Pc Gta 4 Specs (if it comes out on pc)

True! But what about Mac? Mac is in seriuose need of some good games.

Yeh, but remember. You can install windows onto mac so that isnt really a problem though it would be a bonus.

* Vista Home Premium, Business and Ultimate (as thats what San Andreas works on)

* DirectX 10 (which comes with Vista obviously)

* 5-10 GB's space

* 2GB's RAM (from the looks of the graphics, seems like most correct to me)

2 gig? Na no way, I mean the PS3 only has 256mb of ram right? And the 360 only has 512 I think.

Also I don't think you'd need 10 gb because C&C3 takes up like 4 or 6 gigs and they have put loads of detail and features into that game.

I think you need 1Gb for Ram and maybe 7 gig space. But for slower ram and graphics card users you should be able to tone quality down from the main menu in the game. This way most people can play it =]

You guys are going tooo high..Grand theft auto won't be developed in DirectX 10 as far as i think and when a company develops a game they keep old machines in their mind its not like gta won't work for 1 or 2 years old pcs.

i think specs requirement would be:

Pentium 4 or D 3.0Ghz Minimum

1 GB Ram

256 MB Nvidia or Ati Card

DVD-Rom

5-10 GB Space.

• Vista Home Premium, Business and Ultimate (as thats what San Andreas works on)
  • DirectX 10 (which comes with Vista obviously)
  • 5-10 GB's space
  • 2GB's RAM (from the looks of the graphics, seems like most correct to me)

How could anyone who isn't a Vista-boy justify the game requiring Vista? And hell, running GTA IV on VISTA I'd want more than 2GB of RAM.

* Vista Home Premium, Business and Ultimate (as thats what San Andreas works on)

* 5-10 GB's space

2 gig? Na no way, I mean the PS3 only has 256mb of ram right? And the 360 only has 512 I think.

Also I don't think you'd need 10 gb because C&C3 takes up like 4 or 6 gigs and they have put loads of detail and features into that game.

I think you need 1Gb for Ram and maybe 7 gig space. But for slower ram and graphics card users you should be able to tone quality down from the main menu in the game. This way most people can play it =]

Okay, but when the PS3 is running GTAIV, it's ONLY running GTA IV. Your PC is running Windows, and a bunch of other background programs which probably include your firewall and anti-virus. You don't want to run a game if ALL you have on your hard drive is the required space left. You want well over the required space so it doesn't slow down. On top of that, if you're running Vista, you'll want a higher amount of RAM just to keep it from lagging.

You guys are going tooo high..Grand theft auto won't be developed in DirectX 10 as far as i think and when a company develops a game they keep old machines in their mind its not like gta won't work for 1 or 2 years old pcs.

i think specs requirement would be:

Pentium 4 or D 3.0Ghz Minimum

1 GB Ram

256 MB Nvidia or Ati Card

DVD-Rom

5-10 GB Space.

The game isn't even ANNOUNCED yet and they are posting specs that would work right now. Trust me, they aren't going too high((with the exception of trying to say it would require VISTA, that would be a stupid move on Rockstar's part and would only benefit Microsoft)). And again, you'd atleast need 1 GB just to keep Vista happy. If that would even cut it.

Oh...Sweet memories...I made a topic like this about 3 or 4 months ago but whatever...

So are you guys saying that you`ll need WS Wista to run this game?

Well...I just hope it will work on XP and hopefully with DirectX 9.0c...

As always I`m selfish and I`m thinking only at my PC :)

So I`m saying about the minimum requirements :

1GB RAM (2GB for WS Vista)

256 VRAM ( gfx card )

5 GB +/- of HardDisk Space

Recommanded

1.5 GB RAM ( 3GB WS Vista )

512 VRAM (gfx card)

5 GB +/- of HD Space...

My opinion...I`m sure Spaz will say something about this post and as always he will be right...

Edited by Gycu

1)Minimum requirements will never be DX10. Perhaps recommended, but not minimum.

2)

Ati Radeon Xpress or nvida cards

Intel pentium D or M or AMD Anthlon 64

Xpress is just on-board, right? No. I'd say nVidia 7600 or ATI equivalent

Pentium D, Athlon 64? You nuts? Athlon doesn't even exist anymore and Pentium D is even worse then P4.

3)A game like GTA takes lots of RAM. And the PC version functions differently. If you have Vista you'll at least need 2 gig.

4)Do you know any computer with 600 MB RAM?

5)

5.1 Sound card

You will not need 5.1 or a sound card at all.

Recommended:

Windows XP. Vista to benefit from DX 10

RAM: 1.5 on systems running XP. 2 gig for Vista

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6400 or AMD equivalent

Free Space: 9 gig free space on HDD

Graphic Card: nVidia 7600 (for DX 10 8600 GTS) or ATI equivalent.

VRAM: 256 MB, 320 recommended.

* 5-10 GB's space

Okay, but when the PS3 is running GTAIV, it's ONLY running GTA IV. Your PC is running Windows, and a bunch of other background programs which probably include your firewall and anti-virus. You don't want to run a game if ALL you have on your hard drive is the required space left. You want well over the required space so it doesn't slow down. On top of that, if you're running Vista, you'll want a higher amount of RAM just to keep it from lagging.

Ahhhh noob alert. Sorry I never thought about that.

But this topic is getting crazy, 10gb of disk space? I don't think so. And you could probaly run it on XP.

My opinion...I`m sure Spaz will say something about this post and as always he will be right...

Nope, your specs sound decent, I guess. It's still really hard to determine the specs it will require at this point. But there are extremes, IMO. I doubt it would REQUIRE Vista, and I doubt it would be able to run on like 512MB of RAM. We can get a general estimate, atleast, I'd assume.

1)Minimum requirements will never be DX10. Perhaps recommended, but not minimum.

2)

Ati Radeon Xpress or nvida cards

Intel pentium D or M or AMD Anthlon 64

Xpress is just on-board, right? No. I'd say nVidia 7600 or ATI equivalent

Pentium D, Athlon 64? You nuts? Athlon doesn't even exist anymore and Pentium D is even worse then P4.

3)A game like GTA takes lots of RAM. And the PC version functions differently. If you have Vista you'll at least need 2 gig.

4)Do you know any computer with 600 MB RAM?

5)

5.1 Sound card

You will not need 5.1 or a sound card at all.

Recommended:

Windows XP. Vista to benefit from DX 10

RAM: 1.5 on systems running XP. 2 gig for Vista

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6400 or AMD equivalent

Free Space: 9 gig free space on HDD

Graphic Card: nVidia 7600 (for DX 10 8600 GTS) or ATI equivalent.

VRAM: 256 MB, 320 recommended.

Why will minimum requirements NEVER be DX10? They would have to be, eventually.... And um, buddy, Athlon still exists.... My CPU is an Athlon. How do they "not exist anymore"?

And unless you're sharing your RAM with your GPU and have a really odd combination of RAM, I doubt you'd be able to have 600MB of RAM. You could have 576, though. That's about the closest you could get. Unless you found a 32MB stick of RAM, then you'd have 608MB. But this has absolutely nothing to do with anything o.o

GTAIV will never be DX10 only. R* would be stupid if they did that. I didn't mean future games won't be DX10.

And Athlon has been taken out of AMDs products just yesterday. So Athlon doesn't exist in the AMD range anymore.

That doesn't mean they are useless to any and all gaming now..... There are still really powerful Athlons. Y'know, like the dualcore 4800?

I don't think a avarage Athlon will be enough for GTA IV though. Unless you have a high-end Athlon.

BTW, does anyone think GTAIV is NOT going to support Duo core? I don't know any games that actually do.

Well, it's not terribly hard to deactivate one of the core sfor a given application, and it'll only have to be done once..

But as for future support? Possibly some... Maybe future Flight Sim Games and some other awesome future titles...

the most advanced game of this year (Crysis) requires :

System Requirements

Processor: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz

RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista

Video Memory: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)

DVD Only?: 1

Hard Drive Space: 6GB

Operating System: Windows XP / Windows Vista

DirectX Version: DX9.0c / DX10

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)

RAM: 1.5GB

Video Memory: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent

Hard Drive Space: 6GB

so how can you say that gta will ask for a high performance pc..it will run on normal system with good graphic card around 256mb and ram: 1gb ..make sure your processor is above 2.6mhz.. i think thats it..you can run the game on full details.

I don't think a avarage Athlon will be enough for GTA IV though. Unless you have a high-end Athlon.

BTW, does anyone think GTAIV is NOT going to support Duo core? I don't know any games that actually do.

If that game calls for an AMD 3000+, and my system is running a 3500+, which ISN'T a "high-end" Athlon, why would it require one?