Pc Gta 4 Specs (if it comes out on pc)

I don't actually think that GTAIV will require the ultimate specs. I mean, yes it does look awesome, but GTA has never been a computer-demanding game. I can run GTA:SA just fine on my Laptop, with specs:

AMD Turion 64 1.8GHz

512MB RAM

ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 64MB

Which I'm sure you'll agree, aren't exactly good specs. My only concern is if GTAIV HAS to be DirectX10 or not - I do not want to buy Vista, I like XP. But my guess it'll work fine with DirectX9.0c anyway - I've heard there is software out there that will allow directx10 games to work on XP.

No, my guess is more like this

Minimum:

Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

1GB RAM

GeForce 7600 256MB

8 GB HDD Space

WinXP/Vista

Reccomended:

Quad Core 2.6GHz

2GB RAM

GeForce 7800GT 512MB

Edited by Alistair

Quad Core as recommended? That's a little high don't you think? A E6600 should do fine. And ATM all Quad Cores above 2.9 GHz cost above the 600 USD. Only 'ultimate' PC's have that.

And I doubt that GTA IV would require DX10. Like I previously stated, it most lightly will run on DX 9.0 c but you'll just miss a few effects.

I don't actually think that GTAIV will require the ultimate specs. I mean, yes it does look awesome, but GTA has never been a computer-demanding game. I can run GTA:SA just fine on my Laptop, with specs:

AMD Turion 64 1.8GHz

512MB RAM

ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 64MB

Which I'm sure you'll agree, aren't exactly good specs. My only concern is if GTAIV HAS to be DirectX10 or not - I do not want to buy Vista, I like XP. But my guess it'll work fine with DirectX9.0c anyway - I've heard there is software out there that will allow directx10 games to work on XP.

No, my guess is more like this

Minimum:

Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

1GB RAM

GeForce 7600 256MB

8 GB HDD Space

WinXP/Vista

Reccomended:

Quad Core 2.6GHz

2GB RAM

GeForce 7800GT 512MB

Can you see the contradiction in your post? How many "lower-end" PC games REQUIRE a dual-core processor? The RAM, GPU, and HDD space look fine. But a dual-core processor?

A P4 running at 3.2 GHz should be fine to. Or a Dual core P4, but those are even more expensive then Intels Core Duo2 and doesn't even have such good performance. For minimum specs the bit lower-end Duo Cores should be ok. As long as all settings are low.

What you've got to remember is that no PS3 games (that I'm aware of) have been released on PC yet. The reason I came up with the specs was looking at the specs of the Xbox360 and PS3. XBOX has 3 cores running at 3.2GHz, hence why I said at least a dual core. And the PS3 has (I think) 7 cores, so surely a quad or even octo core (I think they'll be around soon) might be reccomended for top graphics. We are talking about PCs in a year here, and a core2 duo isn't going to be so high-end in a year when we probably have the octo (eight) core CPUs out. Quad-cores are only expensive because they've just been released.

You people who think that GTA4 will run on Windows XP with directx 9c really are a bunch of wishful thinkers. Last time I checked the game will only come out in October on the consoles, which means that only then will they start working on the pc version, so it will be at least two years before the game is released on pc... This leaves a lot of time for the dust to settle around Windows vista and directx10 and for XP and dx9 to become a thing of the past. Why would R* or even any other company for that matter consider bringing a game out on XP in +- 2 years time that they havent even started developing yet? And here is another bit of info for you: R* have already made some sort of strategic alliance with Microsoft and the XBox360 by bringing out exclusive content for this console. What makes you think that Microsoft will not influence them to make GTA4 a Vista exclusive title, like it has already done with at least a dosen other game titles? And who knows, maybee we may see some exclusive content on the pc version too...

You people who think that GTA4 will run on Windows XP with directx 9c really are a bunch of wishful thinkers. Last time I checked the game will only come out in October on the consoles, which means that only then will they start working on the pc version, so it will be at least two years before the game is released on pc... This leaves a lot of time for the dust to settle around Windows vista and directx10 and for XP and dx9 to become a thing of the past. Why would R* or even any other company for that matter consider bringing a game out on XP in +- 2 years time that they havent even started developing yet? And here is another bit of info for you: R* have already made some sort of strategic alliance with Microsoft and the XBox360 by bringing out exclusive content for this console. What makes you think that Microsoft will not influence them to make GTA4 a Vista exclusive title, like it has already done with at least a dosen other game titles? And who knows, maybee we may see some exclusive content on the pc version too...

Um, none of the others have taken two years to port to PC........

And just because it will be the mainstream when it's RELEASED doesn't mean it will be the mainstream when it's being DEVELOPED.

I don't think a avarage Athlon will be enough for GTA IV though. Unless you have a high-end Athlon.

BTW, does anyone think GTAIV is NOT going to support Duo core? I don't know any games that actually do.

Theres cod 2

and also a quake 4 patch for dual core. and i think this thread is pretty stupid, no one knows what sort of system will run GTAIV, all this thread is doing is letting ppl have their say then have it shot down by someone else who thinks they know better. Maybe we should all just wait and see what the requirements are once the game is actually released.