OPM Australia's GTAIV Preview

Chris

Official PlayStation Magazine Australia is yet another magazine with a GTAIV preview this month. As with the Italian one yesterday, there isn't much new to report on other than the few details below.

• During the demo that OPM saw, Niko walked past an ATM machine and a message appeared on the screen waiting for a button press in order to access funds. While nothing more is said about this, it does imply that we'll be able to deposit and withdraw money, and that itself suggests that we'll be needing to use money more wisely than in previous GTA games.
  • Driving physics have been "tirelessly tweaked and enhanced".
  • When a car drives past with loud music you'll be able to hear and feel the bass.
  • You won't be able to play through a 'single player' game with a friend (co-operative), however, there will be a co-op mode implemented, along with other multiplayer modes which we still have no info on.
  • Rockstar are focusing their attention on this game for now, and there are currently no plans for San Andreas Stories (or another GTA game) for the PSP.
  • Further, it is not known whether GTAIV will pave the way for more sequels. Although Dan Houser has said he "would have a certain confidence" setting GTA outside of the USA, which certainly opens up the possibilities for future GTA games.

Thanks to Wehmer for the info.

Sad about there possibly not being a SAS? To be perfectly honest, I don't think San Andreas Stories is what the vast majority of fans want now. Next gen is the way forward for GTA. If they're going to be making more GTA games I'd much rather they concentrate on 360/PS3 and indeed PC if anything comes of that.

Because I don't regulally leave my lounge, how do you hotwire a car? :huh:

Also, is SAS actually confirmed? That would be so cool B)

Its good a GTA character can scale objects now, it used to be frustrating getting stuck behind a chest high wall :lol:

Idea of ATMs sounds pretty good. We could probably invest in the game and earn a lot more money. And like Chris said it looks like money is going to be more important than previous games. Some nice little info for GTA IV nothing too important though.

I know this sounds stupid but what does ATM stand for.

I know its something to do with money and its good to see it implemented in GTAIV but I sort of knew this would happen because Scarface had it and that was on PS2.

Idea of ATMs sounds pretty good. We could probably invest in the game and earn a lot more money. And like Chris said it looks like money is going to be more important than previous games. Some nice little info for GTA IV nothing too important though.

I know its something to do with money and its good to see it implemented in GTAIV but I sort of knew this would happen because Scarface had it and that was on PS2.

It means either Automatic Transaction Machine or Automated Teller Machine, not that anyone would use the second one. I'm slightly disappointed they're not looking at doing San Andreas Stories, even though it might be considered a step back for the series, because of GTA 4. It would be nice to round things off.

Yeah SAS would be nice but I'm glad they are focusing on GTA IV right now. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather have a GTA IV that would be so amazing that it'd make me shit my pants instead of having a half-"finished" GTA IV and a sidestep of SAS. If R* does decide to do one after they finish GTA IV it would be weird because they would be in the next-gen era and making SAS would be like working backwards instead of progressing. I hope they still do make one though, it'd be something nice to play on my PSP and it would finish off the GTA III trilogy quite well IMO.

It means either Automatic Transaction Machine or Automated Teller Machine, not that anyone would use the second one. I'm slightly disappointed they're not looking at doing San Andreas Stories, even though it might be considered a step back for the series, because of GTA 4. It would be nice to round things off.

Cheers, well I am still wondering if they will do it like SCARFACE where you have to actaully enter the bank.

Like in real life I'm sure they'll have both options of finding ATM machines and getting your money from there. Or actually entering the bank and talking to a banker. Something else that would be nice is being able to rob banks :P

It would be good to rob banks but I don't know how they would put this in the game if you know what I mean.