Madeleine McCann

Red_91

I think this is awful. Then again their parents were pretty stupid too leave a 3 year old home alone.

I hope she gets found alive and well. This is a really sad story.

My prayers go out to all the family.

I think you mean in a holiday resort which has security,

It was in Portugal and she was in a room in the hotel and her parents kept checking up on her and then suddenly she dissappeared,

Some reports say she could be in Spain by now.

• 3 months later...

the police are already searching for proofs she is dead

and i just have that feeling

Well no offence but Portugal will always seem bad to the English Media since Ronaldo kicked us out of the World Cup and you knocked us out of the Euro.

Anyway how do you know she is dead? They haven't found a body and for all we know she still could be alive.

...Then again their parents were pretty stupid too leave a 3 year old home alone...

WTF???

What are they, on crack!?

Hotel security is irrelevant, you just don't leave a 3-year-old alone like that outside the home. Even at home, they require

a lot of supervision. Doing this on holiday is just plain irresponsible.

In the US, the parents would probably have landed in jail over this.

I hope she's found alive & well.

• 3 weeks later...

A news source (one of the biggest news networks in Australia) has posted a article about a possible sigting... Read for yourself.

2509_mccann_lg_a.jpg

A grainy tourist photo claiming to show missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann in Morocco is reportedly being taken seriously by Interpol.

The image, taken by a Spanish couple on August 31, shows a little blonde girl being carried on the back of a Moroccan woman in the town of Zinat, near Tangiers.

The woman is walking by the side of a road with three others and a young girl.

"On the road, in a town called Zinat, I was taking photos of everything we saw, and we saw a group of people and took a photo," the photographer, Clara Torres, was quoted as saying in The Telegraph.

"As soon as I took the photo we were struck by the little girl, who was very blonde.

"The truth is we said the name of the girl, but we couldn't believe it could be here, it was just impossible that it was here," she told radio station COPE.

The couple did not think anymore about the photo until they heard there had been other unconfirmed sightings of Madeleine in Morocco, The Telegrpah reported.

"I ran to the computer, downloaded the photos and started to amplify the photo and when we saw it we realised yes, it could be her.

"It sent shivers down my spine."

2509_mccann2_lg_a.jpg

Since Madeleine vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3, there have been four reported sightings of her in Morocco.

The first sighting was six days after she disappeared.

A spokesperson for Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, said they were aware of the photo, but would not get their hopes up until the photo had been more closely analysed by experts.

Original Article.

It's intresting thats for sure.

Sure is. We can only hope that is her and they follow it all up, And she is well.

EDIT: Same News have said that the photo is not her.

The parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann are disappointed after a photo of a blonde girl snapped in Morocco turned out to be a false alert, their spokesman said.

The picture, taken by a Spanish tourist and showing a grainy image of a small girl clinging to the back of a local woman, was splashed on the front pages of British newspapers amid reports it could be a breakthrough.

But by the end of the day journalists dispatched to investigate the sighting south of Tangiers confirmed they had found the woman and girl in the picture, and it was not Madeleine.

The British toddler disappeared from a holiday apartment in southern Portugal on May 3 while her parents were eating nearby.

"Clearly, if these reports that the girl in the photograph isn't Madeleine are true, it is disappointing news," said Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann.

"This is why Gerry and Kate refused to comment on individual sightings and why I was advising caution overnight," said the spokesman, who had warned that the couple feared going on an "emotional rollecoaster."

And he added: "Clearly, the search for Madeleine will continue and I would appeal for everyone to refocus their efforts to achieve her safe return."

The tourist snap, the first such image to surface, shows a light-skinned, small girl being carried on the back of an elderly Moroccan woman, and was taken just over three weeks ago in northern Morocco by a Spanish tourist.

Clara Torres of the central Spanish city of Albacete said she took the photo on the morning of August 31 in the town of Zinat on the road between Chaouen to Tetuan while on a holiday in Morocco with her family.

Torres said she decided to hand the photo to police on Monday after reading of other recent possible sightings of a girl fitting Madeleine's description in Morocco since she vanished.

"The similarity (to Madeleine) raises shivers," she told Spanish radio station COPE.

But an AFP photographer who tracked down the girl in the picture said it was not Madeleine, but Moroccan girl Bouchra Akchar, who had been snapped being carried by her mother Hafida near their home in the village of Zinat.

Madeleine went missing from her family's holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort town of Praia Da Luz, and her parents — 39-year-old medical doctors Kate and Gerry — have been spearheading a global campaign to find her.

Initially the case appeared to focus on an alleged abduction but then the McCanns were named as formal suspects earlier this month.

While there have been several reported sightings of Madeleine from Argentina to Belgium — which have all been discounted — this is the first time that a photograph that possibly depicts the girl has come to light.

According to the family, Portuguese police suspect Kate McCann was involved in the accidental death of her daughter and think both parents then tried to cover it up. The McCanns strongly deny any role in Madeleine's disappearance.

Article Here.

Edited by Dmac_91