PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

If you pay close attention to technology and innovative inventions, you'll notice a funny trend.

Stronger/faster/harder/bigger/etc. doesn't always win, and it doesn't always mean better.

No I don't follow that, but that still doesn't mean that this will happen again... It just depends on how the console does well.

No, of course not. But what it DOES mean is that by popular trend, it has a good chance of doing so.

Edit: Nice ava Spaz, it's awesome.

Mii's are awesome, duh. That's my Wii, BTW.

You mean your Mii ;) . Awesome, mine looks sorta like me. But I made a Mii for my friend Colten, OMG it is exactly like him, even the "devilish" smile lol.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History does not repeat itself. You can say all you want about the 360 but to me its just a couple of notches up from a PS2. PS3 is on another level, it may not have exclsuives games but as time progresses the exclsuives will probably be lost just like Saints Row, SR 2 is coming on both consoles. And seriosuly I dont know why everybody thinks XBL is good, it has the biggest downfall which is that it isn't free. I expect it to be free and the PS3 one is free.

History does not repeat itself. You can say all you want about the 360 but to me its just a couple of notches up from a PS2. PS3 is on another level, it may not have exclsuives games but as time progresses the exclsuives will probably be lost just like Saints Row, SR 2 is coming on both consoles. And seriosuly I dont know why everybody thinks XBL is good, it has the biggest downfall which is that it isn't free. I expect it to be free and the PS3 one is free.

1) PS3 is on another level of overkill... leading to failure...

2) Microsoft have more power (or money) to throw at gaining exclusivity rights...

3) XBL, though it costs, leads to more money for development, TO MAKE IT BETTER MAYBE?

4) But the PS3 online is terrible, all the PS3 owners i know say it themselves.

5) Willl you not accept at least on or 2 flaws of the PS3 (not games, exclusives or crap like that, the actual system) The pount is, it is far from perfect, but you are obviously blind to this. Because you are a fanboy.

End.

Right you do know I was going to buy a 360 but since I have seen it has upto a 33% fail rate which is abysmal no matter how crap/good a console is. XBL is good I'll admit but I know a lot of people who will never get it since you have to pay for it. Do you have to pay for Wii and PS3 online features? NO. PS3 doesn't have any flaws maybe 1 actually, it doesn't play all PS2 games, but thats all I can think of. And BTW the PS3s online is easy to use I play my mate on Motorstorm a couple of times and it was easy and it has never froze. Another good reason is that it doesnt make noise. The 360 makes too much noise for my likening.

Because history always repeats itself.

This is Different, We are talking about consoles here. Things can take a turn at anytime. And this fall is when it happens.

1) PS3 is on another level of overkill... leading to failure...

2) Microsoft have more power (or money) to throw at gaining exclusivity rights...

3) XBL, though it costs, leads to more money for development, TO MAKE IT BETTER MAYBE?

4) But the PS3 online is terrible, all the PS3 owners i know say it themselves.

5) Willl you not accept at least on or 2 flaws of the PS3 (not games, exclusives or crap like that, the actual system) The pount is, it is far from perfect, but you are obviously blind to this. Because you are a fanboy.

End.

The 1st one is complete Bullshit, when the PS3 hasn't even been released for a full year. You have to wait...! Just because the launched suck, that doesn't mean its over.

The 4th one is a lie. The only thing bad is how the PSN store is set up, it looks simple. But the online gameplay is real good. I have only had one problem, It just froze once, and that was on March,but that maybe because I left the PS3 on cuz of Folding@Home.

The 5th, the only flaws the PS3 has is the games thats pretty much all I have noticed nothing else.

History does to repeat itself dumbass. How is the 360 only a couple of notches up from a PS2 when the ORIGINAL Xbox is a couple notches up from a PS2? Nice try, dipshit. The PS3 is simply an over-powered PS2. The 360? An upgraded Xbox. Yeah, they are both simply improvements from the last gen. Nothing new. Nothing innovative. Same game-play style, same games, same media storage, HELL, they even have the same names still, just with some numbers tacked on.

And on PAPER the PS3 is "more powerful".... In practice, there isn't a big difference. So shove that right back up your ass where you pulled it from.

And Charger, you're not much brighter than PS3-fanboy.... He said it was overkill and you said that was BS because we have to wait a little longer? Overkill means too much. Over-done. It has more than it needs and because of this, costs a ridiculous price that no one should have to pay for it.

Right you do know I was going to buy a 360 but since I have seen it has upto a 33% fail rate which is abysmal no matter how crap/good a console is. XBL is good I'll admit but I know a lot of people who will never get it since you have to pay for it. Do you have to pay for Wii and PS3 online features? NO. PS3 doesn't have any flaws maybe 1 actually, it doesn't play all PS2 games, but thats all I can think of. And BTW the PS3s online is easy to use I play my mate on Motorstorm a couple of times and it was easy and it has never froze. Another good reason is that it doesnt make noise. The 360 makes too much noise for my likening.

PS3's Flaws:

1. Doesn't play all PS2 games.

2. Only has three good exclusive games. (MGS4: GotP, FF13, FFVersus13)

3. Doesn't come with fucking component cables.

4. Doesn't come with a fucking HDMI cable, but is so "HD".

5. Is $599.99. (Yes, they are going to discontinue the 60GB.)

6. GUITAR HERO DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.

7. Online is utter garbage. The only good game on the PSN is Resistance, everything else sucks.

8. PlayStation Store just isin't good. Not enough demo's etc.

9. SixAxis doesn't shake.

10. NO GOOD GAMES.

There's 10 things that suck about it. Or 10 "flaws". There are defiantly more.

And Charger, you're not much brighter than PS3-fanboy.... He said it was overkill and you said that was BS because we have to wait a little longer? Overkill means too much. Over-done. It has more than it needs and because of this, costs a ridiculous price that no one should have to pay for it.

If you look closely I was replying to the failure part. I know what overkill means <_<

7. Online is utter garbage. The only good game on the PSN is Resistance, everything else sucks.

8. PlayStation Store just isin't good. Not enough demo's etc.

10. NO GOOD GAMES.

The online is great, I don't know why you are saying that. have you even tried it?

The PS store isn't that good yes, and there is demos, and yes more are needed, the amount will increase overtime. (I cant wait for the 2K demo of Football)

10. No good games at the moment yes, if you already have the good ones which is about 3 or 5. Should increase this fall. Btw I'm not a fanboy since I don't hate the 360 and planning to get one this fall.

Edited by Charger

you know, if you ask me, PS3 and 360 are just computer imitations. Sure they are great, but think about it, why would a "video game console" need a music player, a internet browser, media player, dvd player, hard drive the size of a 60 GB, IP TV [only in Korea]. Thats basically what a computer does. Like Spaz says, PS3 is just a overloaded PS2 or a PSP fused with a PS2 and blue ray [wtf is the point of blue ray?] Xbox 360 is just a upgraded xbox.

GREAT GRAPHICS IS NOT A BIG DEAL

The game play and story matters. Look at Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 and Xbox 360 for example. It was a complete disgrace to all Sonic games. Yea sure, the graphics were nice [i dunno how it is possible to make good graphics for a talking blue hedgehog] but the game play was shit, there were too much loading screens, the game was buggy, and apparently in this game, it is ok in this game for a beast human love relationship, overall the graphics were great, but the game overall sucked!

Wii on the other hand... Is really a revolution for gaming.

Graphics are ok [look at Twilight of princess]

Real Online Play will be coming soon [super smash bros BRAWL] not including Pokemone Revolution cuz that was shit

Gameplay is amazing, cuz when you are slashing some giant monster up, you are physically slashing air up!

You can play some retro games that we still love [sold separately]

Some software on the Wii can affect games [weather channel can change the weather in Foot ball games]

And guess what, people just don't sit in the chair and they become couch potatoes anymore.

Ok well that sums up my view of the stupid consoles war and the Wii is the true video gaming system while everything else are computer imitations.

Although, why should I care about these Console Wars, I am getting a 360 to complete my collection so HAHAHA.

LONG LIVE THE WII!

Yes, long live the Wii for three reasons:

1. Price.

2. Fun.

3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Seriously. PS3 fanboys need to get it through their heads that the specs for the PS3 were taken from controlled tests and are in no way representative of real-world performance. So their goes your so-called "edge" in the performance department. They also need to get it through their thick-ass skulls that just because the PS3's online service is free, it doesn't mean it's good. Who the hell cares if you have to pay a game's worth a year for Xbox Live? Big deal, so I don't get the latest Madden. I'd rather play online with other, better games.

Long live the Xbox 360 for the following reasons:

1. Xbox Live.

2. Great exclusives.

3. Again, fun.

And to a slow and painful death to the PS3 for the following reasons:

1. It's still overpriced.

2. No games.

3. Shitty online service.

Ey, charger, do you know everyone i know who owns a ps3? Fuckin thought as much. So you can't call that a lie can you? NO.

So in what position are you to call that bullshit.

And on PAPER the PS3 is "more powerful".... In practice, there isn't a big difference. So shove that right back up your ass where you pulled it from.

I love you Spaz, that made me laugh so hard.

You can say all you want about the 360 but to me its just a couple of notches up from a PS2.

But we're not praising the 360 like it's god though, are we... we're ripping it out of the PS3... Incase you didn't notice ^_^

And to me, the PS3 is overrated, the hype was so great that the PS3 could only live up to it in theory, in practice alot of the things that sony used to make it next - gen suck completely.

Oh, there is one good thing about the PS3 that springs to mind... If you have one in your room, you no longer need a heater. Fuck, tht thing gets hot!

(Played Ninja Gaiden at a mate's house and, granted, it looked gorgeous....)

And the sixaxis bites some serious ass, incase we didn't already establish that. The wii's system is far more user freindly and versatile.

GREAT GRAPHICS IS NOT A BIG DEAL

Correct.

Many among us here still play retro games.... The gameplay is still good, but compared to what most systems are punching out nowadays the graphics suck.

If there was a game w/ great graphics but shitty gameplay. (let me se.... *thinks* ...got one... Sonic the hedgehog / PS3... Would you play t for the pretty graphics? No, there is no replay value to be had by nice graphics...

I could create a metaphor the exact opposite of the above, but i'm too tired, someone make one for me? Perhaps like, i dunno, GTA? Which happens to have poor graphics compared to other games? (SA and VC primarily, not IV, by the looks of the stuff we've seen)

But, still mamazing gameplay, which is why we're all here. If we all cared about graphics, we'd have a subforum under each GTA called 'pretty Graphics', not 'gameplay' ... see?

End of BitchFit.

So you are up for new thing with the PS3 but think there will be no more "upgrades" for the 360, you have no logic, at all.

You only listen to he stuff that says the 360 is bad I am starting to realise.

42924.gif

That was back then....

sonic-the-hedgehog-20061106074622711.jpg

This is now...

Sure the graphics had a huge jump... but the game play sucks, voice acting sucks, everything but graphics suck.

Oh hey guys, doesnt the PS3 kinda look like a "bose stereo system"?

bose.jpg

ps3_1.jpg

It does to me, and the way you insert the Cd is the same...

Edited by Ovan

Right you do know I was going to buy a 360

Yeah, right. Just like how chris82 was going to buy Vista to use it instead of destroy it.

but since I have seen it has upto a 33% fail rate which is abysmal no matter how crap/good a console is.

33%? Horseshit, more like 15%.

XBL is good I'll admit but I know a lot of people who will never get it since you have to pay for it.

Try saying that to the 2 million XBL subscribers.

Do you have to pay for Wii and PS3 online features? NO. PS3 doesn't have any flaws maybe 1 actually, it doesn't play all PS2 games, but thats all I can think of. And BTW the PS3s online is easy to use I play my mate on Motorstorm a couple of times and it was easy and it has never froze.

Except for the part about the Wii, I seriously doubt that the PS3's online service is as good as you claim. No, I don't doubt it, I know the PS3's online service can never compete with XBL.

Another good reason is that it doesnt make noise. The 360 makes too much noise for my likening.

That's it? You don't like the noise the Xbox 360 makes? That's what's keeping you from buying one? OMFG, the 360 doesn't even make that much noise. Nowhere near enough to be annoying. I doubt you've ever heard a 360.

History does to repeat itself dumbass. How is the 360 only a couple of notches up from a PS2 when the ORIGINAL Xbox is a couple notches up from a PS2? Nice try, dipshit. The PS3 is simply an over-powered PS2. The 360? An upgraded Xbox. Yeah, they are both simply improvements from the last gen. Nothing new. Nothing innovative. Same game-play style, same games, same media storage, HELL, they even have the same names still, just with some numbers tacked on.

360 is basically crap. In other words not even as good as a PS2b in my opinion. The PS3 is better than the PS2 and even the PS3 could have just done minor updates and had a far better launch but that ain't Sony. They take things to the limit. MS don't they went with the safe option and released theres early. At the moment I can't see many people buying 360 there still at the 11M mark. And why are you calling me PS3-fanboy. I'am called PS3 Player on TGTAP.

OFF TOPIC - Just wondering how does that site nextgenwarz know all of the sales of the 3 consoles?

360 is basically crap. In other words not even as good as a PS2b in my opinion. The PS3 is better than the PS2 and even the PS3 could have just done minor updates and had a far better launch but that ain't Sony. They take things to the limit. MS don't they went with the safe option and released theres early. At the moment I can't see many people buying 360 there still at the 11M mark. And why are you calling me PS3-fanboy. I'am called PS3 Player on TGTAP.

OFF TOPIC - Just wondering how does that site nextgenwarz know all of the sales of the 3 consoles?

Bold: Right. That's why the 360 has Gears of War, Halo 3, Xbox Live, and exclusive GTA 4 content. That's why the 360 is crap.

Italic: At the moment, I can't see many people buying the PS3 because it's still at the 5 Million mark. Oh, and the PS3 is sold out nowhere. The GBA is outselling the fucking PS3. People have been buying more Xbox 360s since GOW was released. Shit, I couldn't get a 360 until 8 months after it was released. However, I could still find a PS3 in my local Wal-Mart a month after it was released.

Underline: Because you have PS3 in your name. Believe me, I know. I used to be XBOXUSER on GTAG/GTAF. Nobody cared about my opinions solely because of that name.

Just becasue I have PS3 in my name doesnt nesseraly mean I am a fanboy. My name could be 'PS3 is Shit'. Never judge a book by its cover. Well the 360 might be doing well in America but where I live my local area, no one hardly wants one, most people in my year want to get the PS3 but I do admit there put off becasue of the price but there waiting for it to go down. TBH we will never find out who wins the console war unti 2008 maybe 2009.

You are a fucking retard. The ORIGINAL Xbox is better than the PS2, and the 360 is better than the original Xbox. How the HELL does that make the PS2 better than the 360? Your logic is too flawed. And people are buying the PS3 but not the 360? This is when I wish I had taken the time to snap some pictures when we went to find some Wiis. Best Buy, three stacks.... The PS3 stack was as big as it could get. Why? No one was taking the boxes... Meaning no one was buying them.... The 360 stack was roughly HALF the size of the PS3 stack((this is, y'know, over a year after the 360 release and merely months after PS3's, it SHOULD have been the other way around)). The Wii stack? Non-existant. There was a spot for the pile, but no pile to be found.

It was like that everywhere we went.

Just becasue I have PS3 in my name doesnt nesseraly mean I am a fanboy. My name could be 'PS3 is Shit'. Never judge a book by its cover. Well the 360 might be doing well in America but where I live my local area, no one hardly wants one, most people in my year want to get the PS3 but I do admit there put off becasue of the price but there waiting for it to go down. TBH we will never find out who wins the console war unti 2008 maybe 2009.

No, your posts are what label you as a fanboy, I just picked up on the name from someone else and stuck to it because it fits. And big deal? You're in what, middle school? Lower high school? They are just creaming their pants because Sony is feeding lies to them.

I knew who won the console war during E3 2005. That one was a no-brainer.

Firstly what I said before was a bit crazy but my post ren't really that biased towards the PS3, all I have been saying is the flaws of the 360, it may be quite cheap comapared to the PS3. And by the way I am in secondary school and before you actually say anything I have talked to alot of people to see what console they think is the best and most said PS3, so no lies were fed to me. And plus I aint a fuck,ing retard that is you, who cant justify your own answers, just have to revert to insults.

FYI, every time someone buys a PS3, Sony loses $200, it's just a matter of time before going bankrupt. And some people say "let time tell PS3 games will come and save PS3's bum", how right can they be, right?

I mean, good consoles are mainly and most importantly assessed through its Sale Rates. I mean, if PS3 is as good as the fans say, why is it selling like turd? If you ask me, since Wii shortage is everywhere, Sony should speak to themselves "WE SUCK" and start joining Nintendo, and help them produce Wii, that's better! LOL!! But that way competition won't be as fun ;)

:)

PLUS: I just bought a Wii yesterday, my dad gave it to me as a surprise and I was surprised! BTW, Wii players, any good games for Wii? I'm playing Wii Sports, and it was a hell of a game. NEED MORE!