PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 Player, I know you and Ciaran and I were PS3 buddies, but the PS3, it just isn't satisfying me as a gamer. It is not really good for game system, it is like a rip off a PSP which I boring now collecting dust. The only things I use my PS3 for, is watching movies [not blue ray], viewing pictures that I take with my friends, and watching videos. When I go to blockbuster or best buy to get a game, the only thing good I probably want to play is Vitrua Tennis 3. But then again, Virtua Tennis isn't that amusing as Wii Sports, even though Virtua Tennis "looks realistic". The only thing my PS3 is doing now is collecting dust while my Wii is overheating because I am playing too much with it. The online feature is ok, but the only thing I can do is just talk to Ciaran by sending messages. I don't feel like buying a "bluetooth" headset, and the PS3 says it cannot support talk because of something with the wireless signals [regardless of the fact my wireless router is next to the system] I cannot make my own avatar and choose the ones that Sony made. The online feature fails in comparison miserably compared to X box Live.

And speaking about long lasting systems, I looked for my Playstation and it doesn't play anything. I just got 7 years ago too. Of course systems like the Sega Genesis or NES would alst long, because they actually play games only.

The X-Box 360 gets a lot of defects reports because a lot of people buy them. There are many reports of the Wii such as broken TV screens, or Bricked Wiis because the Wii is constantly sold out. The PS3 seems perfect, but it is just that no one buys them. When I bought my PS3, the shelves are full and even though I bought the wii, I looked in the shelves, there was one left, but someone immediately ran to it, and bought it.

Ovan I understand you man but my point was that 360 IS a GOOD SYSTEM however massively let dwon with its defects and this isn't because a lot of people buy them, this is probably due to some manufacturing problems. Problems that MS haven't sorted in nearly two years.

I know the PS3 hasn't got any good games on it atm, and I wont lie I know that but give it a little more time Im sure it will have good library of games. Though right now Im must admit Im playing Godfather on the PS3 and its good.

Why is it a shame? I know your going to say 360 has more exclusives and all that but some exclusives to me are utter rubbish, Crackdown I played at my mates today and wasn't that impressed. The storyline was a bit wayward as well I mean super-agent? Anyway back on topic I know 360 has a few exclusive games but how long will it be till PS3 will have a few of them as well. I mean R* are preparing a new game exclusive to the PS3, RFOM, MGS. I know R* has a lot more but I do think some Exclsuives are utter rubbish even on the PS3.

There was a storyline in Crackdown? Who really cares about the storyline, because IMO, Crackdown had some damned fun gameplay. Are you gonna hold it against Crackdown's developers for thinking outside of the box? I mean, at least it's not a game based off of an existing IP (Godfather) or just another gang warfare game (25 to Life).

If a game has truly awesome gameplay, it doesn't need a Hollywood-caliber storyline. Crackdown's story was just an excuse to blow the shit outta of random gang members AND IT WORKED.

Man, I kinda hate the people who got it solely for the Halo 3 Beta. That's why I got it a week after it ended. I just wanted to play the awesomeness that is Crackdown. A tank-like vehicle with a gernade launcher barrelling down the highway at 117 MPH. Awesome.

I didn't buy it, it was a gift and it just happened to have the beta invite. ^_^ But honestly, its not really worth $60 without the beta. Free roaming in Crackdown isn't as fun.

It's a shame that Godfather is also on the 360 as well.

It is also a shame that Godfather is on the Wii too! And man it is fun, probably one of the most violent wii games! [never played it]

I find crackdown very fun, and like the cop futuristic version of GTA. If you kill innocent people, the cops betray you which is fun. =P

PC PWNS. The only console it can't replace is the Wii for obvious reasons.

BTW, you stated stuff on a way that it looks as if the 360 is more powerful then the ps3.

And the Wii isn't only for family's. Look at Galaxy, Corruption and Twilight Princess. All single player games (Corruption does have multi-player options though, but it's just a little add-on to the game).

Yeah, but the Wii only has like four games for hardcore gamers... :\ On the 360, you have CoD4, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Half-Life 2, etc. Thats the thing I really don't like about the Wii, not enough games for the hardcore games. :(

Uber late reply FTW!

Anyway. I'd consider myself to be quite a gamer (reason I'm spending 600 EUR on a Graphic Card). So I'll have a PC for the 'hardcore' games and my Wii for fun. IMO there would be no sense in having a high end gaming PC and also get a 360 or ps3 that basically just does the same thing (but not as good (exception for XBL though))

As much as I 'm trying to avoid conflict what you said was kinda stupid.. Constantly upgrading? Why did you then not just stick with your ps2? A really high-end Graphic card will last longer then a console. Notice how the ps2 has been looking incredibly crappy the last 2 years, it was already long out-dated but Sony apparently wanted to wait with releasing the ps3.

So why would a PC (more powerful then PS3) have to upgraded before a console has to? It's your own choice. I'm pretty sure a High-end card now could last you 5-6 years. But you'll clearly see that you'll have to run everything on the low(est) settings. Same for consoles.

Most PC games are coming to the consoles, a lot of console games aren't coming to the PC though. (Mass Effect, Crackdown, Saints Row, Halo 3 (well, not yet at least), Resistance, Motorstorm, Dead Rising, etc.)

I've never been a fan of PC gaming. Its to complicated. You have to check your specs before buying games and shit, I just like buying a game for my 360, poping it in and I can play. No installing or nothing. :)

I mean, you can. But if you want to be able to constantly play the games on high settings you'll have to upgrade every 3 years. But then that's the same for consoles, but then they just lower the level of detail and stuff as compensation.

Also, good graphic cards are just 250 EUR. It's just me who is crazy enough to spend 600 on the best.

I understand you now but you dont update your console every 3 years, consoles last at least 5-6 years and even history proves that only xbox 1 lasted 3 years but all the other consoles lasted double the amount of that. Im not sure how much 600 EURO is in pounds but would not it have been good for you yo get a 360?

You could have got GTAIV and the DLC.

600 EUR is 405 pounds.

Anyway, in general I don't like console gaming all that much (with exeption of some titles (mainly Nintendo titles)). Even Halo I'd prefer on PC by far. Infact, I'd prefer all FPS for PC, gamepads are just a pain for them.

Other then that I do drastically need a new computer what can do much more then a console could ever, so IMO powerfull PC + Wii combo would have been best.