PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

i HATE wii my freind brags on about it going blah blah blah this is so great becuase you can actually play with it!

everybody only wants an xbox cos of halo

so the best is ps3 who cares about the hefty pricetag! you get good quality blu ray and it is a quality sony product

Edited by Jacob-here :)

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i HATE wii my freind brags on about it going blah blah blah this is so great becuase you can actually play with it!

so the best is ps3 who cares about the hefty pricetag! you get good quality blu ray and it is a quality sony product

Back up your statements, fanboy. Otherwise you're seriously looking like a jackass.

Back up your statements, fanboy. Otherwise you're seriously looking like a jackass.

Looks like a jackass? IMO, he already is a jackass.

Why exactly does the Wii suck? Because it has tons of great exclusive games? Because the Wii-mote has top-notch motion-sensing? Because the Wii isn't an overhyped POS like the PS3?

Really? Halo 3 was high on my list of reasons to get an Xbox 360, but it sure as hell wasn't at the top. Forza 2, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Dead or Alive 4, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Xbox Live, Virtua Fighter 5 with online play, GTA IV with exclusive episodic content, and a comfortable gamepad. Those were a couple of other reasons beside Halo that explain why I got an Xbox 360.

As for the PS3, it doesn't back up its price tag in my IMO. Blu-ray has no place in gaming. When the hell is there gonna be a game that's gonna need 50GB? Exactly, not for a long-ass time. Besides that, the PS3 is seriously lacking in quality exclusive titles when compared to the 360 and Wii.

And I know nobody has mentioned the 360's hardware failures for about 2 months, but I'm gonna say it before this jackass mentions it. To anybody who thinks the Xbox 360 is a failure because of its somewhat frequent hardware problems, you should have paid more attention to the last generation. PS2 had plenty of hardware problems, but was still the highest selling console from the last-gen. Hardware problems have almost nothing to do with a console's success. And at least Microsoft actually did something about the 360's problem by offering a free three-year warrenty.

Edited by TEC 9

The 360 isn't a bad console becasue of its hardware problems, MS I think will have got over them. PS3 doesn't have many exclusives but it is selling loads, by 2008 I think PS3 will have many exclusives as many as the 360 and Wii, by then we will get a true indicatiopn to who is going to win.

People still going on about PS3s price but its gone very cheap, dunno if its cheaper than the 360 thought I think it might be. I'll have to check on that.

Nah, I don't think it's cheaper than the 360 because the 360 had a price drop a few months ago.

Sony, you want to stay in this fight? You want to not end up like Sega? Start listening to your fanbase and give them something great. Give your fans an assload of exclusive titles and hold on to them for dear life, because Nintendo and Microsoft have the money and resources to buy them and even make them exclusive to their consoles.

Well the 40GB is £350 wiht one controller and one game. 360 Elite won't be far off I think, though I have to check on that. I dont think Sony are in a really bad position they will be making up ground in 08' but I do agree some exclusives wouldn't go a miss at least we have MGS4, cant wait for this game.

Y'know, I wonder how much the PS3 would cost if it didn't have Blu-ray. If they just did what had worked for them for the past 12 years. Because that's one of my main turn-offs of the PS3. I don't care about HD, yet Sony seems to be riding the HD cock a lot. They've pretty much forgotten what most gamers want, and that's games. Yes, the PS3 will have MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank, but do you really think that a few games, though high-quality, will lead to the PS3's success?

No matter how you look at it, Microsoft and Nintendo have way more exclusives, now and in the future.

If Sony didn't support blu-ray and it did eventually nudge out HD DVD formats then they would have been kicking themselves. I have said this before and will say it again even if Sony lose the console war they will still win with blu-ray, I will be really shocked if they didn't.

PS3 has more exclusives than two I heard a couple of months ago R* are doing an exclusive game for them, and maybe after a while more developers will favour the PS3 (evev though Unlikely).

Price drop no matter what is a huge boost for them, I think the recent 40GB release was really good for Sony, if they can continue flogging them for a while they will get past the 10million mark in a while.

If Sony didn't support blu-ray and it did eventually nudge out HD DVD formats then they would have been kicking themselves. I have said this before and will say it again even if Sony lose the console war they will still win with blu-ray, I will be really shocked if they didn't.

PS3 has more exclusives than two I heard a couple of months ago R* are doing an exclusive game for them, and maybe after a while more developers will favour the PS3 (evev though Unlikely).

Price drop no matter what is a huge boost for them, I think the recent 40GB release was really good for Sony, if they can continue flogging them for a while they will get past the 10million mark in a while.

Although, some developers like Gabe Newell from Valve, absolutely hate developing for the PS3.

Valve Boss Thinks PS3 is "Waste of Everybody's Time."

I've just gotten so sick with HD this, HD that. I can't read a Playstation magazine anymore without seeing HD dotted all over the page! They honestly have nothing else better to brag about. On Fifa 08 for the PS3, the start menu is so small you have to go right up close to read the text, literally. The ONLY way your able to read the text without getting up out of your chair is if you have a big 1080P HD tv. Now most people I know do not have a HD tv and just have your plain standard tv. Whats that Sony? You want to make me happy? Ok send me your biggest HD tv NOW.

Sony have also started releasing tv tuners and tons of other accessories for the PS3 which have no purpose at all, the PS3 is a GAMING console and thus Sony should be working on new game titles etc.

Oh and SIXAXIS? Don't get me started on that... The only game on the PS3 where I've actually thought it was kind of cool was R:FOM and even that wasnt too great. Whenever one of your enemies would jump on your face and attack you from up close, you shake the control to hit them off.

SIXAXIS for driving games is a huge failure, not only do you have to have your arms completely straight and have the usb port on the PS3 controller facing upright for it to register the movement right but it can barely even do that properly. You tilt it about 30 degrees, nothing. But then tilt it by about 5 more degrees and your car will be swerving into the wall.

PS: The new PS3 controller with rumble will be called Dualshock 3 (How original).

Edited by Mpilk

I've just gotten so sick with HD this, HD that. I can't read a Playstation magazine anymore without seeing HD dotted all over the page! They honestly have nothing else better to brag about. On Fifa 08 for the PS3, the start menu is so small you have to go right up close to read the text, literally. The ONLY way your able to read the text without getting up out of your chair is if you have a big 1080P HD tv. Now most people I know do not have a HD tv and just have your plain standard tv. Whats that Sony? You want to make me happy? Ok send me your biggest HD tv NOW.

Really the 360 is like that too, not sure about the Wii, but if you have a standard TV its a huge disadvantage. On 360 and PS3, if people want to actually buy one of these consoles they should make sure they have a HD TV first becasue if you don't you will be dissapointed.

the PS3 is a GAMING console and thus Sony should be working on new game titles etc.

PS: The new PS3 controller with rumble will be called Dualshock 3 (How original).

They are Motorstorm 2 and R:ROM will be in the developing and Im sure other games are being made.

Oh and SIXAXIS? Don't get me started on that... The only game on the PS3 where I've actually thought it was kind of cool was R:FOM and even that wasnt too great. Whenever one of your enemies would jump on your face and attack you from up close, you shake the control to hit them off.

SIXAXIS for driving games is a huge failure, not only do you have to have your arms completely straight and have the usb port on the PS3 controller facing upright for it to register the movement right but it can barely even do that properly. You tilt it about 30 degrees, nothing. But then tilt it by about 5 more degrees and your car will be swerving into the wall.

The titlt function I dont think has been mastered yet, I only used it in motorstorm which even then it was hard to do. It takes a bit of practice -_-

The new controller's name doesn't really matter its what it does, bringing back the rumble feature is a good idea, and will probably work well.

Really the 360 is like that too, not sure about the Wii, but if you have a standard TV its a huge disadvantage. On 360 and PS3, if people want to actually buy one of these consoles they should make sure they have a HD TV first becasue if you don't you will be dissapointed.

Well, the 360 has plenty of games. Like I said before, I don't give two shits about HD. I just want fun games, which the 360 has plenty of. AFAIK, the Wii doesn't support HD, and for that I'm actually thankful. I don't want to pay extra for a feature I don't use or want.

lol if you dont like the 360 or PS3 then buy a Wii. I think PS3 is a good console with a crappy launch, to be honest I dont think 360 or Wii had good launches with Wii selling out and also small amount of games for 360 and PS3. Though PS3 will be very good in 08'

Um... Still selling out months after release is called a GOOD launch.

The Wii is a great console. It isn't overpriced, they didn't steal 80% of their ideas and technology, AND ON TOP OF THAT, THE GAMES ARE FUN...

The titlt function I dont think has been mastered yet, I only used it in motorstorm which even then it was hard to do. It takes a bit of practice -_-

The new controller's name doesn't really matter its what it does, bringing back the rumble feature is a good idea, and will probably work well.

Because it was a LAST MINUTE ADDITION to compete with Nintendo. And the rumble shouldn't have been taken out to begin with. Most people I knew liked it.

xbox wins.

ps3 gets second.

wii gets old people.

You're telling a bunch of Wii owners it gets old? Do you even own one? Yeah, it will get old if you never buy new games for it. ALL consoles do that.

i agree with that mostly but whats your opinoin spaz?

i would have to say that the wii is the best console for general gameplay and its worth every penny in comparison to the very expensive ps3 (at launch as the price has dropped and admittedly do have some features) but i would have to say ps3 purely because of games that come out opn ps3 and not wii

FYI i hate the xbox franchise i just hate it

i would have to say that the wii is the best console for general gameplay and its worth every penny in comparison to the very expensive ps3 (at launch as the price has dropped and admittedly do have some features) but i would have to say ps3 purely because of games that come out opn ps3 and not wii

I hate to break it to you, but the PS3 has been raped in terms of exclusive games/franchises. Nintendo has more of them and so does Microsoft.

Wii: Legend of Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Brothers, Mii Sports, MySims, and a lot of other games an actual Wii owner could list.

Xbox: Halo, Gears of War (although it's being released for the PC soon), Forza Motorsport, Dead or Alive, Project Gotham Racing, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Dead Rising, etc.

Well, I'm no expert but I'd assume my opinion would be whatever I typed into my posts from my point of view.

lol if you dont like the 360 or PS3 then buy a Wii. I think PS3 is a good console with a crappy launch, to be honest I dont think 360 or Wii had good launches with Wii selling out and also small amount of games for 360 and PS3. Though PS3 will be very good in 08'

Um... Still selling out months after release is called a GOOD launch.

Not where I am living it seems some of the people I knew who got it are wanting to sell it now, and GAME and gamestation aren't sold out of Wiis, Its always been a pattern with Nintendo start well but finish badly and I think it could happen again.

I love your irrelevant post. You said they had a bad launch because they sold out, and I said they were selling out for months and that's a GOOD launch, then you say no because people are selling them now? WTF? And it's not shocking they aren't sold out anymore. It's been almost a YEAR since launch((but mind you, just a couple of months ago stores were still having troubles keeping them on the shelves)). The PS3, however, sold out the first day.... And then was easy to come by because no one was buying and everyone was selling.

I love your irrelevant post. You said they had a bad launch because they sold out, and I said they were selling out for months and that's a GOOD launch, then you say no because people are selling them now? WTF? And it's not shocking they aren't sold out anymore. It's been almost a YEAR since launch((but mind you, just a couple of months ago stores were still having troubles keeping them on the shelves)). The PS3, however, sold out the first day.... And then was easy to come by because no one was buying and everyone was selling.

You actually said

Still selling out months after release is called a GOOD launch

I just thought you meant there still selling out, PS3 definetly had the worst launch out of the three but they will pick things up and 08' will be an important year for them, though I think the Wii will just fade away. :erm:

Yeah, they said LAUNCH was suppose to be good, too, but they lied, didn't they? Nintendo has a solid history of quality consoles. NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and now Wii. They were all nicely designed consoles with fun games. Sony has a history of lying. Now it's not really a hard decision on who I'm going to trust. And just because popularity fades, as could happen with the Wii, doesn't mean shit. It's only because people buy into Sony's bullshit and hype. The console has already proven itself, the PS3, hasn't.

Wii hs proven itselfbut it will fade away just like the other Nintendo consoles did, I dont know why it happens but it just does. The PS3 did make some false promises but they still have a quality console. All it needed was a price drop and suddenly (in the UK) there was a 173% (if I remember correctly) sales boost. So that says a lot, I think the only thing that put people off buying the PS3 was the price.

People automatically respond to price-drops. It usually has nothing to do with the product being sold or how good it is. It's a sales tactic. The PS3 just has shit we don't need yet. They invested too much into Bluray and the Cell processor. And then lied about what both could "do". I've played Motorstorm... Even the CINEMATICS weren't like the videos they showed at E3. Or that pre-rendered Killzone bullshit. Better yet, that "Lots of Ducks" video that was being run on a PS3 system that.... SHOCKHORROR, wasn't even FINISHED yet? Yeah, that's REAL possible....