Official Nintendo Discussion

Spaz The Great

I've played quite a few games at a friends house..but one thing I noticed..I suppose this isnt really preventable and I might be having a bit of a whinge..In Medal of Honor: Vanguard and other shooting games (eg Redsteel), it is a bit of a pain to get really precise aiming, is this because the sensor is too close or Wiimotes need to be reconfigured or something. My hand was nearly perfectly still and the gun is wobbling around which makes aiming a bit of a pain...

Still lots of fun though

My Wiimote has been being a little shithead recently. Gaming messing up + my anger problems = Almost thrown Wiimote against wall >.>

Twilight Princess has an option in the menu to make sure your remote is working right. I don't think it alters it for anything but Zelda, though.

I've been thinking of getting a Wii. Is it worth buying???

I guess that depends, really. Quite frankly I love it. If you like Zelda, Twilight Princess was definitely a great game. The new Mario looks pretty decent to me. The Paper Mario for Wii is also suppose to be pretty cool, way different than the first one. Not to mention that Nintendo's online gaming is finally being taken advantage of((I remember hearing the GC had like ONE online game.....)). Guitar Hero III is pretty kickass, I honestly think it's a first for a franchise buy-out. Super Smash Bros. is going to be online.

Have you played any games like Scarface, The Godfather or Manhunt 2 on the Wii?

No, not really. In all honesty, I own three games for my Wii. WiiSports, WiiPlay, and WarioWare. I mostly play games at Chestnut's house((for I'm hardly ever home)). We have Guitar Hero III and it kicks ass. The did an excellent job on the guitar. Usually third-party peripherals don't account for things like wrist straps and maybe special backings. With the rechargable battery and hand strap on it fits just fine.

Godfather DOES look like a good game, and I DO want Manhunt 2. If you get a Wii and buy these titles before me, tell me how they turned out. I'm sure Manhunt 2 at least is a decent game. The only Rockstar title I've actually questioned was Table Tennis, but supposedly that's a good game, too.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not really. In all honesty, I own three games for my Wii. WiiSports, WiiPlay, and WarioWare. I mostly play games at Chestnut's house((for I'm hardly ever home)). We have Guitar Hero III and it kicks ass. The did an excellent job on the guitar. Usually third-party peripherals don't account for things like wrist straps and maybe special backings. With the rechargable battery and hand strap on it fits just fine.

Godfather DOES look like a good game, and I DO want Manhunt 2. If you get a Wii and buy these titles before me, tell me how they turned out. I'm sure Manhunt 2 at least is a decent game. The only Rockstar title I've actually questioned was Table Tennis, but supposedly that's a good game, too.

Well I got my hands on a Wii today...but it's my sister's Christmas present.

Does the Wii Sports pack limit what you could do or does it change anything about the Wii? Because I think my sister wanted something called "Party", but I think my mom got that mixed up with Mario Party 8, which my sister wanted also.

The WiiSports game? Comes with all Wiis. Has such games as bowling, baseball, tennis, golf, and boxing on it. Good for 2-4 people, I wasn't ever much on playing it by myself. WiiPlay((handy because it comes with a Wiimote)) is another good one.

So she likes games like that then? Party games are great. WiiSports, WiiPlay, Mario Party, WarioWare, Super Smash Bros.((Not out yet -.-)), etc.

The WiiSports game? Comes with all Wiis. Has such games as bowling, baseball, tennis, golf, and boxing on it. Good for 2-4 people, I wasn't ever much on playing it by myself. WiiPlay((handy because it comes with a Wiimote)) is another good one.

So she likes games like that then? Party games are great. WiiSports, WiiPlay, Mario Party, WarioWare, Super Smash Bros.((Not out yet -.-)), etc.

So she won't get a WiiMote?

I think your a bit confused... Ok well when you buy a Wii Console it comes bundled with WiiSports, 1 WiiMote and 1 Nunchuck free BUT if you buy WiiPlay at the same time as you get your console (or whenever you get it) then it comes free with another WiiMote which means you can now play Wii with 2 people.

Basically if you buy WiiPlay then you can get a free WiiMote out of it and a small party-ish game for a small price, most people tend to buy WiiPlay when they get their Wii, I know I did.

I think your a bit confused... Ok well when you buy a Wii Console it comes bundled with WiiSports, 1 WiiMote and 1 Nunchuck free BUT if you buy WiiPlay at the same time as you get your console (or whenever you get it) then it comes free with another WiiMote which means you can now play Wii with 2 people.

Basically if you buy WiiPlay then you can get a free WiiMote out of it and a small party-ish game for a small price, most people tend to buy WiiPlay when they get their Wii, I know I did.

Well WiiSport was all they had...

I got Galaxy one day before it's official release. I asked some guy of the shop if they have Galaxy yet and pretended that I didn't know that it wasn't actually released yet. So he said that he'll look and within a minute he came back with Galaxy in his hand. I even got it with 30% off, no idea why though. It takes some getting used to, but after you've got the first 3 stars the game really is awesome. I love it. The story is nothing interesting (like almost every Mario), but the gameplay is great.

I got Galaxy one day before it's official release. I asked some guy of the shop if they have Galaxy yet and pretended that I didn't know that it wasn't actually released yet. So he said that he'll look and within a minute he came back with Galaxy in his hand. I even got it with 30% off, no idea why though. It takes some getting used to, but after you've got the first 3 stars the game really is awesome. I love it. The story is nothing interesting (like almost every Mario), but the gameplay is great.

He shouldn't of done that, the shop could get in real trouble for that...

Question for you guys / gals...

Is there a way to use the wii, so that the display is my PC monitor? Like, instead of being a Scart connection, is there a VGA cable? Or, an adapter at least.

Its just... my TV in my room sux, and my monitor in my room Pwnz.

TV tuner card. They are fairly cheap, I got an ATi tv tuner for like 40 dollars years ago. You hook it up to a PCI port and just plug your video cord in((mine supported the audio video cables and the coaxial jack)). Might come with software for using with it.

• 1 month later...

Hmm quite a big bump

oh well...got a Wii for xmas (wasnt my idea, I was sorta undecided between the 360, PS3 and Wii - I was going to buy a Wii earlier this year (around easter) but got a PSP instead...

So we got Wii (w/wii sports), brain training, extra wiimote and nunchuck, and some accessories pack which came with coloured rubber cases for wiimote + nunchuck, rechargable battery packs for wiimote, coloured wrist strap...Its pretty fun so far, although I'm a bit sick of the Wii sport games, some just get really boring...

I would probably rank them like this: 1.Boxing 2.Golf 3.Bowling 4.Baseball 5.Tennis (played this the most even before having Wii, abit sick of it)

Boxing has now jumped up to 1, since it is a lot of fun. I played my dad in it, and I won (not by much, around 1 full health circle) but it was funny how I won. At the end of the first round his health was only one piece. Then the second round started and I punched, clean shot to the head. Then KO..He was like..hey..but..how did you win in one punch..lol

Edited by WRX22B1998

:o

I too got a Wii for Christmas, and I love it. I have three games, WiiSports, Guitar Hero III and MySims (which is crap), and I personally is loving both of the better games. Boxing and Tennis are my favs on WiiSports and through The fire and Flames and The metal are the better songs on the Guitar Hero.

Just one question, I wanna link it up (The Wii) to the net, without a wireless adaptor? Please help.

If you read the Wii Instructions (operations manual) there are a few things you can do

1. If you have wireless router, then your set

2. If you have wired router, you can buy the Nintendo Wii USB thingy, which will allow you to share net off the computer its plugged into (comp must be on)

3. If you have wired router, and dont wana buy the USB thing, you can buy a converter which converts a LAN connection (ethernet, normal network cable) into USB i think, so then you can plug that into Wii

I was trying to think of a way to get it working by sharing the internet from my laptop (making a adhoc network, then saying "let other users connect through my internet connection" - i was also desperately trying to do this for my PSP, but I think that you have to have a infrastructure type (with a router) for Wii (or PSP for that matter) to pick up any signal

I dont have a wii but its pretty cool. I have a friend who got one for X-Mas and he let me make my Mii last night. It was awesome and my Mii is Retarted! His eyes are under his lips which are under his beard. His mustache is on his forehead and he has oversized glasses that are where his eyes are supposed to be. He has dots for eyebrows and his shirt is pink. he has an AFRO! lolz.

I dont have a wii but its pretty cool. I have a friend who got one for X-Mas and he let me make my Mii last night. It was awesome and my Mii is Retarted! His eyes are under his lips which are under his beard. His mustache is on his forehead and he has oversized glasses that are where his eyes are supposed to be. He has dots for eyebrows and his shirt is pink. he has an AFRO! lolz.

OMFG LoLoRz HE HAS AN AFRO?!?!?111?1!

Anyway, I got Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and Rockstar Table Tennis for X-mas. There all very good.

Oh yes....making Mii's has to be one of the funniest things to do if your playing by yourself....so many times I've made random people with the same name as people i know in real life (usually dont like) and then make them look retarded etc...

I made a person called No.1

He looks like a burglar (thief)...he has a beanie, with black hair underneath, black eyebrows/eyes full facial hair (full beard) and these black tinted glasses (the square ones)....looks so funny..if only you could do a wii screenshot and save to a card so i could show you...

Dont know what to get for next game - want to get SSB:B but what's the release date for AUS? Thinking of getting cooking mama...any opinions on that?

Oh yes....making Mii's has to be one of the funniest things to do if your playing by yourself....so many times I've made random people with the same name as people i know in real life (usually dont like) and then make them look retarded etc...

I made a person called No.1

He looks like a burglar (thief)...he has a beanie, with black hair underneath, black eyebrows/eyes full facial hair (full beard) and these black tinted glasses (the square ones)....looks so funny..if only you could do a wii screenshot and save to a card so i could show you...

Dont know what to get for next game - want to get SSB:B but what's the release date for AUS? Thinking of getting cooking mama...any opinions on that?

SSBB- I think its Feb-April for australia.

Cooking Mama- Very good and alot of recipes and good to learn the recipes. can't wait for cooking mama 2 wii this year!

• 2 weeks later...