Official Nintendo Discussion

Spaz The Great

Yesterday there was some party at a friend's house and there was this big-ass screen with a beamer for Mario Kart Wii.

Now IMO Mario Kart Wii is a step backwards and having it projected so big made it painfully obvious how the Wii really lacks power (very, very low resolution... and that was not because of the beamer), but damn. Tournament. That was loads of fun. 32 tracks and guess what... I won :D So I'm sort of happy about that.

Not sure if I'm actually going to buy the game though... Actually I've got no games planned to buy for my Wii at all, while I've got loads for PC.

Oh, wait. I do. Brawl. But I'm only going to get that when I buy myself my own TV for in my bedroom. 40", 42" like. On the wall and my dad is going to buy me either a sofa or a choach (probably spelt that wrong..), so that should be pretty awesome for weekends (evenings). Still have to wait a few months for that though. Will be in Q1 2009 I think.

Couch lol? Yes tho, Brawl is pretty nice. Use gamecube controllers though, imo that's where it's at. If you're having like a party though, wii contorollers are better coz you can laugh at everyone looking like an idiot swinging the nunchunk. :awesome:

Since when did you have to swing your nunchuck to play Brawl?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if anyone here has heard yet, but Nintendo's got a new model for the DS Lite. Ladies and gentleman, I bring you, the DSi.

"During their Fall Press Conference today, Nintendo have - as expected - announced a new version of the Nintendo DS. Called the Nintendo DSi, it eschews the GBA slot (boo!) in favour of a slight downsizing (it's a little thinner) and a range of improvements. The handheld's screens have been enlarged, and will now be 17% bigger (at 3.25 inches) than those found on the DS Lite. As for the rumoured additions, both have proven to be correct, with 'audio enhancements' made to the handheld, while it will also now include a .3 megapixel (640x480) camera. And that's just the start of it."

"The DSi also features an SD memory card slot, making it possible to take pictures with the DSi and then view them on the Nintendo Wii. The DSi features a built-in browser, and it's possible to download games and keep them on the DSi."

Going to be released in Japan on November 1, and someitime in 2009 for the U.S. Idk, I'm excited. :)

Edited by Nate14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know it's funny, it says on the game that 17 and under can't be properly monitored because of the growing bodies, the radical changes in shape, yada, yada, yada. I only use it to help me train in my own home, it has great exercises. It can't work with me properly, I mean it told me I had a 12 year old body, and I was 'wtf?'.

By the way, I'm pissed that World Tour has sold out, WORLDWIDE, I have to wait till January to buy it for my Wii...stupid Activision.

Edited by Dazza

You know it's funny, it says on the game that 17 and under can't be properly monitored because of the growing bodies, the radical changes in shape, yada, yada, yada. I only use it to help me train in my own home, it has great exercises. It can't work with me properly, I mean it told me I had a 12 year old body, and I was 'wtf?'.

By the way, I'm pissed that World Tour has sold out, WORLDWIDE, I have to wait till January to buy it for my Wii...stupid Activision.

Theres some issues with it, i was playing it in EB in the city (sydney) , and sometimes it will like..lag sorta. like the notes are coming, then it just slows down for a sec, and lags a bit, then speeds up a bit.

this is true for both legit versions (the eb one) and otherwise (does it to me at home)...a bit of a problem i think. gh aerosmith does that to me too, its really annoying.

i heard that rock band / guitar hero drums are terrible. like, they lag, they are unresponsive. my friend said theres like a half second lag between when you hit it and when it picks it up...that sucks lol.

Maybe your friend should calibrate them? :awesome:

Yeah, cuz my Rock Band drums work fine and my cousin's Rock Band 2 + WT drums work perfect as well.

well he didnt have them, he was playing at a store. i noticed the same thing in another store.

Even still, did either of you check the caliberation. <--- Is that a word? :/

if there wasnt an e in it calibration then yes it would be lol.

lol husky dont come in a wii topic and say wii is gay. stupidity of some people *sigh* :P jks

now some random problem has arisen. wii remote works fine on its own, but if i plug in a nunchuk, the nunchuk wont work. same deal for guitar controller. the wii remote works fine on its own, and the accessories work fine on their own too (tested em with another control), so wtf is going on. i guess something with the connection of the add-on to the wii remote but what...and how can i fix it apart from getting a new remote.

Edited by WRX22B1998

• 2 months later...
well my wiimote that was broken is fine now... time heals all :P

heard madworld is ok (the black and white thing)

Lol'd at the black and white reference. Honestly, I've heard quite a bit of hype for the game, but it really isn't appealing to me. Ima have to rent it sometime soon to see how it is. I actually haven't bought a new Wii game in ever. I've just been playing Madden 08 and Twilight Princess a lot. Oh and of course Wii Sports.