New GTA IV Details from PLAY

Chris

play_issue153.jpgIssue #153 of PLAY, the UK publication we reported on last month because of a printing error with the IV logo is now out. The 5 page preview provides a couple of interesting tidbits, in what is otherwise full of information we already know about.

• Niko's cousin Roman is thousands of dollars in debt
  • Niko's mobile phone has the ability to receive text messages and also has a camera which you can take pictures with.
  • In next month's issue (available on 14th June 2007) PLAY will feature an exclusive preview of the game which they are hyping up quite a bit

Thanks to MattyBlog for the scans.

PLAY, the UK publication we reported on last month because of a printing error with the IV logo is now out. The 5 page preview provides a couple of interesting tidbits, in what is otherwise full of information we already know about.
  • Niko's cousin Roman is thousands of dollars in debt
  • Niko's mobile phone has the ability to receive text messages and also has a camera which you can take pictures with.
  • The magazine emphasises how realistic pedestrians reactions are, and how none of them seem to look identical
  • In next month's issue (available on 14th June 2007) PLAY will feature an exclusive preview of the game

Peds stuff we already know about but I really like the idea of text messaging, nice and modern, and the camera bit s excellent but I hope genereal cameras are not axed because of phone cameras.

Isn't the information in Play just what they took from other magazines / the web? I don't see how this can be worth posting. We already know an option on the mobile phone is a camera, so that was just a pretty easy assumption of them, as is the text messages one.

Also, we have heard numerous times that Niko is in thousand of dollars in debt, as is that info on pedestrians, which EVERY preview talked about, though I see you took that down now.

Multiplayer....ahhhhh :D

As long as they have Deathmatch, it will be gr8!

Still no news on swimming yet though...

it would be reatarded if Niko drowns in knee deep water, or can't go below the surface :mellow:

Why are all of the magazines that are coming out telling us the same stuff every time? :(

Because companies set up 1 preview to give to all the magazines that want it, saving themselves time and money. Anything 'new' we get from any mags with the same previews are simply details which other mags failed to mention. That's how it works. Yes it's kinda lame, to get any real new info we have to wait until the next round of previews begin which will be some time next month I'd imagine.

Wait wait wait. Didn't it say recieve, not do text messages......? Well, I think it'll be like informing a mission or something, like Like your girlfriend texting you also. Well, I have the GI mag and I liked it alot. Andd all these new IV stuff, just finished reading them. Good work.

Edit: Sorry but what console(s) will have online play for GTAIV?

Edited by Nate10

Well both PS3 and Xbox 360 have online capabilities so I'm almost 100% sure both of them. The idea of text message s is great and an idea for sending them could be having preset messages like: "I need back up, come now!" (to gang members) or something else. I think this would make the game much more interactable. The camera on the cell sounds nice since we won't have to look for a camera anymore but have it all the time on the phone now. Everything else is old info but still great. :)

Ya, I hope it's more innovative then the SCARFACE cell(which was hella fun) but I thought that it said you can RECEIVE(outdid my self with the highlighting :P) messages. But if I can like type in and say get backup I'm more than happy to take it :)

To tell GTA fans the truth this GTA game so far looks so much different than A GTA I'm scared it won't do great like I have felt to this exact day. And it'll not play like a GTA and literally not be a GTA with all these new weird features that were in The Warriors(sorta) and Mark Echo's getting up and so on. I started to feel more hyped about Halo3 which I've hated(well just disliked them) until' today. Is that something that comes with depression? I've kinda felt depressed lately not to be offtopic....

I feel ashamed to say this too.

Yeah, like the communication options in battlefield 2.

@Nat10

I see what you mean. Too many new feats and a lot of change can lose the spirit of GTA. Personally I think this GTA is going to be a bit steril, with less swearing and less funny ways to kill people, if you know what I mean. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, like the communication options in battlefield 2.

@Nat10

I see what you mean. Too many new feats and a lot of change can lose the spirit of GTA. Personally I think this GTA is going to be a bit steril, with less swearing and less funny ways to kill people, if you know what I mean. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Exactly, but R* is probably/most likely not going to let us down. Have they ever? Cause even GTA Advance was cool for a GBA game lol.

I really doubt if we could SEND text messages, but if we could it would be great but how could you type the text message?

Well I just gave an idea about preset messages that are already there for you and all you have to do is select them from your phone and they would be sent. Here is the post if you actually read it :P

Well both PS3 and Xbox 360 have online capabilities so I'm almost 100% sure both of them. The idea of text message s is great and an idea for sending them could be having preset messages like: "I need back up, come now!" (to gang members) or something else. I think this would make the game much more interactable. The camera on the cell sounds nice since we won't have to look for a camera anymore but have it all the time on the phone now. Everything else is old info but still great. :)

Yeah Nate I can sort of see where you're coming from about being worried about the game but I agree that R* wouldn't let us down on something this big as I said earlier. Can't wait to play the good old but at the same time new GTA. :)

I really doubt if we could SEND text messages, but if we could it would be great but how could you type the text message?

Well I just gave an idea about preset messages that are already there for you and all you have to do is select them from your phone and they would be sent. Here is the post if you actually read it :P

Yeah Nate I can sort of see where you're coming from about being worried about the game but I agree that R* wouldn't let us down on something this big as I said earlier. Can't wait to play the good old but at the same time new GTA. :)

oops sorry I must have been skim reading, if they do use your idea though, I would like to see at least 10 messages you could choose from