TGTAP Downloads Database v1.0

Chris

Yeah, although it still isn't definitely final, but pretty much. POssibly revamping the layout of TGTAP over the summer anyway, I don't know.

Let me know when your ready for that, I'd love to give you some examples of what I would do, and you can decide if you like them or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Major progress has now been made. See the first post for the full check list on what's been done.

Basically today I've finished the whole User CP for the downloads system. See http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/

You of course need to be logged in to your forum account to use it. From there you can manage your files and upload new files. There may be a couple of small bugs but I fixed all the major ones I came across. You CAN start uploading your mods, however I won't necessarily approve them any time soon, as I still have the admin panel to code.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up guys.

I have finished all necessary coding to allow me to fully moderate file submissions and add/edit/delete files and such that I can now launch the new system. I shall probably do this some time tonight, you'll see a news post about it.

I first have to setup the pafiledb page to redirect.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Reopened this pinned topic since it's possible some changes will be made in the near future.

Made a small change today whereby if you already have 2 or more mods approved in our database, any future mods you upload will automatically skip approval, meaning they'll appear straight away on the site.

Also fixed a bug where when you edited a file, line breaks weren't being replaced properly which resulted in unwanted double line spacing.

I'm working on getting a full changelog written up so we can keep track of all changes made to the database script. Since this is reopened you may continue to suggest anything you feel would be a useful change or addition. Please no suggestions of file comments though, it's clearly stated in the first post that it is something we have thought about and are indeed still considering adding, no need to keep on at me ;)

The comments idea seems nice to have, not the best idea, but is pretty essential at some point, especially when someone has a problem and wants it to be resolved by the mod owner/uploader.

I also think we need to have multiple uploads as well. So say someone has made a second mod to go with the first mod, might as well upload both at the same time, that is, if they're complete. It may sound pointless, I know, but it could be useful to those who would be in that type of situation. (I don't think no one would be lol)