ATI x300 Crash GTA:SA

raazman

Ok, I have this very annoying problem. I have an ATI x300 video card w/ 3.2ghz p4, 1 gb ram, 8/80 gb hd left. When I play GTA:SA, it plays fine for about 30 mins. But all of a sudden, when I'm in the middle of the game, my screen turns black. This is what I think is when my gfx card shuts off. I then cant see my screen obviously, so I have to hard-restart. Then everything is normal again. I feel my gfx card and its burning hot. I mean there is no smoke or anything, but its hot. Both my fans are running and I even play Battlefield 2, Counter-Strike: Source, WarRock, America's Army, Enemy Territory: Wofenstein perfectly fine on my computer with my gfx card. The settings are on low, atleast the one in the options->display->advanced->detail? is on low. I have no clue as to why my gfx card does this. I mean, I don't thin this game is too demanding. If anyone knows of a bug in GTA:SA that could be patched or anything, that would be great!

raazman

• 2 months later...
Ok, I have this very annoying problem. I have an ATI x300 video card w/ 3.2ghz p4, 1 gb ram, 8/80 gb hd left. When I play GTA:SA, it plays fine for about 30 mins. But all of a sudden, when I'm in the middle of the game, my screen turns black. This is what I think is when my gfx card shuts off. I then cant see my screen obviously, so I have to hard-restart. Then everything is normal again. I feel my gfx card and its burning hot. I mean there is no smoke or anything, but its hot. Both my fans are running and I even play Battlefield 2, Counter-Strike: Source, WarRock, America's Army, Enemy Territory: Wofenstein perfectly fine on my computer with my gfx card. The settings are on low, atleast the one in the options->display->advanced->detail? is on low. I have no clue as to why my gfx card does this. I mean, I don't thin this game is too demanding. If anyone knows of a bug in GTA:SA that could be patched or anything, that would be great!

raazman

im using the x300 and had screen freeze probs after bout half an hour have u tried deletin the gta.sa.net in the user files so your computer does a hardware rescan when u start the game you will have to set your dislay options again though like detail draw dist and so on coz these reset to default