When would GTAIV for PC be announced, if it is released...

Does someone remember when Rockstar announced the PC versions of the previous GTA's in the past ?

I was wondering, if a PC version will be released, if they shouldnt have already announced it by now.

Its about 6 months to the PS3 release, usually , if i remember correctly, PC versions where released bout 6 months after the Playstation versions in the past.

Just wondering...

GTA 3:

PS2: October 22, 2001

PC: May 20, 2002

GTA VC:

PS2: October 27, 2002

PC: May 12, 2003

GTA SA:

PS2: October 26, 2004

PC: June 7, 2005

That's the North America dates. So GTA IV is likely to be released to be between May and June 2008.

I don`t know if it is true but I`ve heard that GTA San Andreas for PC was announced 16th December 2004... And I`m going to take a guess and say 12th December 2007 will be the magic day, + it is my birthday after all :) no need for a birthday cake if I get this info ...

Edited by Gycu

Our reporting of San Andreas PC + Xbox Announcement - this was posted in Mid-December 2004 - 2 months after the October release.

GTA IV could well be announced for the PC then, but you never know with Rockstar.

EDIT: Well done Gycu you got the date spot on!

EDIT 2: Wow reading my post brings back memories, looks like that was when all the GTA PSP rumours started.

To be honest I don't think that a PC version will ever be announced because of the hot coffe incident and also some hardware problems they are already having, but this is just my opinion.

All they have to do is not put something like Hot Coffee in the game again..... And hardware problems happen, that's mostly because of the consoles. With a PC, they don't have near as many limitations.

So i guess

Announcement about Mid December.

Release about Mid Juin.

Keep fingers crossed.

Rockstar, if you dont release GTAIV for PC , i never buy another game from you <_<

To be honest I don't think that a PC version will ever be announced because of the hot coffe incident and also some hardware problems they are already having, but this is just my opinion.

Hardware problems is on the consoles :)

I'm sure Hot Coffee made them sell 10% more copies.

Edited by balbaro

Exactly what was so bad about hot coffee?? If the players are mature enough to run round killing people, blowing people up, slitting people's throats, then why aren't they mature enough to see a sex scene? Just a lot of media hype to sell more newspapers and increase viewing ratings! I hope they do it again in defiance, lke the POSTAL team did with POSTAL2! :D