Well the reason in not allowing it is to stop people from abusing it's use. Same as why not every member can access the admin panel obviously. Not everyone can be trusted to use the functions correctly.

Elites and staff can delete their own posts, other can't (although you probably know that) and I don't see a reason why it's needed. If you make a mistake thats fine, if it's a big deal, which it usually isn't, it will be removed. If not, it's not a problem.

So can't help you with that. But your PC isn't messing up. It's you. Sometimes it shows loading and just doesn't do anything. Don't press add reply again. It somehow doesn't get picked up by the flood control and then you'll get 2 posts or more depending on the amount of times you clicked add reply. Instead just refresh.

Well the reason in not allowing it is to stop people from abusing it's use. Same as why not every member can access the admin panel obviously. Not everyone can be trusted to use the functions correctly.

Elites and staff can delete their own posts, other can't (although you probably know that) and I don't see a reason why it's needed. If you make a mistake thats fine, if it's a big deal, which it usually isn't, it will be removed. If not, it's not a problem.

How can you abuse it? Its just deleting a post? It wont ruin anything, and I don't think members will keep deleting their post all the time.

Edited by Charger

There are many types of abuse, what Jace said is just one of them. Another would be locking your own topics when someone disagrees with you, or editing your topics title to attract more attention. Or my personal favorite, making a post to irritate a large array of people then removing it and making it look like nothing happened.

I Think this Idea is a bad idea because oo many members will have access to the delete post button. I agree with Jared, Its only a Double Post when the server crashes when posting so Who Cares not a lot of Members Retalliate to Double posts anyway, So whats the point

If you do make a double post, it will automatically merge it with the last post you made IF its within a short period of time. I will demonstrate this by replying to this post...

And this is now another post, replying to my previous one.

For future reference, I believe the short period is about 5-10 minutes.

Another would be locking your own topics when someone disagrees with you

Well I did that once, kindda. With Silberio just to show that I can. But I reopended it with in 5 hours or so (as soon as I was on again). It was in forum fun and games. So is that abusing too?