Buying new mouse

#1 canuck fan

For that kinda price... It might be worth considering a saitek gamer's mouse. I bougth mina about 6 months ago, and it's bloody fantastic. Comes with 3 customiseable buttons, which can be programmed using the supplied software, saved in profiles, and changed with all of 2 clicks. It has a 1600 dpi button, which almost doubles mouse sensitivity and movement. cool. The 'feet' on it are brilliant, even without a mat the is little friction, allows for great movement. Also great design, comfy as you like. I's a shame you can't adjust the weights like in the G5. Honestly, its worth the consideration... Blue LED's are cool...

But yeah, my mates bro does web design, and he uses it for image edting and all kindsa shit... He's thrilled with it....

Just offering up some alternatives.

Note: saitek also produce keyboards, lke logitech, the range isn't nearly as good, but they have style AND susbtance, plus LED backlighting. Most major sellers will sell them, online definitley, but on the street? i dunno.

G5 isn't wireless if I'm not mistaken. I tend to hold the mouse in all awkward positions and usually horizontal under de left side of my keyboard. If you don't care about wireless I'd go for the G5, otherwise go for their MX serie. I've got one and it's great. They look a little big but it's perfect for your hand and IMO also for gaming.

I would have preferred an optical/laser mouse, with a scroller and stuff, since ball-driven mice are becoming oldschool nowadays, as you have to clean it once you feel a little resistance when moving it. I'm not an advocate of the wireless mouse, though... Maybe a wired, optical gaming mouse would do for you, Vista; I've seen mouse pads that are made for graphic artists and gamers - most of them are made from aluminum or stainless steel. It's more expensive than the fabric/vinyl ones, but it provides a better surface for laser mice. Stainless ones are a little crapshoot for radio controlled mice; they are best suited for wired ones, while the aluminum ones can be used for any mouse...

@Chris: That's the exact one I want to buy. So you can controll audio on the keyboard, right? And how does the mouse perform for FPS?

Yeah the keyboard is awesome for music controls, I use them literally everyday. As for the mouse, I don't play many FPS games, but I would imagine it's awesome. When I first used the mouse it was so sensitive and moved so fast around the screen I actually had to turn the sensitivity down so it didn't move so fast.

And yes with a laser mouse you don't really need a mousemat or anything, mine's just next to my keyboard.

I don't really care for wireless mice. Some people with slower computers may be glad of a wired mouse. Your system slowing down, and your wirelss reciever not resonding right can be a real letdown. Only know it hapen a couple of times, but if you really care that much... ^_^

I don't find the wire a hassle really, neither on the keyboard or mouse...

The G5 is a good choice IMO, i think i mentioned before

*checks*

Yeah i did.

• 2 weeks later...

Logitech MX518 pwns, I have it, I get so many more kills in Counter-Strike now, you can change sensitivity to whatever you want any time.

Plus, you see those two buttons on the side with the arrows? That's right, web browsing back and forward. And you can change them to do whatever you want, so a total of 8 buttons, six are customizable.

Get it. And use the USB>PS/2 adapter, USB is for the sux with mice.