graphic card!

Carlsberg

64 MB? That was little three years ago and still is.

Have a minimum of 256 buddy.

I'd go for nVidia. No specific reason, just like 'em better.

Edit: and why the heck would you not like watercooling? Gives you the ablility to overclock alot and have it stay 10 C under it's normal point.

76000? That's new. Since when did they use 5 digits :P

Sorry, its a 7600.

To be honest I don't know if its good or not. I'm an idiot when it comes to computer parts.

So Ram, listen to Jace. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. ^_^

TBH, just 6 months ago I was a total n00b when it came to these type of things.

It's a pretty old card but it looks ok to play these days games on medium/low settings with a low reso.

How much was is? A 8600 is just a little over 150 EUR so you might have been better of with that.

GeForce 5500 w/ 256 RAM. Runs good, Looks good for all my GTAs, SA flies.

Not the biggest or fastest, but a lot easier on your wallet.

That card fucking sucks, and if he's buying a new pc, he should be able to spring for a decent card.

And when you say "SA flies," you probably mean at a lower resolution with no Anti-Aliasing and Visual FX on low.

I have an x1800GTO, it owns, and I can't wait until the GDDR4 x2000s are released, will rape even the mightiest 8800.

And the majority of video cards are not pre-overclocked, and if they are, that doesn't necessarily make them better. I mean if you have SysTool and decent cooling then fuck the pre-overclocked cards.

Untill know the GDDR 3 of nVidea is still faster then the fastest ATI card with GDDR 4. Not sure, but I don't thing the GDDR type makes that big difference.

ATi hasn't released their GDDR4 cards yet, dood. And no difference between GDDR3 and GDDR4? Try double the memory bandwidth.

As of today the US dollar is worth about .7 Euro & .505 British Pound on Yahoo finance. If you're on a budget a used

5500 will save you some, but if you can afford the better cards, get those.

FX5500

That's $64.

That's $58. And it's a much better card. (Not 'good' by my standards, but a hell of a lot better than that FX5500.

ATi hasn't released their GDDR4 cards yet, dood. And no difference between GDDR3 and GDDR4? Try double the memory bandwidth.

I'm positive that their last gen had a few GDDR4 cards, and the 8800 GTX was more powerfull then those in crossfire..

*looks up info about GDDR4*

I have an ATI Radeon X1300PRO card, i would reccomend if youre just using your somputer for simple gaming, getting a nVidia 8600GTS next week, damn am i the only one on this forum that has ATI?

- nabo45

Edited by nabo45

Chris (the other one) also has an ATi card.

I had an nVidia in my last PC and I hated it, always showing weird colors and artifacts even though it wasn't overheating and the drivers were up to date.

Want to know why ATi is awesome?

AtiSushi04.jpg

AtiSushi05.jpg

AtiSushi07.jpg

AtiSushi10.jpg

All rendered in real time on my card with anti-aliasing, depth of field, etc...