I feel there will be snow

I dont think this was posted, but i have researched. every screen shot shows people bundeled up in heavy winter clothes.

i think it winter in this game, if not all seasons

i think there will BE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you heard it from me first bitches

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the guy that talks like an 8 year old, the civilians in GTA3 wore winter clothing as well,, but there was no snow there. Snow is a hard thing to program, and as yet, it hasn't been confirmed by any actual preview, so it's currently not too likely, but perhaps it's something they're working on now? I sure hope so, everybody wants snow, but you don't have any evidence yet, and if it does turn out they've included snow, we won't care that you guessed it.

Did that mod just make the ground white (like the tundra mod for SA)? That is easy enough to do, but actually making snow that falls and piles up on the ground is harder. Don't forget that it will affect the way you drive and walk, including the sounds and everything. The extreme cold might even stop certain mechanical things working.

That is gonna be quite hard. BUT I think they're going to do it.

Well Rockstar did hint at snow with Liberty City Stories and since that was the last GTA game with Liberty City...maybe that's exactly what Rockstar was getting at. I think they wanted to see how we'd react with it. So maybe it's not because of the clothing they wear in the screenshots, but because they've already given us a little sample of what they could do with it. I mean...why would they do that if they weren't going to end up improving it? I don't expect seasons, but I do expect it to snow from time to time in GTAIV since they tend to have their games based in October, it's release month.

You heard a better excuse as to why it'd snow in GTAIV from me first...pricks. :thumbsup:

you heard it from me first bitches

No, we didn't. It was discussed before. I think there will be snow, and like OGTAM said, Liberty City Stories was the only GTA game to have snow (even though it was only on certain levels on a side-mission) so it is possible. It would be better for it to pile up in the roads to make it more realistic on a cold, winter day.

What happened in LCS that hinted it? It'd be really cool if R* put snow in it, it's just be cool to drive around it in and find little ponds frozen and stuff. I wonder what else they could do?

You heard pondering from me first... turds. :P

Oh never mind I Rashon posted a second before me.

Edited by Artur

What happened in LCS that hinted it? It'd be really cool if R* put snow in it, it's just be cool to drive around it in and find little ponds frozen and stuff. I wonder what else they could do?

You heard pondering from me first... turds. :P

If you got up to I think level 9 in the Car Salesman side mission in Portland it'd start to snow to make the mission a little more difficult. The roads would become slippy and shit. You would have to get up to level 9 the first try I think because I got up to level 9 after I had already beaten it and it didn't snow.

snow is hard to make (the pshysics) but if it´s in the game there would be snowplows and tratcors with salt and thats just a waste of time to make ( would´nt mind plowing ppl down) so i dont think there will be snow....

You would never see the one vehicle that made those tracks on the beach in Vice City...so why would there have to be a snowplow and salt truck? The snowplow would have the salt in it so there wouldn't need to be 2 vehicles for that anyways if they added it in. Hell, they don't even need to have the snow pile up, just have it like the little sample they had in LCS.

snow is hard to make (the pshysics) but if it´s in the game there would be snowplows and tratcors with salt and thats just a waste of time to make ( would´nt mind plowing ppl down) so i dont think there will be snow....

I've played a lot of games that have had snow in it...A number of football games have snow and I played Tekken 5, which had a level of snow. It looked real. I don't think it would be hard to do.

well theyre trying as hard as hell to make everything pretty. so if there IS snow, im guessing its going to look very good cuz rockstar isnt settling for ok with gta iv.

i dont think it would be too hard. they made it rain. and the handling changed when it rained. and they made the ground reflective. thats alot harder than making the ground slowly turn white. it would be hard to make snow piles and stuff but besides that its not that hard.

People have to realise, snow isn't just about making the ground look white, the difficulties that need to be addressed if it's to be done right:

- Snow will need to build up on the ground, objects, and sides of buildings, taking into account wind

- Vehicle engines may not perform normally

- Car physics will of course be affected, the ground will be slippery, you may loose control on a slope or just glide into stuff if it's ice

- Roads in more use will have less snow building up and different physics

- An entirely new sound archive for car tires and walking sounds

- "Steam" has to come from people's mouths

- There is a point of snow depth at which cars won't work at all, or people may not be able to walk

- People would slip around or fall over :D

You see, it really isn't that easy and would put a heavy loading on the console, maybe too much of a loading given how vast GTAIV is!

People have to realise, snow isn't just about making the ground look white, the difficulties that need to be addressed if it's to be done right:

- Snow will need to build up on the ground, objects, and sides of buildings, taking into account wind

- Vehicle engines may not perform normally

- Car physics will of course be affected, the ground will be slippery, you may loose control on a slope or just glide into stuff if it's ice

- Roads in more use will have less snow building up and different physics

- An entirely new sound archive for car tires and walking sounds

- "Steam" has to come from people's mouths

- There is a point of snow depth at which cars won't work at all, or people may not be able to walk

- People would slip around or fall over :D

You see, it really isn't that easy and would put a heavy loading on the console, maybe too much of a loading given how vast GTAIV is!

With all the new physics shit they're using, they'll be able to do all that. I'm not saying snow is definitely going to be in GTAIV, but I am saying that what you're saying isn't a reason as to why Rockstar would leave snow out of GTAIV. It's very possible, but they might be saving this feature for another GTA game if they're not going to have it in GTAIV.