I feel there will be snow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at the beginning I had a positive attitude regarding snow in GTA 4 but now I doubt it ... Because

We all know the game will use other engines, that`s why they took out character customization ( like in SA ) and what makes you think you`ll have seasons ( which are kind of like "environement customization" ) when they took out player customization ?

oh come on TDOG its the 20th centuary.

if there isn't any snow in Gta IV then i'll eat my hat. :rolleyes:

gently caress YOU, its the 21st Century, Dumbass!

*ahem*

You should eat you r hat for that little doozie anyhow....

hehe

I still think there will be snow, but maybe only in a mission or 2, but it'll be very well done all the same.

i supose if the snow just appeared after a cutscene and it always just stayed at a certain thickness (snow doesnt get deeper or melt) it cud work. they already said they wudnt allow player customization because they had the physics just right so i dont think they wud have the snow depth change either

i dont think they wud make it appear after a cutscene either because they said there wudnt be any load screens or any interuptions after the first load (but maybe theyll surprise us)

Edited by tdog07029

oh come on TDOG its the 20th centuary.

if there isn't any snow in Gta IV then i'll eat my hat. :rolleyes:

gently caress YOU, its the 21st Century, Dumbass!

*ahem*

You should eat you r hat for that little doozie anyhow....

hehe

I still think there will be snow, but maybe only in a mission or 2, but it'll be very well done all the same.

oops y daisy.

But im glad you agree, what with all this new tech we've got.

im sure it wont be a problem to add snow.

Btw my hat was especially deliciouses. :yup:

Edited by Freestyle185

i dont think they wud make it appear after a cutscene either because they said there wudnt be any load screens or any interuptions after the first load (but maybe theyll surprise us)

That is another thing that needs to be addressed. The load time. If there is only one loading time, at the beginning of the game, it could be huge! I' m talking 10-15 minutes. I know that R* would'nt do that to us, so I mean how is this gonna work?

That is another thing that needs to be addressed. The load time. If there is only one loading time, at the beginning of the game, it could be huge! I' m talking 10-15 minutes. I know that R* would'nt do that to us, so I mean how is this gonna work?

the ps3's processor is far more advance than ps2 or xbox so any normal load time on that platform would be instant to it. so i have to conclude that if it took around 10- 15 minutes to load IV on a PS2 or XBOX it

would take the PS3 less than a minute!