Perfect PS3

mvi

I think the new HD DVD's use the blu-ray. Not sure though. I also heard about the download rumor. I heard you buy a small disc that you pop in and install the game from online, then that disk won't work anymore. A anti-piracy thing, no doubt. But it would suck. Just like those damn X-Boxs, you'd have to take your whole machine to your friends house. :pissed:

apparently the ps3 is backing a new fing called blu-ray, it replaces dvd, but all thre major hollywood film studios are backing summin else up called hddvd, and that will be like a format war, and me end up not being bale to play the latest hollywoood films, and there ois a rumour it wont need discs, you will download it, this magazine has loads of info, but the disc rumour might not be true, seeing as the design has a disc

Here's a PS3 essay:

The PS3 will be using a joint CPU called "the Cell" from Toshiba and IBM.

It will use blu-ray discs with have extremely high capacitys. (A double layer blu-ray disc holds 54GB of info, San Andreas is on a 7.5 GB disc, so imagine the games)

The Xbox, oddly enough, will be using Apple's G5 chip and an Ati Graphics card. (I.E. they have abadoned Intel and nVidia)