Liberty City: The Worse Place to Live; My Life Story!

Hi All,

This story is about my fictional character story living in Liberty City. I used some actual gameplay events intertwind w/my story. So Enjoy!! Oh & please leave feedback. I will be posting this story in chapters. The story is over 20 pages long in Windows Word, so I'll post a page or two per chapter.

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to this game. I’m just borrowing some names, locations, events, & objects (like vehicles & weapon’s names), from Rockstar Games. I’m not making a profit off this story! I do have many of my own characters in this story as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty City: The Worse Place to Live; My Life Story!

Chapter #1

Hi! My name is Robert Schmitt. I was born in the “Red Light District” of Portland, in the winter of 1960. My father (Mr. Bob O’ Stevens) owned a deli on Front Street. My mother (Ms. Dorothy “Dolly” Schmitt) was an exotic dancer. They never married. After I was born Ma’ quit her job. She had saved up enough $$$ to last. We lived in a small apartment above Pay N’ Spray in the Red Light District, on Front Street. These streets were controlled by the Forelli gang.

-Things were really bad. There were bombings, protests, riots, & even Mob Wars! The rival between the Leone Family & the Forelli Family was brutal. I was six years old when I met Tommy Vercetti. Tommy had a rough life. He always looked after me though. Tommy was an enforcer/soldier for the Forelli Crime Family.

-1970: “The State of Liberty has announced that Liberty City is the worse city in the state, to live in”.

For a few years now I had been working @ Valerie Vinchaznii, parking cars & running small earns for Wave. (A local Italian restaurant, owned by the Forelli Family) Wave was the name of a made man named Mike Zazzio, who was with the Forelli Family.

-May 20th Armed Forces Day: 3 big military contractor buildings in Portland were destroyed by angry civilians due to the conflict over in Nam.

-September: a small organization starts to protest against the use of fright trains through Liberty City. The Leone Family took 12 territories from the Forelli’s.

-1971: The Forelli gang really put a hurting on Don Salvatore Leone’s crew & territories. By the end of the year the Forelli gang had taken all Portland gang territorries exept for three. Those gangs w/thire territorries are the Triads/China Town, Leone Family/Saint Marks, & the Diablos/Hepburn Heights.

-1972: The feds had been surveying the Forelli Family for years, now.

-January: the FBI arrested Tommy & 12 other Forelli gang members for the murders of some Leone Family gang members. Tommy was sentenced to jail. I was @ his court hearing & trial. The system gave my best friend 25 years, & would be up for parole in 15. I would visit him in jail, as much as I could.

-March 3rd, 4th, & the 5th: Violent protests (against the Nam conflict) erupted throughout the city. In many places the cops were out numbered 20-1. Some guy burned my father’s bakery down because he found out that my father was pro war. My father served in WWII.

While Tommy was doing time, I got a several promotions & by my 21st birthday I was in running a small Betting Stand. I was making the Forelli Family a lot of money, but @ the same time the Family was starting to loose territory & respect, due to the Leone Family.

-1980: “The State of Liberty has announced that Liberty City is STILL the worse city in the state, to live in”.

-February: My 21st birthday was awesome. I was given an apartment & an auto of my choice, by the Forelli Family. I chose the 1982 Bobcat. I was given an apartment near the Portland Docks cause, that’s were the Family wanted & needed me to be. Apparently Tommy had asked “the Family” if they could move me to a safer location due to the inside info that he gave the “Family about the police raiding the Betting shack, amongst others. The day after my transfer the police & FBI raided the Betting shack.

-1985:

-January 18th: There was a really bad train accident in Trenton. A Freight train carrying coal, grain, beef, & oil, collided w/a tractor trailer hauling Redwood Logs from San Andreas. The train derailed & spilled its loads into on coming traffic. A 15 auto pileup caused a fire @ the Zip Warehouse (Now, Joey’s Garage).

-December 5th: The biggest & bloodiest heist in the country took place. “Wave” had heard from his brother-in-law (whose the manager of Jaunk Airlines, Francis International Airport), said that the airlines is going to have a shipment of untraceable bills (money) flown in from London. $2.0 million was to be expected @ the airport’s cargo terminal. The heist had 5 phases.

Phase 1: 3 cars & 1 van would be used in the heist. The first car would enter the airport 30 min. before the heist, for surveillance. The second car would fallow the van into the airport @ 3:00 a.m. The fourth car would be sitting @ a garage in Fort Staunton, waiting for the “cash car” (the van), to arrive w/the money to be transferred to that car. The cash car would be parked 2 the rear of the terminal. Car 2 would sit to the right of the terminal w/its lights off, & car 1 was stationed @ the main entrance to the airport.

Phase2: There was a crew of 10. 6 men dressed in nondescript dark clothing & wearing black ski masks would enter the cargo terminal & roundup, handcuff, & blindfold the 8 people working their that night.

Phase 3: They would find Jeff Tones (the night manager) & force him to deactivate the alarm system & lead the crew into the security vault.

Phase 4: The manager would then be forced to open the rear security door. Then they would handcuff, & blindfold him & put him in the lunchroom w/his employees. They would then tell the captives to stay seated for @ least 20 min. This was because the brother-in-law said that the Liberty Port Authority could not only seal off the airport in 90 seconds, but that they could also raise the Shoreside Lift Bridge & shut down the fairies as well.

Phase 5: The cash car & the other 2 cars would leave the airport, cross the Shoreside Bridge, & meet @ a garage in Fort Staunton. The cash would be transferred to car 3. The van would be driven to the car crusher in Harwood, but if the fairies are shut down then it would be torched, then sunk. Both car 1 & car 2 would then have their plates changed.

Depending on their roles in the heist, the crew was to receive $10,000 – $50,000. However, those amounts were based on the $2.0 million. The Brother-in-law was to receive a flat 15% of the take.

Final preparations were made a few days before the heist. The crew set off for the cargo terminal, arriving just before 3:00 a.m. on Friday, December 15.

Instead of 5 men in the van, as originally planed, there were six. This last men was Papie “the tongue” Staxx, a made man of the Forelli Family. I knew Staxx from the Portland Docks, he was the problem solver their. He got his name when his rival cut out his tongue. Staxx knew Tommy very well. Since my transfer to the docks, Staxx has been looking out for me.

It was a cold, cold night, & snowing. The 8 men got out of car 2 & the cash car & they climbed the stairs to the entrance on the second floor. Meanwhile the van repositioned itself to the rear of the terminal. Once inside, the crew began quietly rounding up the workers. From what I read in the paper, it said that the only two ways to sound the Port Authority alarm, is to tap the alarm or by using a “red” phone. All but 1 employee were found. The only one left was a security guard, but know one knew were he was. @ This point the crew was behind schedule.

So they got the manager to disable the alarm, open the vault, but before he could open the rear door, the guard ambushes the crew. Armed w/a shotgun & a revolver, the guard began shooting & taking cover. He supposedly took down two crew members before Staxx sliced his throat. Before the guard ambushed the crew he knocked out a crewmember & freed the captives. As the crewmembers that were getting the money came out of the vault w/2 dolly loads of cash, they saw a few employees quietly rushing to the main cargo doors.

Wave knew if they escaped that they might get help before the crew leaves. So he & another crewmember shoot them dead. After that, they search & kill the rest of the workers. Without the rear security door open, the crew must carry in the cash upstairs, down the hall, & down the outside staircase, to the Cash Car. It took them a few min. to finish.

Then a security car pulled up alongside the Cash Car. Before the guards could do/say anything, a crewmember sprayed the security car w/an Uzi, killing the guards. The gang then left the airport & crossed the Shoreside Lift Bridge, w/no other problems. Once @ the garage, the gang transferred the cash to car 1, car 2, & car 4. Then they changed all the plates, including the van. By this time though, the Liberty Port Authority had shut down all waterways. The crew sends 2 guys to drive the van to a back alleyway in Newport to torch the van.

By morning, the press was all over the heist. The crew thought that they were stealing $2.0 million, but they had actually stolen $8.5 million, making this the largest heist in this county’s history.

The robbery pulled in several different law enforcement agencies.

I also got a small raise from Staxx as well. I wasn’t “their”, but I guess he thought I could use it, so….

Edited by M1 Garand

--Chapter #2--

-1986: Tommy was out & on parole. It was great to see him. A couple days later Sonny Forelli sends Tommy & 2 other guys down south to Vice City. Sonny wanted Tommy to purchase some drugs, for the gang to sell, but the deal went south & Tommy had to stay down their longer than we thought.

-1987:

-February 12th: Within 2 days the city received 3 ½ feet of snow. Staxx drove me to a meeting w/Sonny. The meet took place @ a Forelli hangout place in the Red Light District. Sonny told me that as of October, I would be in charge of his “Card Game” on Front Street (Right across from my father’s bakery). During the drive back to my apartment, we were ambushed a Leone Family Hit Squad. Staxx’s ’43 Hustler was crippled by the M-16 & M-60 gunfire. If it wasn’t for the bullet proof cot pit we would be dead. The cops were paid off, so there was no help from them & we were traveling through St. Marks, so… We bailed out & ran into a deli. The bad thing was that it had no back or side exit. I wasn’t armed & Staxx only had his Desert Eagle w/2mags. The hit squad was a 6 man team. 3 guys carried M-16s, 1 guy had a M-60, & the other 2 guys had Uzis.

Just before the hit team unloaded their guns into the store I found a hidden passage. Staxx led the way & I followed him. The passage started in the storage room & ended @ a safe house on Jennings Ave (Near the Ammu-Nation in Portland). The safe house was occupied by the Leone gang. We exited the pantry & quietly searched for an exit. Meanwhile, the hit squad knew where we were & phoned the safe house. Staxx hid me in the bathroom while he took care of the situation. The only thing that I heard was the gunshots from Staxx gun & the sound of bodies falling. In all I heard 12 gunshots & 12 bodies fall down to the floor. Though, during the gunfight the phone rang & I heard a guy in the room above me answer it. Then I heard the 12th guy get shot & fall to the floor. Staxx yelled to me to get the keys from the kitchen table & meet him in the garage. There was a Leone Sentinel parked in the garage, we left & we got back to my place safely. Staxx had stashed the Sentinel in a storage garage in Newport, Staunton.

-June: Tommy was really creating havoc down south. So Sonny & 50 or so hit men fly down their to reason w/Tommy. I know Tommy better then that schmuck, Sonny Forelli. It was Tommy against the Farelli Family.

Once the news of Sonny’s death hit home the Leone Family made its move against the Forelli gang territories. In the end of the 2 month battles, the Leone Family had won back their gang territories & kicked the Farelli Family out of Portland. It was @ that time that I left the Forelli Family, because I had no one to answer to, no boss, and no nothing. I had lost most everything. I lost my car, my apartment & my mother due to a brutal mugging. I had her buried @ Portland Veterans Cemetery.

-August 2nd: I get a phone call from Tommy. He wanted me to be his best man @ his wedding. He sent a plane to pick up Staxx & I. Staxx had agreed to watch over me from now on. We arrived @ Escorbar International Airport & were picked up by a Maverick helicopter & were flown to the rooftop helipad @ 1102 Washington Street, Washington Beach. It is one of a few apartment complexes that Tommy owns. Staxx & I got our own separate penthouse their. Tommy gave us a security detail, but they were more like babysitters/prison guards, because Tommy wasn’t sure if we were still the same people he knew from the past.

-November: By now Tommy had seen that we were not a threat to him/his family. We caught-up on old times, & talked about the future.

-December 2nd: Staxx was killed by a hit N’ run driver, on 0034 Ocean Blvd. He was 65 years old. Big Mitch Baker’s gang found the punk who killed Staxx. Tommy drove me down to the junkyard where the punk was being held. The guy said “I’m not F***k’en sorry that I killed some poor old man. I probably did him a favor.” My anger was @ its boiling point, & he continued to say; “I move for no one, that old basturd was in my way, so….” WHACK!!! WHACK!!! WHACK!!! WHACK!!!........ (I just lost it. I kept hitting that punk ass guy) Tommy was shocked!! He had never seen me use violence before. To be honest, that was my first time. Never in the past had I been/used violence before. The punk was barely breathing by the time I had stopped. I stood up, looked @ Tommy, & looked back into the punk’s bloody eyes. With out notice, Tommy pulled his Colt .45 (from his shoulder holster) & shouted “FOR PAPIE STAXX MOTHA’ f**KER”! BOOM!!!!! With one shot, Tommy had killed the punk.

-February 1st 1988: Staxx’s Will was dealt with. Apparently Tommy was to inherit everything that Staxx owned.

The List:

1. His apartment

2. His money (A Million Dollars)

3. His car (A Forelli Express)

4. His storage garage belongings &

5. Everything else that he owned.

The Placement: Tommy sold Staxx’s apartment & had only what furnishing that he wanted shipped to him & sold the rest. Tommy gave my half of the Million Dollars & gave the other half to Mercedes. Tommy had the Sentinel & the Express destroyed. Tommy had all of the weapons from Staxx’s storage garage shipped to him. Tommy asked me if I wanted anything of Staxx’s stuff. I said “sure”! I took the Desert Eagle, the machete w/belt-looped sheath, the Ruger, & the deed to the Newport Pay N’ Spray.

-July 3rd: I had set-up Tommy’s bachelor party @ the Pole Position, nothing’ to fancy, just a private strip party featuring Bangkok Betty, Mandy Melons, & Sunshine Sandy.

-July 4th: The wedding was spectacular. The wedding & reception both took place @ the Vercetti Mansion. My wedding present to them was a new state-of-the-art, secure Mansion.

The Details:

1. Two more acres than there existing nine acres.

2. A 15,000sqft Mansion.

3. A riding stable.

4. Half stone/gravel half paved driveway w/a two story parking garage, attached to the mansion.

5. A new ten ft. high steel/concrete wall, used as the property/perimeter wall.

6. A two acre wooded Fun Park. An off road adventure trail.

7. A small runway w/hanger attached to the mansion.

8. A new U shaped bay.

The demolition of the old mansion was scheduled for January 1st 1991. I & Tommy’s top officers spent about a year arranging all the extra security for 3 safe houses for the Vercetti Family. The main house would was their Elswanko Casa, but we made preparations for them @ Links View Apartments, + we had Mercedes old place converted into a canal patrol station w/a Sea Sparrow on the Helipad. We named the base “The watch N’ pad”.

April 7th 1989: I bought a small house for myself located @ 20 Clad Shack Lane, Washington Beach. The house was a nice but small place. It had a total of 1400sqf of living space. The garage was not attached to the house. It was a safe neighborhood, safe enough for me to have my Godchildren over w/no guards.

October 17th 1990: Tommy & Mercedes made me Godfather to all three of their kids. (Over the years I tried to be there for them & do thing they wanted to do, but eventually Chris & Joseph just didn’t want to do a lot of things w/me. On the other hand, V loved to see me & loved spending time w/me)