Show us your guns!

Urbanoutlaw

Should weapons pictures be allowed?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's acceptable to post pictures of your guns

• Sure, people here can be trusted to act responsibly
    • No, this might be a bad influence.
    • OMG YOU CRAZY AMERICANS ARE RUINING THE CHILDREN IN THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!

• 2 months later...

holy shit i never knew there was gun topic , now im excited

i have a rimfire Taurus LBR. dont have a pic of mine at hand so i just grabbed this one off google.

DSCN1131.jpg

its exactly the same as that, but without the counter weight. (i cut that off because it looked crap). i usually go to my uncles farm and shoot rabbits with it.

pistols are banned here in the UK, but we have a way of getting around that, we just make the barrels longer so they are classed as a rifle :lol:

even though this topic is all about guns i can't resist...i bought this katana a while back at a heafty price of about 30$, considering it's the chinese, stainless steal "DEFENDER" model, regular issue on private body guards. of course imported. Since i'm not old enough to buy a gun might as well have something if someone were to break into my house considering all the drunk and homeless in this world.

IMG_0610.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

Edited by ZEI

Swords are cool, so sure.

Back in my pizza days, I kept a cheap Katana in the back of my truck (F-150 Super Cab) when I was working.

People might expect the 45, but you jump out w/ a sword & they think you're nuts. Then they tend to leave you alone.

Right now I don't have a practicle way to get pics from my camera to my PC, when I do I'll post my Klingon Bat'leth ($65 at a

gun show).

Best of both worlds, anybody seen one of these -

http://julia.hanovercomputer.com/firearms/...ights/50966.jpg

Swords are cool, so sure.

Back in my pizza days, I kept a cheap Katana in the back of my truck (F-150 Super Cab) when I was working.

People might expect the 45, but you jump out w/ a sword & they think you're nuts. Then they tend to leave you alone.

Right now I don't have a practicle way to get pics from my camera to my PC, when I do I'll post my Klingon Bat'leth ($65 at a

gun show).

Best of both worlds, anybody seen one of these -

http://julia.hanovercomputer.com/firearms/...ights/50966.jpg

your a freakin' genius man! :worship: haha nice one. yea i've been practicing for a while now. i'm wishing to get a job as a Chinese food(no racial comment intended) delivery boy and have the sword sheathed on ma back and make deliveries. since it's not a knife and considered a display item in some cases they're okay to have in a car or at home while the sheath is on. ps, that has to be the coolest bayonette i've seen in my life. B)

Edited by ZEI

I'm thinking of buying a gun...maybe a Colt Python. I'll admit that Vice City influenced the idea of me getting a Colt Python quite a bit, but that doesn't mean I'll go on rampages and shit...LOL.

I'll just have it for show, maybe to start a collection or just something to have laying around just in case some of my friends and I want to play a drinking game...(JK)

I like the Colt M4 as well. :D

Realistically, the only thing most of us will ever shoot will be small game & targets. With a little luck, we'll never have to take

arms in our own defense.

A video game isn't much of an endorsement, but it's hard to go wrong w/ the Python. Stick to factory loads & you'll be fine.

If you do get into reloading, stick w/ a good reloading manual (Lee's or Hornaday) & follow to the letter for powder & charges.

If you want insano loads, you want a single action Ruger, basis for the .454 casull among others.

The M4 will be pricey, but it's based on the AR-15/M-16 so you'll get what you pay for (a good rifle).

smallpancake - The M4 is currently $759 for a base model & $929 from Olympic arms (thought they'd be more), plus

dealer mark-up. Around here dealers usually want $50 + cash up front to handle the deal, but you have everything nice &

legal, so no headaches (unless you do something retarded w/ the gun when you get it).

Got connection back up, printer is still fubar but the card reader works.

By popular demand, East meets West -

ARAK.jpg

My AK (upper) & AR-15 (lower). Both semi-auto.

The AK was marked "SLR" (Self Loading Rifle) to get around an assault rifle ban in the early '90s, just a basic AK-47 fitted

w/ a thumbhole stock since the ban applied to "pistol grip" weapons. Since it was listed as a SLR instead of an AK, it got

right in. The milled receiver accepts all AK magazines including the 75 round drum I have in storage & it fires the standard

7.62x39 "Warsaw pact" round, bought cheaply at any sporting goods or gun store. I think Wal Mart even stocks them.

Quick search found 200 rounds of Wolf mil spec ammo on SKS "stripper" clips for $22.

The ban has since expired & was not renewed. Bought New in box for $450, low price at the time for an AK.

The AR is a PWA (aftermarket) lower receiver & a mil spec E-2 upper & pretty much self explanatory. It has a forward

assist (button just behind the ejection port) to help push the bolt into position then it's dirty, the main cause of jamming

when it was first issued, a simple but effective solution. The 5.56 NATO round is ballistically & dimensionally identical

to the civilian .223, the primary difference being that the 5.56 is discolored at the neck from heat treating to soften the

case & prevent case seperation (wher the neck is torn off the case as it's ejected), at beat resulting in a jamb & worst

the next round chambering & blowing out the chamber from the obstruction. A box of 20 rounds is currently about $10

at Cabela's (Winchester 55 gr.). Domestically produced ammo is more expensive.

Bought new for $750 during ban, again low for the time.

For the blade fans, here's may Batl'eth (spelling?) w/ the AR for size comparison.

Batleth.jpg