Which CPU?

#1 canuck fan

Cpu  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Cpus

• Intel
    • AMD
    • Other (please state in reply)

Windows, you need to be more specific-some Intel processors are good but most are shit.

Anything with Pentium, Celeron, or Centrino in its name = shit.

Anything with Core2 in its name is awesome.

On the other hand, every AMD processor is awesome for its price.

AMD Athlon 4000+ (2.4GHz) here, runs really cool at about 30 Celsius idle, about 45 on load.

• 2 weeks later...
Windows, you need to be more specific-some Intel processors are good but most are shit.

Anything with Pentium, Celeron, or Centrino in its name = s***.

AMD Athlon 4000+ (2.4GHz) here, runs really cool at about 30 Celsius idle, about 45 on load.

I currently into finding a decent processor for my upcoming rig; my professor (a rather awkward but entertaining one) told be to get an AMD, Intel's just crap, although the only beef that I would complain about those AMD cookies is that you really need to stuff some more cooling fans and stuff in there just to keep my rig alive...

Anything with Pentium, Celeron, or Centrino in its name = shit.

Same, (except it's a 4200+.. not much of a difference I don't guess) I just havn't put it "underload"... I think the highest I've got mine so far is like.. 36C. Heh. Guess I should change my answer in the poll.

I like CoreDuo because its really fast, good multitasking ability, and conserves battery usage. But some games are not compatible (current games) with Duo Cores yet. That's the only drawback.

I use a Pentium4 HT 3.0 Ghz. Not bad, at all.

I currently into finding a decent processor for my upcoming rig; my professor (a rather awkward but entertaining one) told be to get an AMD, Intel's just crap, although the only beef that I would complain about those AMD cookies is that you really need to stuff some more cooling fans and stuff in there just to keep my rig alive...

Not really, all I have cooling my proc is one wicked awesome Arctic 64 Cooler Pro, which nowadays is probably $50-$60, I got mine on a deal around Christmas for $40, combined with Arctic Silver 5 thermal grease on top of the processor, the heatsink does an amazing job of transferring it.

Same, (except it's a 4200+.. not much of a difference I don't guess) I just havn't put it "underload"... I think the highest I've got mine so far is like.. 36C. Heh. Guess I should change my answer in the poll.

Yeah, but I think yours is a dual core and it runs at 2.2GHz. Oh and under load is when I'm running something like STALKER or BF2, that's when it goes to 45 Celsius. Although since my cooling fan is so nifty, I could probably turn on Cool n Quiet and get more performance.

• 3 weeks later...