NFS: Pro Street

CroScorpion

God knows how many NFS games EA will release but here is new one.

EA will keep the old feature of crazy street racing on hot road on the edge of realism, but now things are changed. NFS: PS will be an simulation. The game will bring us a whole new level of realism with we couldn't see in previous Need for Speeds. You can now, like in Grad Turismo, drive on race roads like Sears Point Raceway. EA didn't want to say a lot more, but we will be able to drive and on streets in Asia and North America.

EA started to work on PS in 2005 and after releasing Most Wanted they focused of three aspects: smoke, damage models and car on road behaving.

One of the newest features is...damage. So there is no more "Hit the wall so you can turning faster" tactic. These damage models aren't a joke and be prepared for the Carmagedon type of damage. Damaging a car will make a huge difference in car behaving, it is not just a mask like in previous NFS.

About the type of races, there is Drag races, Drift, Grip ( fancy name for circuit) and Speed Challenge. This drag won't be silly like it was in Most Wanted, highways full of traffic, it will be nice straight road two lines and people around the track.

For every type of race you will need at last one car made for it. EA things of putting 250 different corporations in game while only about 120 signed contract.

Need for Speed: Pro Street will be out for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, PSP, PC and on mobile platforms.

Official page

What do you expect from it? Will you buy it and for what will you buy it?

It looks better, I haven`t played any NFS for a long time ( Underground 2 ) ... It looks cool, I`ve been waiting for damage since I first played NFS 3, back in 2002 ... It looks very realistic and hopefully it will work on my PC ...

EA have almost all games on low hardware request, so if you have something under 128 Mb of Graphic Cart it won't work everything else will, believe me. But I'll try to get some info about it.

Actually I have 256 gfx card ... So that shouldn`t be a problem ... but I might need 1.5 GB RAM for the game to run "smothly"...

Possible ... I never played Most Wanted :( I really like Hot Pursuit games ... I just hope this game will have cops, what`s the point of car damage without police cars anyway ?

But do they changed the NFS game engine for this one ( like GTA ) ? It is more realistic than Carbon/Most Wanted/ Underground ... I also think I saw a new game engine for FIFA 08 ... Or they just used the old engine but with improved graphics + gameplay ?

Edited by Gycu