Artificial intelligence

since no one seems to bring this up much, how far the AI going to be? give me your opinion! :lol:

ok, the fact that the peds can scatter when you draw a gun, the cops will be much harder and people interact like a real person.

this has been brought to my attention and what do you think will happen?

will they act like a real person? :)

what are your hopes for the AI? much harder cops? more action for the peds? or something different?

I think they'll do a quick and easy route for the peds:

- They'll be able to sense a wall or objects and other peds and not walk into them and get stuck like morons

- A wider variety of speech

- Few more reactions to situations, similar to how hitman did it I reckon

- Few more speech choices with them

And that's about it for peds! (in my opinion)

As for cops and enemies, all I wish for is no stupid running into things, and when you shoot them in the chest or head once they die, in the other parts two shots they pretty much die, regardless of how important they are, then I'd be happy!

-of course it has been mentioned the peds will not only walk on the street, they`ll also smoke/read the newspaper/talk to the cellphone etc.

-if you fire a shot, they should all take cover or run away ...

- when you shot a ped, some peds will run away ( oldmen/lawyers etc ) and if a brave guy is around ( solid guy with muscles ) he`ll try to stop you ...

-enter/exit - taxis/buildings/stores etc.

-if a thief stole their money they will run after him or call 911 ...

AI must be great. The game should have more developed AI feature in GTA4. If they want to keep up with other game enemies must be able to defend them self with walls. boxes, cars and so on. They should be able to take a weapon from a fallen friend or enemy, couch and Peds should be team working and push you into trap. There should be no "Ped can't swim" thing what includes cops, regular people and bosses (Stronger people that you need to kill to complete the mission. Like Big Smoke in San Andreas). Peds should be able to use what they have, that means they won't avoid (or pass by) energy and armor packs.

Edited by CroScorpion

that's good guys! keep it coming! :lol:

here's mine:

-cops and peds will be smart enough not to be stuck someplace (except for bug)

-the cops can maneuver our car while on the chase(like P.I.T stop or something like True Crime)

-the peds can run or hide when they see a criminal(not just us) pass by carrying a gun

-cops can bust other people, and not just pointing a gun, but they can cuff someone

-other people have their own activities, so we could watch them go into their homes instead of running circle

-cops will aim smartly at our leg or head if we wanted dead, and they could aim our car tires more accurately

-when the peds see a newspaper and there's a news about us, they should be scared or something

these are probably the far more advanced ideas, so i don't know if they can put all of them into GTA IV

I would like it if the cops didn't just come at you in endless waves. Maybe at first they'd do that but once you've killded alot of them they should slow down and start trying to be more sneaky.

yeah, that's a good idea, maybe they would call the mayor, and we could be a national security problem, and then there's no more cops, but the feds, and CIA's.

you know what would be really great(although impossible because R* confirmed that there will be no planes)?

if the F-18 would chase us and they would shoot machine gun when we are on foot.

and no more mindless hit & run suspect who ran over us (a lot) infact, they supposed to be a rare case, do you know how many times CJ had been ran over by car?

Too Damn many!!! panicked peds in cars tend to jump curbs & plow way too often in SA. And that god cursed motorcycle cop, has perfect aim & 360' aim, even at full speed. I've learned to hate those.

I've also gotten sick of peds making left turns into oncoming traffic (Especially when it's ME!). I keep the purple 2-headed monster (in the shower, LSPD HQ) just for those guys, if I catch 'em, it's up unto the roof & I beat the car until they get out or the car catches on fire.

Seeing those things fixed in GTA IV would make me happy. If they don't, at least leave the purple 2-headed monster where it can be found.

1 star: a policeman or two try to chase you, if they get the chance, they will tackle you to the ground, of course you should be able to fight them off.

2 stars: the police are more alert, they sprint after you, they arent afraid to use force, e.g hitting you over the head with a nightstick.

3 stars: the police start to carry pistols, they try to fire at your legs to slow you down. they will still try to arrest you, but they dont mind using more force.

4 stars: swat and helicopters appear, they will fire at you with smg's and more powerful pistols. if they ever get the chance, they will arrest you, but they dont mind killing you.

5 stars: the fbi want you dead, they carry ak47s and m16's, even if they get the chance to arrest you, they will most probably shoot you instead

6 stars: warzone! the army come after you with shotguns, smg's, m16s, an occasional army guy will even have a rocket launcher.

obviously say it was two stars, they would sprint for you, even though i didnt put it, they would sprint at you at higher stars than just 2.

gangsters n police should use objects for cover, e.g bins or walls. they actually know how to duck. god knows how many headshots i have had in previous games.

what u guys think? good posts so far!

1 star: a policeman or two try to chase you, if they get the chance, they will tackle you to the ground, of course you should be able to fight them off.

2 stars: the police are more alert, they sprint after you, they arent afraid to use force, e.g hitting you over the head with a nightstick.

3 stars: the police start to carry pistols, they try to fire at your legs to slow you down. they will still try to arrest you, but they dont mind using more force.

4 stars: swat and helicopters appear, they will fire at you with smg's and more powerful pistols. if they ever get the chance, they will arrest you, but they dont mind killing you.

5 stars: the fbi want you dead, they carry ak47s and m16's, even if they get the chance to arrest you, they will most probably shoot you instead

6 stars: warzone! the army come after you with shotguns, smg's, m16s, an occasional army guy will even have a rocket launcher.

obviously say it was two stars, they would sprint for you, even though i didnt put it, they would sprint at you at higher stars than just 2.

gangsters n police should use objects for cover, e.g bins or walls. they actually know how to duck. god knows how many headshots i have had in previous games.

what u guys think? good posts so far!

i got an idea for the police a.i in liberty city

in some of the mags they said peds and cops cud remember past events and what you look like. i also noticed that police cars each hav their own number on the back which cud mean that if you get chased by the cop that drives the "53" car and get away he wud remember you and the next time the "53" cop sees you driving by he'd start chasing you again until you get arrested, then after he arrests you he'd hav nothing to arrest you for so he wudnt chase you.

i think they shud make it so when your in a chase with the cops and you switch cars, or go into a pay n spray without any cops around to see you and u get out of the area quickly enough, your wanted level shud dissapear.

maybe they cud keep the bribe option, only you actually hav to pay for the bribe instead.

in one of the new previews it said that the police are much better at spotting stolen cars like if you hav a broken window

Edited by tdog07029

Well listening in to a 1UP Yours Podcast, one of them got a chance to look at the new updated GTA IV demo.

He explained that there is so much happening...they showed a restaurant...looking at the seamless restaurant, someone comes out, pulls out a cell phone, scratches his belly and leans on something and begin to talks. That was just one person. Other people began to leave, walked to their cars and drove off..,

He also explained that not all buildings were able to be entered...but the buildings that could, you can go throughout the ENTIRE building, very high detailed with no load times, you could go into the back room for example, open the garage and leave, or you could go upstairs, shoot out a window and jump out without absolutely NO load times...quite amazing.

EDIT*

Just noticed it was right on the front page :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Stallone

One major thing that I wanna see is that, like in previouse games, you get into a gun fight with peds or gang members. The cops only come after you and never the other people, even if they shoot you for no reason. I always look at that and say "THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!". So yeah fix that up. Also, I've said this before, I don't want my guns to just appear in my hand, I wanna see Niko pull the gun from a waist band, or if I have a large gun like an AK or pistol grip shotty, I'd wanna see him pull it from a sling. But, Hey that's just me. R* said they are shooting for realism, so there you go.

i got an idea for the police a.i in liberty city

in some of the mags they said peds and cops cud remember past events and what you look like. i also noticed that police cars each hav their own number on the back which cud mean that if you get chased by the cop that drives the "53" car and get away he wud remember you and the next time the "53" cop sees you driving by he'd start chasing you again until you get arrested, then after he arrests you he'd hav nothing to arrest you for so he wudnt chase you.

i think they shud make it so when your in a chase with the cops and you switch cars, or go into a pay n spray without any cops around to see you and u get out of the area quickly enough, your wanted level shud dissapear.

maybe they cud keep the bribe option, only you actually hav to pay for the bribe instead.

in one of the new previews it said that the police are much better at spotting stolen cars like if you hav a broken window

that is quite difficult for a cop

i'll tell ya, we'll be seeing those cops much more often if they added that

i really like it! they really should use that!

well, i have another idea, how about, drug dealers (if there is a kind of ped like that in IV) would take you to an alley where's nobody there to sell the stuff to you instead of offering them in the random street and in front of the cops like SA.

and i kind of hate these people in SA who parked their cars in front of a house/store and just leave them and never going in! i mean, if you park in front of a store or a house, you come in right? especially your house? not leave them and go someplace else by walking.

well it's a very little detail, but someone has to tell 'em like how it is!

Edited by ArtSweet

I have a few cool ideas (or so I think so)...

It would be neat for them to impliment suicide bombers or random snipers

Example: You could be just walking down the street and see people being plecked off left and right

It would be cool if they added special effects to special weapons

Example: When you have a chainsaw, you can cut off their limbs and such

Speaking of weapons, I want to see more variety

Not just the same ol' same ol'

It might be cool for the cops to read you your rights and as one person said "Fight the cops off and run"

I want to see marine life react to you... Hell, I wouldn't mind going fishing on the game lol... Maybe even get eaten by a shark like Scarface did...

I'd like to be able to shoot the birds and use them as weapons

Example: Grab them my their dead bodies by the necks and hit people with em

I want to see ALOT of easter eggs, cool stuff too, not just boring shit

I'd like to see people swimming, whether in their own private swimming pools or in the ocean

More ways to customize your vehicle in the paint shops

That's all I have for now...

I will give some more ideas later

the ai will be more different i guess,´there will be smarter citizens who will act diferently ,remember certain situations and act differently later on the game

As for the police i think they will operate diferently in a 4 star or higher case there wil be a squad with tactics and all.

I think the cops will be too difficult to beat this time - get too much attention (somehow I have the feeling we won't be seeing stars or even any indicitation of "heat") and in a similar way to scarface, "You are fu***d", they chase you down and basically kill you, like how it is in real life, you get too much attention and you're dead - I think they'll have a new subroutine so that they'll surround you, shout "you are surrounded, give up now" and there will be an option to surrender, or fight with certain death.

Wolfman,

"It would be neat for them to impliment suicide bombers or random snipers"

I don't see that happening, terrorist attacks are once every few years, and snipers even fewer. Police snipers when the police are after you could be a good idea though.

"Example: When you have a chainsaw, you can cut off their limbs and such"

Definetly :D I don't know if the euphoria or whatever it is engine can do that though

"Not just the same ol' same ol'"

I think we've already seen that with the picture of a guy with a stanley knife (or box cutter) - I'd like something like criminal origins, where you can rip pipes or planks of wood with nails or bits of bars off the wall or floor and beat the living shit out of people with a nice basey thud :)

"It might be cool for the cops to read you your rights and as one person said "Fight the cops off and run""

Or something like in scarface where you have a system to talk your way out of it, within reason of course (like stashing your guns and drugs in a bin somewhere and letting the cops approach you and let you off)

"I'd like to be able to shoot the birds and use them as weapons

Example: Grab them my their dead bodies by the necks and hit people with em"

erm, I don't, that's too far, even for me

"I'd like to see people swimming, whether in their own private swimming pools or in the ocean"

I'd like to see naked women swimming, but it's all in a dream world mate ;)

"More ways to customize your vehicle in the paint shops"

lol, boy racer style, could make some seriously nasty looking cars lol, I want to mod bikes and trucks too - surely you can add nitrous to a sports bike? :D

Other than that, welcome to the forums, and nice ideas! (apart from the bird corpse one)

Other than that, welcome to the forums, and nice ideas! (apart from the bird corpse one)

LoL Thankz... and I was running low on ideas when it came to the dead bird, I just seen it on tv a couple weeks ago, thought it was funny

I have so many ideas that if I tried to explain them it would be the longest post ever. It would take a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours to type up. I'm already long winded as it is so, I don't need to further myself in the department. All of my friends think it's because I use big words, compound sentences and I side note alot. That's why I have the nic name "Sidenote". I like it. :D