Safari 3 Beta - Now for Windows too!

Chris

Among numerous big announcements and revelations by Apple today, the company has announced it's popular Mac-only browser is now coming to Windows XP and Vista!

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of using a recent Mac computer, Safari is actually a pretty decent web browser that rivals Firefox and others, it's renowned for always being pretty quick - looks like it'll be that way on Windows too. Check out the Apple Safari website for more information on the browser and it's features, where Apple are heavily boasting about its speed. You'll find download links for the beta of version 3 there.

I'm downloading it right now for Windows (already use version 2 on my Mac) and I'll let you know how it compares to other browsers. For me personally, I still think I will prefer Firefox, even if it is slower, it still has tons of extensions and themes that safari just doesn't have.

Anyway let us know what you think of it if you try it out. Do you find it faster than your current browser? Will you switch to it when the final version comes out or will you stick to your current one?