GTA IV Episodic Content Exclusive to 360, confirms Take-Two

Chris

Speculation on this subject began back in September 2006 when Microsoft first announced that the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV would receive episodic content. Recently, in the past week, many gaming sites have picked up on this again, after Take-Two released their financial results for the second quarter. The press release simply stated that episodic content would arrive on the Xbox 360 sometime during 2008, with no mention of the PS3.

Today, a Take-Two spokesperson has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that the episodic content planned for Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusively released for the Xbox 360.

a company representative has told GI.biz, "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

This comes as yet another huge blow to the PlayStation 3, which is doing appallingly compared to its rivals, the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Don't seem right, Rockstar have always used the PS3 more then anything else, lots of exclusive games have been released on it rather then the Xbox. Not to mention the limitations, makes you wonder, maybe they have something planned, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't.

@Dazza: Oh, sorry, I read your comment the wrong way, looked like you were saying the 360 sucks, not that it sucks they only put it on 360... punctuation...

@chris82: yeah you are right actually. heh.

@Jared: Yeah it's strange they now seem to be favouring MS over Sony when it's always been the other way round. How times have changed...

I guess there could always be a surprise announcement, but it's getting later and later now [for people who haven't bought a console yet] as people will now turn to 360. If Sony leave it too late then everyone will have already got a 360 and won't want/can't afford a PS3 as well.

Speculation on this subject began back in September 2006 when Microsoft first announced that the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV would receive episodic content. Recently, in the past week, many gaming sites have picked up on this again, after Take-Two released their financial results for the second quarter. The press release simply stated that episodic content would arrive on the Xbox 360 sometime during 2008, with no mention of the PS3.

Today, a Take-Two spokesperson has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that the episodic content planned for Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusively released for the Xbox 360.

a company representative has told GI.biz, "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

This comes as yet another huge blow to the PlayStation 3, which is doing appallingly compared to its rivals, the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

i know this sounds really stupid, but i never knew what exactly is an episodic content, and what's the advantage of having it???? :(

can someone tell me the details?

It is kind of like an Expansion Pack .... But no one knows what will contain ... ( could be missions/cars/clothes etc. )

And I don`t think ether PS 3 will have Exclusive Content, neither the PC version ( if one ) ...

OGTAM, I hope you're not saying that you think it'll be released exclusivly for 360, meaning it'll be released first for 360 because it has exclusivity but released later for PS3. No. GI.biz was told it's exclusive to 360. Therefore ONLY for 360.

I couldn't work out what he meant either. Way to fail emphasis.

OGTAM, I don't think you can just read the sentence differently to then assume that the PS3 will get some at a later date. What you're doing there is taking the quote out of context from GI.biz's article.

For now, everyone just has to accept the fact that the 360 is the only console getting additional content. If the PS3 is getting some then it will be announced to us a later date, for now it doesn't have any though.