GTA IV Episodic Content Exclusive to 360, confirms Take-Two

Chris

I couldn't work out what he meant either. Way to fail emphasis.

OGTAM, I don't think you can just read the sentence differently to then assume that the PS3 will get some at a later date. What you're doing there is taking the quote out of context from GI.biz's article.

For now, everyone just has to accept the fact that the 360 is the only console getting additional content. If the PS3 is getting some then it will be announced to us a later date, for now it doesn't have any though.

I'm simply pointing out that it says "exclusively released". If it said " that the episodic content planned for Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusively for the Xbox 360.", THEN I would say "Yes, it's only for the 360."

I'm just saying, Rockstar said that both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were going to be exclusively to the PSP, but then they were put onto the PS2. I wouldn't doubt it if both LCS and VCS go to the XBox as well in the future and along with that, I feel that exclusive content for the PS3 version of GTAIV will be released, but not for a little while after it is for the 360. THAT'S MY OPINION! So don't tell me what to think.

a company representative has told GI.biz, "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

Chris wrote, in his news post, "exclusively released," which you misinterpreted as "being released on the Xbox 360 first because of an exclusivity deal, and being released later for the PS3. No. The GI.biz quote clearly states it's only for Xbox 360.

You can think whatever you want, but these are facts.

Hmm, interesting. Just one more reason to pick up a XBOX360 once Mass Effect hits the shelves (that is if I can ever find an elite). Still, I hope the content comes out for the PC as well since its so easy to download that stuff on the net. Oh well, a lot can happen between now and next year when it comes out.

You don't know that.

Its clearly obvious, what R* will do. You seen it in the past. "Exclusive" is what the say and later on Its announced Its coming to Xbox. GTA SA was an example, Microsoft does not own R*.and R* can change its mind anytime they want. They want all GTA fans to get what they deserve on every console. Not miss something out because of the console they own.

You don't know that.

Its clearly obvious, what R* will do. You seen it in the past. "Exclusive" is what the say and later on Its announced Its coming to Xbox. GTA SA was an example, Microsoft does not own R*.and R* can change its mind anytime they want. They want all GTA fans to get what they deserve on every console. Not miss something out because of the console they own.

Exactly, and if Rockstar pulls from their deal with Microsoft and Microsoft sues, I doubt Microsoft will get any Grand Theft Auto games or even Rockstar video games again. Some of you guys think Microsoft has Rockstar Games by the balls, but in reality its the other way around.

Having exclusive content on just one consol is a bad marketing plan on Rockstar's part and they know that. The deal they made with Microsoft is to make it seem like the content is only for the 360, so that Microsoft could sell some more consols and later on the PS3 will recieve content as well so Rockstar doesn't lose profit.

This is a marketing plan that has been used many times before, not just with video games. You guys have to see that.

You don't know that.

That's because the Sony->Rockstar exclusivity deal was originally scheduled to end in October 2004 but instead ended a year earlier. But it was still released on PS2 first and then ported to Xbox months later.

Rockstar put LCS and VCS on PS2 because the PSP sales weren't as high as they had hoped, so they were able to make their money back by porting them to PS2.

Besides Xbox 360 outsells PS3 heavily. I mean, I can see the Wii catching up to the 360. But the PS3? Only 3,000,000 sales isn't good, especially when compared to the less-powerful 360 and Wii.

If I was a developer, I'd develop for the 360 or the Wii, or both, but not PS3. Why? Not a big enough audience to justify the development.

The PS3 was a waste of money to begin with, and this news is the nail in the coffin. Who knows? Maybe Rockstar will release the expansions later on for PS3. But by the time that happens, everyone will have already gotten a 360 for the then-exclusive content.

Sony had the best brand for games, but they didn't put enough emphasis on what people want (GTA) and they also put blu-ray (useless) in every console. With a price tag like the PS3s, of course it's going to be outsold by a machine that

1. Has the same/better games

2. Is cheaper

You don't know that.

That's because the Sony->Rockstar exclusivity deal was originally scheduled to end in October 2004 but instead ended a year earlier. But it was still released on PS2 first and then ported to Xbox months later.

Rockstar put LCS and VCS on PS2 because the PSP sales weren't as high as they had hoped, so they were able to make their money back by porting them to PS2.

Besides Xbox 360 outsells PS3 heavily. I mean, I can see the Wii catching up to the 360. But the PS3? Only 3,000,000 sales isn't good, especially when compared to the less-powerful 360 and Wii.

If I was a developer, I'd develop for the 360 or the Wii, or both, but not PS3. Why? Not a big enough audience to justify the development.

The PS3 was a waste of money to begin with, and this news is the nail in the coffin. Who knows? Maybe Rockstar will release the expansions later on for PS3. But by the time that happens, everyone will have already gotten a 360 for the then-exclusive content.

Sony had the best brand for games, but they didn't put enough emphasis on what people want (GTA) and they also put blu-ray (useless) in every console. With a price tag like the PS3s, of course it's going to be outsold by a machine that

1. Has the same/better games

2. Is cheaper

I find the PS3 a bargain. We're getting tons of free things that 360 owners will most likely never get and the PS3 has things such as Blu-Ray that right now cost a lot to get by its self.

You're obviously not good with marketing at all. You're saying 3,000,000 PS3's were sold. Microsoft sold 11,000,000. Well would if 95% of PS3 owners were GTA fans and are planning on purchasing GTAIV where as only 75% of 360 owners were GTA fans, BUT 50% of the 360 owners that are GTA fans would rather get Halo 3, which is by far the heaviest competition for GTAIV. That would mean only 25% of 360 owners, 2,750,000 people, would buy GTAIV for the 360 where as 2,850,000 PS3 owners would by GTAIV for the PS3. This shows that what Rockstar is doing is a large marketing risk.

This here is actually one of many elements that show that doing this is bad for Rockstar Games and I know they're smarter than that.

I find the PS3 a bargain. We're getting tons of free things that 360 owners will most likely never get and the PS3 has things such as Blu-Ray that right now cost a lot to get by its self.

You're obviously not good with marketing at all. You're saying 3,000,000 PS3's were sold. Microsoft sold 11,000,000. Well would if 95% of PS3 owners were GTA fans and are planning on purchasing GTAIV where as only 75% of 360 owners were GTA fans, BUT 50% of the 360 owners that are GTA fans would rather get Halo 3, which is by far the heaviest competition for GTAIV. That would mean only 25% of 360 owners, 2,750,000 people, would buy GTAIV for the 360 where as 2,850,000 PS3 owners would by GTAIV for the PS3. This shows that what Rockstar is doing is a large marketing risk.

This here is actually one of many elements that show that doing this is bad for Rockstar Games and I know they're smarter than that.

1. Blu-Ray is more or less useless at the moment, it's too expensive and people are still rolling with DVD.

2. You don't know anything about that in the second paragraph you posted, usually people who are fans of both series of games (like me) will get both. All you're trying to do is make it look like Rockstar is foolish for favoring a console with a larger audience. Go on Xbox Live (oh wait sorry) and you'll hear nothing but praise for GTA, and I'm sure that people who can spend $400 on a console, plus $60 annually for online service can shell out $120 for GTA4 and Halo 3.

Stop putting the 360 down, just because the PS3 doesn't get exclusive content because not enough people bought it because it's an expensively useless piece of garbage, doesn't mean you should make fun of the 360.

Seriously dude, don't use made-up facts and what you think 360 users will do. The fact is that the better-selling console of the two threw Rockstar a bone and Rockstar picked up on it, it's only logical.

Hell, it's the same shit for Windows and OS X games, if you were a developer would you develop for Windows or OS X? Of course you would develop for Windows because so many people use it, so you have a much bigger audience to buy your game. Same situation here.

1. Blu-Ray is more or less useless at the moment, it's too expensive and people are still rolling with DVD.

2. You don't know anything about that in the second paragraph you posted, usually people who are fans of both series of games (like me) will get both. All you're trying to do is make it look like Rockstar is foolish for favoring a console with a larger audience. Go on Xbox Live (oh wait sorry) and you'll hear nothing but praise for GTA, and I'm sure that people who can spend $400 on a console, plus $60 annually for online service can shell out $120 for GTA4 and Halo 3.

Stop putting the 360 down, just because the PS3 doesn't get exclusive content because not enough people bought it because it's an expensively useless piece of garbage, doesn't mean you should make fun of the 360.

Seriously dude, don't use made-up facts and what you think 360 users will do. The fact is that the better-selling console of the two threw Rockstar a bone and Rockstar picked up on it, it's only logical.

Hell, it's the same shit for Windows and OS X games, if you were a developer would you develop for Windows or OS X? Of course you would develop for Windows because so many people use it, so you have a much bigger audience to buy your game. Same situation here.

1. Blu-Ray will most likely take out DVDs just like DVDs did videos. So putting Blu-Ray in the PS3 was just one way Sony thought ahead.

2. You obviously didn't understand what I was saying, so maybe I'll use smaller words or rephrase things next time so people like you could understand.

3. I could give any kind of opinion I want about the Shitbox 360. If you don't like it, don't read my post.

1. Blu-Ray will most likely take out DVDs just like DVDs did videos. So putting Blu-Ray in the PS3 was just one way Sony thought ahead.

2. You obviously didn't understand what I was saying, so maybe I'll use smaller words or rephrase things next time so people like you could understand.

3. I could give any kind of opinion I want about the Shitbox 360. If you don't like it, don't read my post.

Yes, Blu-Ray will take out DVDs, which is why HD-DVD is supported by more movie studios.

I did understand what you were saying. You said that almost every PS3 owner will buy GTA4, because there is no game being released at a similar time that they would want instead. And that only 25% of Xbox 360 owners will buy GTA4 because the rest want Halo 3 instead. No. You're acting retarded and using every method you can to make the Xbox 360, its players, and Rockstar look bad, when in reality, you're just upset because you bought the more expensive console, when ironically, the cheaper one will have more features in GTA4. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW I really hope you're not insulting me. Because that would be verrrry baaaad.

I'm shocked about this - Sony have always worked closely with Rockstar and now it's as if they're saying 'Thanks for all your work, but we're frolicking off now to Gate's big bucks'. I am extremely angry about this, and I will send hundreds of e-mails to Sony asking why they haven't got the downloadable content. :angry::angry:

Hundreds of mails will be useless ... Anyways R* played the "Who pays more, wins! " game and oviously M$ paid more ... so they got DLC ... R* has contract with both Sony and M$ but Microsoft paid for the DLC and Sony didn`t that`s why they get it ... Right ?

I did understand what you were saying. You said that almost every PS3 owner will buy GTA4, because there is no game being released at a similar time that they would want instead. And that only 25% of Xbox 360 owners will buy GTA4 because the rest want Halo 3 instead. No. You're acting retarded and using every method you can to make the Xbox 360, its players, and Rockstar look bad, when in reality, you're just upset because you bought the more expensive console, when ironically, the cheaper one will have more features in GTA4. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW I really hope you're not insulting me. Because that would be verrrry baaaad.

I would personally be very impressed to see a mentally challenged person correctly use percentages.

I would like to know why you think that I want to make Rockstar look bad. I don't really give a shit about the 360 or its owners. I AM upset that the PS3's chances of getting downloadable content for GTAIV are very very slim...I mean, who wouldn't. I'm simply pointing out that there is still a possibility.

I said...

Having exclusive content on just one console is a bad marketing plan on Rockstar's part and they know that.

And by that I wasn't saying Rockstar is stupid because of what they're doing. I'm simply saying they're not doing that and that they're just helping out a business partner, that what Chris pointed out paid them $50,000,000 to do. Rockstar and Microsoft made a deal so that the 360 would get the exclusive content first and for a certain amount of time before the PS3 would be able to get it so more people would buy the XBox 360. Later on the PS3 will get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360. Much like what happened with the Grand Theft Auto III Trilogy, PlayStation got it before Xbox did.

I'm not pulling this out of my ass; it's one of many partnership business-marketing plans out there. I've been in marketing classes for the past 3 years. I know what I'm talking about.

Later on the PS3 will get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360.

You don't know that, stop saying it, it's not a fact, it's not proven, you don't know.

Is it likely? Maybe, but we don't know so stop saying the PS3 will get exclusive content.

I'm not pulling this out of my ass; it's one of many partnership business-marketing plans out there. I've been in marketing classes for the past 3 years. I know what I'm talking about.

What you think you know aside, have you actually polled 360 and PS3 users on what they like? Have you actually gotten data about the trends of players who are fans of the two games? Do you actually know exactly how many owners of each console will buy GTA4? No. No you don't. So, for now, shut the fuck up k thx bye.

Later on the PS3 will get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360.

You don't know that, stop saying it, it's not a fact, it's not proven, you don't know.

Is it likely? Maybe, but we don't know so stop saying the PS3 will get exclusive content.

I could say it as much as I f*ucking want as long as it isn't spamming so stop trying to act like a dictator. You need to calm yourself down, get some damn water or some shit.

What you think you know aside, have you actually polled 360 and PS3 users on what they like? Have you actually gotten data about the trends of players who are fans of the two games? Do you actually know exactly how many owners of each console will buy GTA4? No. No you don't. So, for now, shut the gently caress up k thx bye.

I was simply contemplating the possiblities, which was acknowledged by me saying "Would if". Pay attention.

I don't know about you, but I'm simply debating this. So lets not turn this into a "Flame War" or whatever.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Later on the PS3 might get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360.

^fixed.

Please do not spread misinformation. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

You may well have experience with this sort of business, but so do I, and I don't think you're looking at this in realistic terms, so let me explain:

Having exclusive content on only one console is not a "bad marketing plan" as you put it. It is not going to affect how many copies of GTA IV are sold, the only influence it may have is on what console a gamer chooses to purchase it on. It's not like people aren't going to buy it just because it doesn't have exclusive content, that's an stupid thought.

Remember this is Grand Theft Auto we're talking about, people now buy these games just because of the franchise's popularity. "Oh it's GTA, it must be good, I'll buy this!" is what many non-hardcore fans would think.

MS have paid T2 such an immense amount of money that it will cover any "losses" made by not being able to give PS3 gamers additional content. That's the whole point, otherwise T2 wouldn't have accepted it - it would have been in their best interest to make additional content for the PS3 version too. But it's not now, as they're already $50,000,000 up.

Additional content is just a bonus for a game, it doesn't ever sway a decision as to whether or not a game is worth purchasing.

Hey waddup GTA homiez,im da new homeboy here. So Y'all have to get used to me 'right B) About dis topic man, DO YOUALL KNOW MANHUNT, manhunt 2 is coming out in only Nintendo Wii,that ain't fair too RIGHt!!!!! Just like this thang dat is happenin',GTA EPISODIC CONTENT ONLY ON XBOX 360 THE XBOX 360 well its just an average console....... PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!

Yeah. You're a fanboy, and there's a rule against fanboyism unless it's in this topic. How about you read some of the posts in that topic and then come back to make an informed decision, alright?

EDIT: You should probably take grammar classes, too. Just because you're a presumerably a rap fan doesn't mean you have to butcher the English language. I like Ludacris too, but Jesus Christ.

Edited by WnN2

WnN2 - Thank you.

Mohamed_GANgsta - Not a dis, just lay off the over sized text.

Granted this only speculation, but if R* has a plan w/ the exclusive 360 DLC, it's probably to get the PS3 owners to want it that much more. For all we know, Sony wants to hold off so they can charge a premium if/when they finally do get DLC.

R* could've also been looking at Sony's initial release of the PS3 as a shortage or something. Remember people camping out at Wallmart & the insane prices they sold for on e-bay?

Previous titles had exclusive release but eventually released to other platforms.

As I said, only speculation.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw