GTAIV Only In 720p?

MishoM

I was looking around Xbox.com today and went to the page for GTAIV, it says that the game supports 720p. I was thinking this game would go up to 1080i just like every other big title but I guess not.

Heres the games page on Xbox.com: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/grandtheftautoiv/ Look below the game's box and rating and it says "HDTV 720p".

I guess this is news! ^_^

It depends, the majority of 360 games are in 720p to begin with, then the Xbox 360 will just up or down scale it to whatever resolution you're TV is at.

And HD DOES make a difference, seriously if you're playing the 360 on a non-HD TV you can barely read any text in the menus or in subtitles.

Which is why I'm getting this TV.

I don't wanna spend $500 on upgrading my regular TV that I don't even use THAT much. Just a nice 20'' 720p TV for my 360.

It depends, the majority of 360 games are in 720p to begin with, then the Xbox 360 will just up or down scale it to whatever resolution you're TV is at.

And HD DOES make a difference, seriously if you're playing the 360 on a non-HD TV you can barely read any text in the menus or in subtitles.

Which is why I'm getting this TV.

I don't wanna spend $500 on upgrading my regular TV that I don't even use THAT much. Just a nice 20'' 720p TV for my 360.

Yeah, it really does make a difference. ESPECIALLY IN DEAD RISING. Don't even attempt playing Dead Rising if you don't have an HDTV, you can't read any of the text, and if you don't read the text you'll have no idea what your doing.

Maybe the lower resolution is so they can market to a wider audience. Not all of us have the HDTV setup & R* & Xbox

know it. I don't know about the rest of you, but between rent, car payment & monthly bills, I appreciate the break.

No it's nothing to do with that. It's what it supports. Even if your tv isnt HD you can still play a game that's 1080i, but it'll look shit. Just as any PS3/360 game will look shit on a non HD TV, the difference is so noticeable.

So although you don't have an HD TV, you'll still be able to play the game.

Also, I think it's always said those details on the xbox.com page, don't think that's ever been updated, which is why it still says 1 player...