Vince McMahon "Death"

#1 canuck fan

Ok so some of yous guys who watch wwe Might know this:strategy, WWE somehow came up with another idea to get attention in their battle with the likes of mixed martial arts. Fake their chairman's death.

Last Monday, after "Vince McMahon Appreciation Night," he stepped into a limo, which promptly exploded. WWE.com then announced that he was presumed dead since no body was recovered. The organization then went to YouTube and pulled the video, most likely to prevent some sort of video splicing analysis.

I have to admit, I thought it would never work. Maybe you could have done this 15 years ago when the Internet wasn't around, I reasoned, when you couldn't confirm that one major newspaper was reporting his death. But now you can do that. Now you can go to the local paper where the event happened--the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader--and see that despite the limo explosion no emergency vehicles were called, that the blowing up was actually filmed by a pyrotechnics company two days before in the middle of the night and they had permits to conduct the act. And despite the fact that the WWE said the FBI is investigating the accident, the paper also reported that the FBI was never involved.

But I was "dead" wrong. The total page views for June 12, the day after McMahon's "death" were 36.8 million with two million daily unique visitors. Now compare that to the WWE.com three month average of 14.3 million page views and one million unique visitors. Over the past week, there has been so much written about whether McMahon is dead or alive on wrestling message boards, that if you go to Google Google Inc

you get 27,700 hits when you type in "Vince McMahon Dead." That prevents most people from finding out the real story.

Of course, the WWE is continuing with the plot. Last night at RAW, they carried on the mourning for Vince McMahon for the seventh straight day. His daughter Stephanie spoke. "While it was sometimes surprising, you have no idea how much it meant to me and my family," Stephanie said, according to WWE.com. "My dad wanted to leave this world the same way he lived in it, in the biggest way possible." McMahon then said that next week would be a celebration of her father's death and she vowed to find out who blew up her father's limo.

Now, let's go a little deeper. Is it a crime for the WWE to fake McMahon's death? I don't believe so. Because a police report wasn't filed and McMahon isn't creating any sort of phony documentation or cashing in on a life insurance policy, it doesn't seem like there's any exposure here.

But I still think there's a possibility the organization could be sued by a shareholder. By announcing that he is "presumed dead" on their official Web site, they could be charged with misleading stockholders. There's no evidence that a slew of people bought the McMahon news on Wall Street. As of Monday's close, WWE stock is down only 1.8 percent since the "accident." You'd think if McMahon really died, the thing would plummet. That being said, I think there could still be a claim. Cnbc News

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On June 11, 2007, WWE aired a segment at the end of RAW that featured McMahon (in character) entering a limousine moments before it exploded. The show went off-air shortly after, and WWE.com reported the angle as though it were a legitimate occurrence, proclaiming that McMahon was "presumed dead."[5] Although this was the fate of the fictional Vince McMahon character, no harm came to the actual person (that is, his death was part of a storyline).[6][7]

Sauce

Lol, storylines? wtf? Wresting is sofa king we todd ed man.

Besides,

, everyone sees every possible edit made by USA, they know it's fake.

On June 11, 2007, WWE aired a segment at the end of RAW that featured McMahon (in character) entering a limousine moments before it exploded. The show went off-air shortly after, and WWE.com reported the angle as though it were a legitimate occurrence, proclaiming that McMahon was "presumed dead."[5] Although this was the fate of the fictional Vince McMahon character, no harm came to the actual person (that is, his death was part of a storyline).[6][7]

Sauce

Lol, wresting is sofa king we todd ed man.

What?...Wikiwhat? I don't get your point in posting that.

Wikiwhat? I don't get your point in posting that.

Uh

nohatlogonowordsbgwhitemq8.jpg

Wikipedia, do you use it?

Basically when I make a claim, I try to back it up with information proving it to be true.

But Wikipedia could be changed. Hell, you could have changed it. I don't count that as valid information and far from being proof. I'm talking about showing me how they did it using the video of the limo explosion. I analyzed the hell outta it and couldn't find any change in clips.

Wikiwhat? I don't get your point in posting that.

Uh

nohatlogonowordsbgwhitemq8.jpg

Wikipedia, do you use it?

Basically when I make a claim, I try to back it up with information proving it to be true.

But Wikipedia could be changed. Hell, you could have changed it. I don't count that as valid information and far from being proof. I'm talking about showing me how they did it using the video of the limo explosion. I analyzed the hell outta it and couldn't find any change in clips.

Ok, i saw the apparent ;'death' on youtube...

He gets in....

He goes through a trap door, concealed at the bottom of the limo, after emplacing a fake, dressed leg/foot, which is pulled in shorly before the door closes. cue special effects.retard.

Yeah, but see, there are also citations in the Wikipedia article. You see, I also created this news article and this news article just to prove you wrong. <_<

Yeah, but see, there are also citations in the Wikipedia article. You see, I also created this news article and this news article just to prove you wrong. <_<

How devious of you, you've had us all fooled! ^_^

As soon as i even read the topic title i was like 'who the gently caress actually believes that bullshit this time' and apparently, it's OGTAM...

and he means prove you wrong as in 'completely destroy your argument' ir. 'vince mcmahon is really dead OMG WTF OMGZZZZ AAAHHH!!!!!!111oneoneone!!!!111ne.

Fail, to conclude...

As soon as i even read the topic title i was like 'who the gently caress actually believes that bullshit this time' and apparently, it's OGTAM...

and he means prove you wrong as in 'completely destroy your argument' ir. 'vince mcmahon is really dead OMG WTF OMGZZZZ AAAHHH!!!!!!111oneoneone!!!!111ne.

Fail, to conclude...

Can't anyone read?!?!?! I already said that I don't believe he's dead. Holy crap!

Fail, to conclude...

Can't anyone read?!?!?! I already said that I don't believe he's dead. Holy crap!

whoops, i'm blind.... here, kitty kitty....

yeah, sorry man... hehe

I saw the video, it actually shows you that When Mr McMahon steps in the car and closes it, it actually goes onto another part of the video and it explodes. This just shows that all of it's fake and crap.

What are you talking about? It stays on the same camera. No one has yet to show me visuals of the change or any evidence, besides what websites claim, that the video was edited.

I saw the video, it actually shows you that When Mr McMahon steps in the car and closes it, it actually goes onto another part of the video and it explodes. This just shows that all of it's fake and crap.

What are you talking about? It stays on the same camera. No one has yet to show me visuals of the change or any evidence, besides what websites claim, that the video was edited.

I was watching the whole thing on Youtube, and the Official WWE website. It actually showed it change a bit, so then the Limo would explode, Mr McMahon would of got out of the car and then the car then exploded.

I was watching the whole thing on Youtube, and the Official WWE website. It actually showed it change a bit, so then the Limo would explode, Mr McMahon would of got out of the car and then the car then exploded.

Again, no one is showing me any visuals. You're just claiming stuff.