Sound problems

Praeceps

Everytime I play either VC or San Andreas my sound stops working. Not just ingame but also outside of game.

I tried fixing it with installing the newest drivers for my soundcards but it didn't work. (also tried reinstalling

several times) Sometimes it crashes after an explosion and other times it just crashed when driving or walking.

When i go back to windows afterwards, windows itself doesn't have sound anymore either.

Anyone else ever had this problem and was able to fix it? Or any idea how to fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Praeceps

Edited by Praeceps

Hmm.. This is one of a kind problem.

- First, post us your system specs, you should know how to do that. Incase you don't, ask.

- Second, if it's a laptop, maybe, just maybe, the speakers are broken, or the cables inside are not in good shape. If it's a desktop, try switching speakers with someone. Because it can be an internal problem, or a hardware problem.

- Upgrade your DirectX version. Even if you have a 9.0, there's always a more updated one in Microsoft.

- Check for viruses!

Hmm.. This is one of a kind problem.

- First, post us your system specs, you should know how to do that. Incase you don't, ask.

- Second, if it's a laptop, maybe, just maybe, the speakers are broken, or the cables inside are not in good shape. If it's a desktop, try switching speakers with someone. Because it can be an internal problem, or a hardware problem.

- Upgrade your DirectX version. Even if you have a 9.0, there's always a more updated one in Microsoft.

- Check for viruses!

Specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+

1024 ram

MSI MS-6380E

Ati Radeon 9600

Direct x 9.0c (I formatted my comp last week so it updated to the newest)

Terratec DMX XFIRE 1024 Audio Accelerator

VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Checked virusses with 2 virus scanners, non found.

(before I had my comp formatted I had GTA VC installed aswell but back then it would lag extremely hard after 20/30 mins of play. Only difference I can think between now and then are the audio/video packs I had installed for watching anime. But I can't find those anymore)

Hope this helps you help me? Thank you in advance,

Praeceps

Well do you mean before you installed the audio/video pack things, you never experience any of this stuff? Never heard of this problem.

TO ALL MEMBERS:

HEY!! EEveryone! Come look!!! Help this guy, peeps!

No when i first bought the game, it worked 'ok' to the point of just laggin really really bad after 20/30 minutes.

What I am saying is the only difference I can think off between then and now is those codec packs. But I doubt

they are the 'missing key'. After I formatted my pc last week I thought about retrying GTA:VC again to see if I

could play it now without any lag at all. That's when the crashing of sound began, so first I uninstalled it, threw

everything remotely related to it away and decided to update my sound drivers. Afterwards I reinstalled GTA

again and the same error kept up. I also tried to see if 1.1 made a difference which it didn't.

And to awnser your question, yes before the format of my computer I never experienced these problems

(just horrible lag cause my comp was such a mess)

Praeceps

i also have a sound problem but its with the radio and cutscenes, the audio just wont play i have read into this and simaler problems ocur from the downloadable version, however i didnt down load it i have tried unistalling the game and installing it again but there is just no audio for the radio or cutscenes but the mp3 player does still works. can any one help me i would realy like to listen to VROCK again.

• 3 weeks later...