Official Nokia Thread

Huckleberry Pie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thinking about getting an nokia 8800, the new one, well not exactly new but does anybody here have it and is it reliabel, like the headphones and all the other stuff in it?

nokia_8800.jpg

It's nice, although the only beef with the phone is the 64MB internal memory; that is, no provision for a memory card, and the rather anemic battery performance. I would rather pick a 6230i if I want a phone that has much the same features as the 8800...

Here's my current phone, a used 6230i:

nokia6230i.jpg

It was only available for European, Middle Eastern and Asian markets; Nokia did not release an 850 MHz version for the North American market.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Funnily enough I have a 6230i and dropped it in a puddle and it doesn't work so I will probably get a new phone and your right about the battery being crap on the 8800 but you get 2 batteries so it ain't all bad, but I definetly need a phone with radio. Definetly a Nokia as well just don't know which one. Not bothered about memory or anything just have headphones and radio on it. Any siggestions?

Funnily enough I have a 6230i and dropped it in a puddle and it doesn't work so I will probably get a new phone and your right about the battery being crap on the 8800 but you get 2 batteries so it ain't all bad, but I definetly need a phone with radio. Definetly a Nokia as well just don't know which one. Not bothered about memory or anything just have headphones and radio on it. Any siggestions?

3110classic.jpg

Maybe a 3110 Classic will do, it has some rubber stuff on it, an FM radio, and USB flash drive capability...