What pisses you off?

Dazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing. Its as if everyone who 'hates' gays is a homophobe. Well y'know, there actually people out there who are 100% straight and still dislike gay people. Doesn't mean they're homophobe, it just means they dislike them.

Saying that because virtually everyone who dislikes them is straight away seen as homophobe and that doesn't really make sense.

Oskar, he pisses me off.

@Gerard: It's mainly a way of talking.. shouldn't take those things personal.

One thing. Its as if everyone who 'hates' gays is a homophobe. Well y'know, there actually people out there who are 100% straight and still dislike gay people. Doesn't mean they're homophobe, it just means they dislike them.

Saying that because virtually everyone who dislikes them is straight away seen as homophobe and that doesn't really make sense.

Well.. I dislike the people who dislike me for being what I am..

I don't like homophobes, or the people that just don't like gay people.. They don't understand us anyway..

Actually, "homophobia" is an unreasonable fear of homosexuals.

I find it kinda laughable, the thought "OH GOD! I'LL CATCH GAY & WEAR A DRESS!!!"

As for hating someone, I can find intelligent reasons like they rip me off, have no honor/ethics. Just because they have a

different sexual preference than I do is no big deal.

I hate politicians that think I'm incapable of conducting my own life & need them to manage every little decision like whether

or not I should wear a seatbelt in my car or a helmet on a bike.

Don't say "actually" as if you know everything.

Everybody knows a "phobia" is an irrational fear, but homophobia has a different meaning. To quote Wikipedia: "Homophobia is the fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals. It can also mean hatred, hostility, disapproval of, or prejudice towards homosexual people, sexual behavior, or cultures, and is generally used to insinuate bigotry"

So that covers "oh no I'll catch gay" (which nobody with half a brain thinks) as well as using the word "gay" in a generic derogatory sense, as well as not liking people because they're gay, as well as actively disapproving of active homosexuality.

I never claimed I knew everything.

I do know the technical definition of Phobia is an unreasonable fear, as per Wikipedia. Homo-phobia as a term has been

around for some time & the term gets used loosely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia

Point taken on the loose usage of the word "gay".

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

I didnt say you said you knew everything, i said that what you said sounded like you meant that you thought you knew everything... :)

My point was that Homophobia is not a phobia in the normal sense, its meaning is broader than that, extending to prejudice.

Like Racism isn't blatant segregation now, its everything to do with race.

It's kinda sad that it grew to be such an issue (homophobia).

In the Midwestern US, I really have seen people afraid of "catching gay". We get it all, the KKK, Nation of Islam, extreme

religious types. You're dead on about the "half a brain" comment. That might even be allowing them a little more credit

than they deserve.

Far as I'm concerned, no blood no foul.

We cool?

We cool

(everybody else - this is an example of a discussion not an argument.. pointing out differences in opinion and compromising with the help of external sources and fact)

We use "catching gay" as a joke.. didn't believe that anybody actually still thought that was possible. Exactly like Chris has an obsession with AIDS and Cancer (if anybody he knows is ill.. he looks at them really seriously and goes "must be AIDS")

Another thing that pisses me off: Song that have "Feat" in them, because its usually some crappy R&B with some weird black pretend-gangsta rapper from Phili the 'hood.