Jack Thompson (again)

Kitsune Inferno

I have no idea if this was already posted because this "news" is a couple of weeks old, but check out this email from Jack Thompson to Bill Gates concerning the "hyperviolent" beta for the game Halo 3.

I've never played the beta myself, having only gotten Crackdown yesterday <_<, but I've seen videos of said beta. Of course, it is nowhere near as "hyperviolent" as JT claims. This brings up a possible motive for JT's actions, other than he's a moron. He's only going after Halo 3, which is expected to sell millions once it's released. Money. Note that JT makes no mention of Crackdown, the game you have to rent or buy to actually play the beta. Crackdown allows you to kill innocent bystanders as well as ethnic gangs, pick up their bodies and throw them off of skycrapers. Hmm, how peculiar.

BTW, I don't think "hyperviolent" is even a word.

I wonder when will this guy stop ... He sounded like a real mafioso in the last line " Here`s the deal ... " :lol:

A true mafioso here also ...

... or I shall proceed to make sure that Microsoft is held to that standard by appropriate legal means. I have done that before successfully as to Best Buy, and I shall do so again as to Microsoft and all retailers of Halo 3.

Is that a threat ? I bet Mr.Gates is well hidden under his bed after reading that line :)

more like not giving a damn. do you think bill gates cares about jack thompson? i dont think so.

GOD. this guy is a dumbass. whats wrong with him. he doesnt OWN the country and OWN what they will be able to see and play. if there was a crazy killer that trained on halo, why does it matter. he could train on mario for all anybody cares. hes GOING to kill people, games or not.

I would laugh my ass off if JT was able to stop Halo 3 from being released.

Impossible, we have the First Amendment here in the US, and the only real way to stop it were if it were rated AO. Jack Thompson doesn't care about the rest of the world.

Besides, Jack Thompson is just a little attention whore. He's going after Halo 3 because he can't legally go after GTA anymore.

Whatever, all I know is, he better not fuck with EA games, because he WILL go to jail then.