Police Officer Appearance

aabuff

Just something we can all guess on:

Do you think there'll be variety in the looks of the police? Or will they all be (basically) clones, like usual. It'd be nice to see some female officers out on the force too...

Exactly!

Yeah, it'd be really interesting to see some fat cops, skinny cops, some masculine women cops, etc.

It'd also be cool to see K9 at 3 stars. The dog comes up and bites you down to the ground while the officers take you into custody. Just an idea...

Edited by aabuff

aabuff - A great idea but I really think it won't happen, killing a dog :P, imagine Jack Thompson.

Oh the horror!

It would be pretty hardcore to see ranger cops on horses like in the country which would chase after you, but seeing as theres no outback or country in IV I don't see it happening. Plus they won't have like rideable animals haha.

Animals would be cool, but that would basicaly be bait for anti- gamers out there. Not pointing any fingers or anything (harrgggghhhhhh coff,jack thompson,coff hack hhhuummmmm) Excuse me. Anyways. Yeah variations in cops. Fat ones get winded after running after you a short distance, while hacking, coughing and panting, calls for back up. Then the more skinny ones continue to chase you but evintually become short breathed themselves. But if your stamina is not up, then they can catch you after a bit.

Speaking of , I wanna see different ways of getting BUSTED. Instead of a huge car chase leading do a shit load of cops blocking you in. And then finally a cop sneaks past your line of vision and who then opens your door holding out his gun, and screams freeze. You yell gently caress you and that's it you appear at the poloce station and your money and guns are gone. Can't you just pull over and let them come up with there guns drawn, then you can either get out and then you put your hand on your head, lay down on the growned and you get busted. Or, while they are walking up, you can floor it and loose them. Shit like that is cool.

Looks like there will be different officers. Prove me wrong but i'm sure in the 1st trailer as it pans left to right on the main street you can see a fat cop walking from right to left?? Has anyone else seen this? There's also a pic of a cop in his car, he's white and looks thin, then theres also some artwork from one of the magazines. That shows a thin black cop.

Let me know if i'm correct

Looks like there will be different officers. Prove me wrong but i'm sure in the 1st trailer as it pans left to right on the main street you can see a fat cop walking from right to left?? Has anyone else seen this? There's also a pic of a cop in his car, he's white and looks thin, then theres also some artwork from one of the magazines. That shows a thin black cop.

Sharp eye bro! I had to play it back on my PSP in frame advance. Your right. It was a fat cop just as you said. But still there needs to be more variations. not just the person, color, size, but gender and variations in the uniform and such. I don't want it to be like in the previouse ones, there are like three or so cop skins and that's it. I would also like to see some new police vehicles. I like the look of the regular cruiser this time around too. It looks like a taxi, but it looks way real.

Sharp eye bro! I had to play it back on my PSP in frame advance. Your right. It was a fat cop just as you said. But still there needs to be more variations. not just the person, color, size, but gender and variations in the uniform and such. I don't want it to be like in the previouse ones, there are like three or so cop skins and that's it. I would also like to see some new police vehicles. I like the look of the regular cruiser this time around too. It looks like a taxi, but it looks way real.

I wanna see some SUVs for the PD. So that gives it a variation of vehicles.

Does anyone really think R* gives a flammin' crap what PETA thinks?

Dogs - Easy, a new ped (unarmed). All they need to make it work are new animations & record the voice files.

If they really want the NY effect, they heed horse cops.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/transportation/horses.html

The simple route would be a vehicle (like any car or bike). If they wanted to do it right, it would be a cross of ped & vehicle

type so it would act like a horse (refuse to respond to civilians, get spooked, etc). Horse riding could be a learned skill.

Won't even start on firecrackers.

Yea, SUV's would be cool.

The cop jeeps in GTA SA were badass. I loved just drivin them around and gowin off-roading in them. Loved how the suspension worked for that vehicle. But considering there will be no back woods shit this time around I'd count out the cop jeeps return. Maybe some SUVs but you should expect them to look alot sleeker and that is IF SUV's are in GTA IV. There maybe like some civi SUV's, like for families, and soccer moms and shit.

I saw 3 different kinds of SWAT officers today, and in this pic I can't tell if the cops are different:

what_now..JPG

Doesn't look like it to me :(

Edit: I think I do see a difference in them actually, one of them is African American it looks like.

You're right, one of them is black, but the other 3? is it 3? seem to be white, and the same character model at that. Well, the game aint finished yet, so cross your fingers.

there are diffrent cops, if you see towards the start of the new trailer, when nico looks behind him driving the cop car is following, in hte car there are two diffrent cops

one is a drug useing, well fair collecting, dumb ass, malt liquer drinking, big lipped, negro

and the other is a honkey ass, sister banging, horse penis sucking, cracker ass white guy