Chinese cars

Huckleberry Pie

642421407_592256b244_o.jpg

7707137613747804.JPG

The ripoff artists from China are bringing the phrase Grand Theft Auto to the next level - but, instead of Tommy Vercetti or thieves stealing cars for profit, the boys from the Great Wall are making cheap rip-offs of Japanese and American cars. And to add to the "Boo!" factor, one of their "masterpieces", the Brilliance BS6 (the yellow pwned car), was given a 1 star rating and a Certificate Of Pwnage by a German testing firm.

Here are more evidences of Chinese vehicular plagiarism:

3622841205228263.JPG

The ripoff

5710585414083573.JPG

The original design the Nissan engineers have made for years

Another gallery of wacky car crap: http://thirdeyedumb.com/2007/04/chinese_ca...s_likes_to.html

Here's a quote from Managing Intellectual Property, about the CR-V rip:

Honda sues Chinese car maker over design copy

Legal Media Group

Japanese car maker Honda is suing Chinese company Shuanghuan Auto for copying the design of its CR-V sport-utility vehicle.

Zhu Linjie of Honda China said the company had asked Shuanghuan Auto to stop production of its SR-V vehicle in September last year. When the company failed to respond, Honda launched a lawsuit in Beijing. No date has yet been set for the hearing.

Honda is the latest in a series of car manufacturers which have accused Chinese rivals of infringing their intellectual property rights.

In December last year the Beijing No 2 Intermediate People's Court ruled against Toyota in a case it brought over its distinctive logo.

The Japanese car maker sued Chinese company Geely for trade mark infringement and unfair competition in August, but in a ruling that surprised many IP lawyers, the judge said the two logos were "obviously different".

So, are Chinese automakers are to blame?

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Man, if Rockstar's busy at making parodies of real-life vehicles in GTA (like the Jester, resembling a Supra, and a Honda Goldwing lookalike) at a significant level, these Chinese boys are making this ripping scheme for real! How come the big-name auto firms haven't succeeded in suing them? :pissedred:

Besides, according to a lawyer, in her website:

After Toyota suing geely, Honda China filed an action against Shuanghuan Auto Co., Ltd, Shijiazhuang, Hebei and its distributor---Beijing Xuyang Hengxing Economic and Trade Co., Ltd with Beijing Higher People’s Court. Count of the plaintiff is that the design of “Laibao SRV” manufactured by the defendant is extremely similar to that of “Honda CRV” manufactured by Dongfeng Honda, hence infringing upon patent right for design of the plaintiff.

Sources from Honda that in September of 2003, Honda found the outer appearance of “Laibao SRV” was surprisingly similar to that of the “Honda CRV”. Though Honda sought negotiation with Shuanghan, the latter failed to make response, so Honda China filed an action against Shuanghuan Auto Co., Ltd and one distributor of its with Beijing Higher People’s Court on November 3, 2003.

Shanghuan held that, though there were some similarities between “Laibao SRV” and “Honda CRV”, the former was designed by Shuanghuan independently, and Shuanghuan did not infringe upon Honda’s patent right for design. Last year, Shuanghuan commenced an action against Honda with Shijiazhuang Intermediate People’s Court.

It's a blunt argument for Shuanghuan (the people responsible for the CR-V rip) to say that they just made the SR-V independently, and that they did not reverse-engineer or otherwise spy at Honda - it's obvious that they did copy the vehicle, judging from the design. How about an angry mob and a lawsuit, huh, Honda?

Fake_My_Ride.jpg

These Chinese guys are thinking big!

The Chinese are trying to become the next Superpower in the world. By sheer population they have a good start. They are the big reason that oil prices are so high. They are buying a lot of it up.

Not to mention an ass load of construction supplies.

Anyway, I don't understand why the big boys haven't sued yet. Is it because they are only really solid in China?

(BTW, I'd put ANY American made truck against a Japanese or European one.)

The Chinese are trying to become the next Superpower in the world. By sheer population they have a good start. They are the big reason that oil prices are so high. They are buying a lot of it up.

Not to mention an ass load of construction supplies.

Anyway, I don't understand why the big boys haven't sued yet. Is it because they are only really solid in China?

(BTW, I'd put ANY American made truck against a Japanese or European one.)

Nope, they tried to sell their warez (no illegal software discussion intended here; we could have called those ripoffs warez, too) to the US and in my home turf in the Philippines, but they ended up with lawsuits like what was stated in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Wave#Design_rights_issues - and adding to the fact that they tried to sell a Smart car copy in the EU...

That's because the only people who can correctly produce cars are Europeans and the Japanese.

And BTW the Chinese government sucks, communism at its finest...where most families make $300 per month and the government does nothing about it.

Lucky bastards, here most of the families make $100 or $200 per month, my dad gets 400, my mom 100 .... :lol:

They tought that Americans will never notice their car, and when they`ll see one will believe it is a Nissan :)

How the hell are the legit car manufactuers not winning these lawsuits? Oh yeah, because communists look out for one another. The Chinese government doesn't give two shits about anyone but its own citizens.

And they're notorious for being a toothless tiger when it comes to consumer safety, they have lax regulations concerning lead (the element pb, right?), since there were incidents involving a massive recall of toys that were found to have such crap! C'mon, guys, what on earth are you Chinese boys trying to do??? :pissedred:

Even Woozie might be disappointed to know that some of his fellow countrymen are notorious for making crap and spreading it all over the world...

Woozie: What are we riding right now?

Chauffeur: It's a Brilliance BS6...

Woozie: Go buy me a Toyota instead!!

Lawsuits on the Chinese? :rofl::lolbounce::yup::lol:

It's not like you can sent the sheriff over to collect a judgment & they know it.

The most the rest of the world can do is try to crack down on distributors selling the products & that changes from one country

to the next. Then you get corrupt officials looking the other way. The Chinese products are cheap enough to risk when they do get caught.

http://www.my-esm.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=13100410

http://www.purchasing.com/article/CA259097.html

http://www.panasianbiz.com/2007/01/counter...ost_ford_1.html

This is the tip of the Iceberg.

Lawsuits on the Chinese? :rofl::lolbounce::yup::lol:

It's not like you can sent the sheriff over to collect a judgment & they know it.

The most the rest of the world can do is try to crack down on distributors selling the products & that changes from one country

to the next. Then you get corrupt officials looking the other way. The Chinese products are cheap enough to risk when they do get caught.

http://www.my-esm.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=13100410

http://www.purchasing.com/article/CA259097.html

http://www.panasianbiz.com/2007/01/counter...ost_ford_1.html

This is the tip of the Iceberg.

Well I could have pwned those idiots big time if I'm one of the engineers who make car designs... Well, maybe we'll make a big online petition to show to the Chinese that we're not happy about what they're doing...

• 1 month later...
I dug out this vid of a chinese car test. The car is only going 45mph.....

Really shit chinese car crash test...

The SUV looks too dangerous to drive, judging from the crash test results. The Chinese whores just sell stuff for profit, only that they had little regard to safety... How come those fools do not clean up their act??? :pissedred:

I dug out this vid of a chinese car test. The car is only going 45mph.....

Really shit chinese car crash test...

dude....

there f**king dead.

that is pure pwnage. the car fricken bent UPWARDS!

And the authorities in the Philippines were also trying to get rid of the ripoff crap, according to Wikipedia:

The National Bureau of Investigation in the Philippines has recently seized several motorcycles that were very similar or otherwise almost identical to the original Waves, from an establishment in Quezon City. The investigation disclosed that based on the case filed by Honda Motors, Philippines, the company's Philippine subsidiary, several establishments were engaged in the sale, manufacture, importation and distribution of Honda Wave clones. Honda alleged that it owns and controls allied intellectual motorcycle models in Wave 110S, Wave 125S, and Dream Excess in the Philippines and in several other countries, all registered in the Bureau of Patent.

Surveillance conducted confirmed the report that several distributors and manufacturers had been doing business using models very similar to Honda models with the markings "WAAEI 110", "LIFAN LFG 110-7A", "Dream Excess" and "LF100-5LIFAN", and under the trade names Lifan, Skygo, Euro Motor, Jianshe, Loncin, and many others. Ironically, Lifan once launched a television commercial, seeming to give the impression that their motorcycles were as good as Japanese, European and American bikes, not noting that they were also notorious for copying other manufacturer's vehicles. It is no surprise that some Chinese firms were notorious for imitating other manufacturers' products, even though they face penalties for this kind of violation.

Even Woozie himself would get mad at the cheapskates making crappy products such as these rolling pwnage chambers... :pissed: