would you cheat in GTA IV

cheat  

34 members have voted

1. 1. would you cheat

• yes
    • no
    • maybe if im stuck

No, it disables the achievements in the Xbox 360 version.

It does in most other games, so.

No I would not cheat. I believe in beating the game fair and squair. Plus it's just a whole lot more fun that way. I think it's stupid to mash a few buttons and get rid of the cops when it's just so much more fun to lead a high speed chase across town to the nearest

pay n spray. Plus just typing in a code to get a badass car is no fun, when you can work for it and then it feels so much more rewarding. What I'm getting at here is, rewards are'nt rewards if you just use a damn code.

After I complete the game, then yeah I will use cheats, but using them when you're stuck on a mission is as good as giving up. You get no satisfaction by using cheats to complete missions, even if you're stuck, because you know you've getting help which you shouldn't. The only time I would use cheats is when I've completed the game and want some fun, and even then I'd probably hunt down all the weapons and armour I can find for myself and go on a rampage.

It's way too eazy with cheats. The last time I used cheats, was when I first got GTA3 on my PC when it came out.

Cheats take out achievements, and I want to proudly beat the game on that one.

For the person who said he doesn't like to run outta ammo, have you ever ? I mean, the whole serie has never been realistic about money. You get enought money to buy every gun you want. You just need to know how to aim good and you're all set. But if you're a bad shooter...Train !

After I complete the game, then yeah I will use cheats, but using them when you're stuck on a mission is as good as giving up. You get no satisfaction by using cheats to complete missions, even if you're stuck, because you know you've getting help which you shouldn't. The only time I would use cheats is when I've completed the game and want some fun, and even then I'd probably hunt down all the weapons and armour I can find for myself and go on a rampage.

True that bro, I totally agree with you. It's so much more stisfying. When you use cheats, like you said, it's like giving up and getting help you should not have gotten.

It's way too eazy with cheats. The last time I used cheats, was when I first got GTA3 on my PC when it came out.

For the person who said he doesn't like to run outta ammo, have you ever ? I mean, the whole serie has never been realistic about money. You get enought money to buy every gun you want. You just need to know how to aim good and you're all set. But if you're a bad shooter...Train !

Exactly, I never run out of ammo, eccept at the beginning of the game when I have no money. And I'm a pretty darn good shot, so I make my bullets count. Plus cheats do more than just screw up your achievments. They can mess up your whole game. That's right, cheats will corrupt your game data.

I feel the same way.

I like to prove to my brother and boyfriends that I am just as good by beating the game without cheating.

Edited by Mrs.Vercetti

I wont, only after I pass the game or decide to have dun, but not during missions.

What is this "Dun" that you speak of? Should I have it also?

j/k :P

lol It was a typo, It was fun not dun, I edited now. But if you want to have dun, then you can? Enjoy! :D

I only cheated before VC.

Edited by Charger

This is true about the money situation, but I'm one of those impatient people... If I have struggled on a certain mission forever and I finally got close to beating it, but I run out of ammo right at the last minute, it's kind of hard to pause the mission just to run all the way to ammo-nation and restock on ammo....

But like everyone's saying.. If it f**ks with the achievements then chances are, I won't cheat

i think theres already a topic about this. oh well.

yes, i would. no matter what. i would do one savegame for uncheating and storyline and 100 percent only, then after i finish that ill make another copy of that for anything and cheats.

Edited by tilly

i think theres already a topic about this. oh well.

When I joined TGTAP I made a topic like this ... But this one is good ...

I cheated in every GTA, while missions ... But this time things will be different so I won't cheat the first time

First time : Beat the game without cheats ( but using a Walkthrough )

After That I`ll play and have fun with cheats ...

Cheating is part of GTA, it allows quite more hours of fun gameplay. Maybe only for san andreas because it as funny cheats.

Since its gonna be GTA IV, think of the cheats you will get?! Even better than floating cars and that was fun.

So Yes definitely, but i cheat in any other game anyway :P

Edited by wackyfunsuperslide

I would cheat only when I finish the game off, It's better to play the game without cheats since you actually are playing the game fairly. If you cheat, shame on you, Lol. :P

But if you do cheat, save it later when you finish the game, it's better than doing it at the start. You'll get bored later on if cheated at the start.