GTA IV At The Microsoft E3 Press Conference

MishoM

PeterMoore.png

Today was Microsoft's E3 Press Conference. Peter Moore barely touched on GTA IV, but he did in fact mention it. What he did mention was that the Xbox 360 would be receiving "two exclusive episodic content packs", and that they would both be arriving on, and only on the Xbox 360 before the end of Spring 2008. Peter Moore also mentioned that you would only get "the full experience" of the game on the Xbox 360. (Due to it being the only one receiving said exclusive content.) The second Grand Theft Auto IV trailer was also played with no changes at the conference, and he said that both GTA IV trailers were running in real time, on an Xbox 360.

Also, during the press conference, Moore went on about how the top five best selling game on the Xbox were GTA III, GTA: VC, GTA: SA, Halo, and Halo 2. He had also said that the only system you'll be able to play "Halo 3, GTA IV, and Madden '08 all on" will be the Xbox 360.

So, the only GTA IV news at this conference was the fact that both episodic content packs would be arriving before the end of Spring '08 (previously, we only knew they would be arriving before "the end of 2008".) If any more Grand Theft Auto-related news hits this E3, you know it'll be posted here on TheGTAPlace, so stay tuned!

Thanks "Busby" for reminding me about the trailers running on an Xbox 360!

Edited by MishoM

looks like you posted this just before me and you forgot to mention that both trailers were run on the 360

Hehehehe, beat you to it, sorda! :P I was thinking about putting it in there, but I thought everyone knew that. (Who didn't know all the other stuff two though? lol)

Edit: I updated the post, thought it over and remembered that, that was never mentioned before. (At least I don't think it was.) I gave you credit aswell.

Edited by MishoM

Pretty cool, but not really any new info. Seems like he had a bias for the 360 and just bragging about it really :P

And the fact that the trailers were on a 360 (doesn't really make a difference for me)

Yeah, well that is expected of course. Wonder if there will be any IV mentions at Sony conference. If so, you know it'll be posted here!

Meh, no real news, except Peter Moore bragging about Xboxs power as usual. Getting fed up of his comments now.

And he doesn't have the right to? Look at the sales of the Xbox 360 compared to the PS3. People like Halo and GTA. Along with Half-Life based games, they are the most popular being made. Because the 360 has Halo 3 as an exclusive, plus the better GTA4 experience (with the exclusive content), it will sell more.

However, I WILL say this: MS needs to own up to their hardware failures. I haven't experienced it, but I will not be putting Forza 2 into my console any time soon.

looks like you posted this just before me and you forgot to mention that both trailers were run on the 360

Hehehehe, beat you to it, sorda! :P I was thinking about putting it in there, but I thought everyone knew that. (Who didn't know all the other stuff two though? lol)

Edit: I updated the post, thought it over and remembered that, that was never mentioned before. (At least I don't think it was.) I gave you credit aswell.

Thanks MishoM for the credit, Peter Moore was bragging a lot in that conference but just wait for the Sony one tonight see what they have to say.

Meh, no real news, except Peter Moore bragging about Xboxs power as usual. Getting fed up of his comments now.

And he doesn't have the right to? Look at the sales of the Xbox 360 compared to the PS3. People like Halo and GTA. Along with Half-Life based games, they are the most popular being made. Because the 360 has Halo 3 as an exclusive, plus the better GTA4 experience (with the exclusive content), it will sell more.

However, I WILL say this: MS needs to own up to their hardware failures. I haven't experienced it, but I will not be putting Forza 2 into my console any time soon.

why? something wrong with forza 2? :(

anyway, good news, this means that sony will have to try harder :lol: (kidding, no offense to sony fanboy)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeha, I remember somewhere when G4 was hostin E3 that there was some secret GTA IV footage that wasn't taped or anything...

Yes, there was some. It was basically of Niko driving around a city in a black car for a minute and there weren't any other cars or peds' on the street. He drove to like the water, and then it ended or something. Nothing worth posting, and seeing as how there aren't any screens, meh.