New GTA IV Details From PLAY Magazine

MishoM

PLAYMag_155.jpg

A few new details on GTA IV can be seen in the newest edition of PLAY magazine, a lot of the preview though is sadly just like Monday's GamesTM preview. The magazine is a UK-only magazine, and should be on store shelves right now, or very soon! Below are some of the highlights from said preview:

• "Little Jacob", an arm's dealer is said to be a good friend of Niko's cousin, you can buy weapons from him. The weapon's are in the trunk of his car, and the method used to purchase the weapons is very similar to the way you would buy weapons from an Ammu-Nation in the other GTA's.
  • Niko meets with "Little Jacob" in Rotterdam Hill, in Alderney (the game's recreation of New Jersey).
  • Niko ends up killing Goldberg, the lawyer, as a "favor". (This will most likely be a mission.)
  • Rockstar showed off Goldberg's death twice, both were completely different from each other. (Which makes you think, there will probably be many ways to complete a single mission.)
  • There were no arrow's on top of certain people you had to kill, you have to figure out who to gun-down on your own.
  • Multiplayer is accessed through Niko's cell phone. (GTA IV will most likely not have a menu like the other installments I suppose.)
  • You must maintain and develop relationships with people and friends. (You maintain them by being loyal to the person, etc.) If this means Niko could have a girlfriend if he maintains a relationship with a certain women is unknown at the moment.
  • You can use objects as cover, blind fire, and roll around. (Somewhat like Gears Of War!)
  • McReary, is the "corrupt cop", and he has "dirt on Niko's past".
  • PLAY previewed a mission by the name of "Call And Collect".

Keep checking TheGTAPlace for many more updates on magazine articles like the one above!

Thanks S-4 Gore, for the scans and info!

Just to tell you MishoM, you should place the Spoiler tags around most of this news, it actually tells you the missions name in the game, and tells you that

Niko ends up killing Goldberg

Use the spoiler tags to cover up all the spoilers.

Anyways, I like the Idea of you accessing Mulitplayer through the cellphone. I like it. ^_^

Yeah that killing in many ways rocks!!! I always hated it when in SA for example in that mission where CJ have to kill some dude in Madd Doggs crib, there was only one way ie chase that asshole through the house and kill him in a car pursuit. I always tryed to kill him sooner but no matter how many rounds i put in his chest (or head) he didnt die <_<

That makes it more realistic though. And harder and a bit more creative for the missions because you'll have to find out. In the Games preview it said you could call him through your cellphone and while watching Goldberg you can identify him by the guy who picked up the phone. This is really cool and gives you a bit of a challenge.

Taking cover sounds cool. And I like the idea of finishing missions in multiple ways. As you can see, the cell phone looks really important in GTA IV with more and more features being revealed each preview.

Makes me wonder what GTA V will do :rolleyes:

Cool, info but would be kind of hard without the "arrows".

yeah, it's kinda like saint's row, i remember about the hitman list, it was damn hard

anyway, nice find MishoM, i like gears of war gameplay, it's very save to find a cover rather than shooting in an open fire like CJ, Tommy and Claude. ^_^

and wow, alternative story huh? does this mean that GTA IV will have alternative endings

If you're thinking of getting this Play issue, members in England, then make sure you do, because I bought it and there was a Powerstation mag inside the wrapping, meaning I wangled a mag for free :D They're not giving the mag away, it was just inside the wrapping, lucky for me. :D The people who package the mag must have put it in there without knowing.

yeah, it's kinda like saint's row, i remember about the hitman list, it was damn hard

anyway, nice find MishoM, i like gears of war gameplay, it's very save to find a cover rather than shooting in an open fire like CJ, Tommy and Claude. ^_^

and wow, alternative story huh? does this mean that GTA IV will have alternative endings

Don't you ever, EVER, EVER, compare saints row with GTA IV.. saints row sucks

Have you even played Saints Row? Because it's obvious you haven't, because it's still a good game. And it still had arrows.....

Normally, I'd just gun down everyone in sight to make sure I kill my target, but I probably wouldn't get to the Pay N' Spray or whatever gets rid of your wanted level in time.

well, it's definitely far from GTA IV, but it's worth playing for, i'm just saying that Saints row also had a hitlist without arrows

Have you even played Saints Row? Because it's obvious you haven't, because it's still a good game. And it still had arrows.....

Normally, I'd just gun down everyone in sight to make sure I kill my target, but I probably wouldn't get to the Pay N' Spray or whatever gets rid of your wanted level in time.

but they already said that even a small crime worth gunning by cops :( , and there's no more p&s, how are we going to get out if shooting one ped is intolerable :nope: